Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,530 members, 7,826,983 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

Please Come To My Broilers Aid - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Please Come To My Broilers Aid (493 Views)

Help! My Broilers Are Dying In 10s! / How Can I Sell My Broilers In Live Weighted(per Kilo) / Help!my Broilers Has No Weight@ 8 Weeks+ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Slimzitee(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2018
I got 50 day old broilers August 29 and I left for school after a week putting someone in charge... I just decide to go home to check on dem during weekend and I met 36 left..it hurts a lot..I learnt they died but the vaccines ad everything is intact the vet doctor said it might be cold,cuz they are in good condition but not big in size..so am changing there feed and I need advice on any other thing. plz.
Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by thewritingtodo(m): 6:08pm On Sep 14, 2018
Slimzitee:
I got 50 day old broilers August 29 and I left for school after a week putting someone in charge... I just decide to go home to check on dem during weekend and I met 36 left..it hurts a lot..I learnt they died but the vaccines ad everything is intact the vet doctor said it might be cold,cuz they are in good condition but not big in size..so am changing there feed and I need advice on any other thing. plz.
As an animal lover, your topic for me is quite moving. I wish I could help. But here's the much I know: sometimes, even after all the vaccine regimen is followed strictly, including other factors to keep them healthy, the 'type' of Day-Old birds, matters a lot. Genetically, if they are not strong, then sadly the mortality rate would be high and there would be little or nothing you can do except to pray and apply all your skills.

Secondly, I noticed you said you put them in someone's care. Tbh, at the very early stage you cannot afford to leave your birds in the hands of someone who might not be as meticulous as is needed for the first one or two weeks. Why not make time, no matter how hard, to oversee their care yourself. Knowing that you're emotionally invested, you'd be more careful to adhere to the strict rules of bringing up day-olds. All these points I have brought is because I assume you have followed the other obvious protocols of vaccination, hygiene, warmth, etc. Am I right? Then, weirdly, it would be good wake up at night and pray for them and speak growth and health to them to cap it all up. grin
Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Nobody: 6:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
Slimzitee:
ask the vet doc. the number of times he adminstered gumboro and lasota vaccine to the birds and the dosage used. also i think you ought to have monitored the brooding process till the end to ensure adequate supply of heat to the chicks from day old to the 18-21 days. as for the size of the bird, use weighing scale to check their weight and give me a feedback including the age of the birds before i tell you what to do

1 Like

Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Slimzitee(m): 6:17pm On Sep 14, 2018
thewritingtodo:

As an animal lover, your topic for me is quite moving. I wish I could help. But here's the much I know: sometimes, even after all the vaccine regimen is followed strictly, including other factors to keep them healthy, the 'type' of Day-Old birds, matters a lot. Genetically, if they are not strong, then sadly the mortality rate would be high and there would be little or nothing you can do except to pray and apply all your skills.

Secondly, I noticed you said you put them in someone's care. Tbh, at the very early stage you cannot afford to leave your birds in the hands of someone who might not be as meticulous as is needed for the first one or two weeks. Why not make time, no matter how hard, to oversee their care yourself. Knowing that you're emotionally invested, you'd be more careful to adhere to the strict rules of bringing up day-olds. All these points I have brought is because I assume you have followed the other obvious protocols of vaccination, hygiene, warmth, etc. Am I right? Then, weirdly, it would be good wake up at night and pray for them and speak growth and health to them to cap it all up. grin
in return your response really got to me..actually this the second batch this year,I did the first one well and I stayed with them for like a month before going to sch..but this time around second semester holiday was short just two weeks...and I was actually having doubt about the feed so I'll change that early tomorrow morning.. really appreciate you sir..and I also keep to protocols

1 Like

Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Slimzitee(m): 6:32pm On Sep 14, 2018
Slimzitee:
am thinking of buying vital feed starter tomorrow

1 Like

Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Slimzitee(m): 6:34pm On Sep 14, 2018
matex97:
ask the vet doc. the number of times he adminstered gumboro and lasota vaccine to the birds and the dosage used. also i think you ought to have monitored the brooding process till the end to ensure adequate supply of heat to the chicks from day old to the 18-21 days. as for the size of the bird, use weighing scale to check their weight and give me a feedback including the age of the birds before i tell you what to do
okay sir.I'll let you know their weight

1 Like

Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by thewritingtodo(m): 6:41pm On Sep 14, 2018
Slimzitee:

in return your response really got to me..actually this the second batch this year,I did the first one well and I stayed with them for like a month before going to sch..but this time around second semester holiday was short just two weeks...and I was actually having doubt about the feed so I'll change that early tomorrow morning.. really appreciate you sir..and I also keep to protocols
Cool and thank you too. Hmm, now you see what I'm saying @ bolded? Well, change the feed like you have said, but I'd advise you pay more attention to the water than the feed. Clean up their water troughs/containers frequently, except where there's a drug mixture in it, in which case you make sure there's no sawdust or particles that could cause them infection in it, (maybe twice or thrice a day). I'm no expert but we raised birds in our family house some time ago for a while so I know a thing or two. In general, do your thing, you already seem to have it quite under control, from this your last post. All the best bro.
Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Slimzitee(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
thewritingtodo:

Cool and thank you too. Hmm, now you see what I'm saying @ bolded? Well, change the feed like you have said, but I'd advise you pay more attention to the water than the feed. Clean up their water troughs/containers frequently, except where there's a drug mixture in it, in which case you make sure there's no sawdust or particles that could cause them infection in it, (maybe twice or thrice a day). I'm no expert but we raised birds in our family house some time ago for a while so I know a thing or two. In general, do your thing, you already seem to have it quite under control, from this your last post. All the best bro.
Actually it got to me emotionally a lot this time..cuz I constructed a new house for them taking a lot of money then to find out 14 died..as in..my brain isn't settling self but now my hope has been raised again..thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Slimzitee(m): 7:15pm On Sep 14, 2018
thewritingtodo:

Actually it got to me emotionally a lot this time..cuz I constructed a new house for them taking a lot of money then to find out 14 died..as in..my brain isn't settling self but now my hope has been raised again..thanks alot...I was really down

1 Like

Re: Please Come To My Broilers Aid by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 14, 2018
Slimzitee:
okay sir.I'll let you know their weight
ok no problem

(1) (Reply)

Mature Buck (rabbit) For Sell / History Of Corn Planter / Get Acres Of Land For Farming In Osun State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.