Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,034 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread (1444 Views)

How To Fix Fifa 19 Black Pitch Working 100% / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue... / FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 3:23am On Sep 15, 2018
Wow ...

Based on presentation alone it's a must buy . The opening motion graphics ...colour pallette and all are very appealing visuals .

Once I started my first match I choose Juventus vs Dortmund I immediately went to settings and configured my pad . Thankfully unlike FIFA 18 demo it doesn't reset back to default at the end of a match . So I go to set up my team and this part that has been more or less the same for years has been overhauled ...well sort of . The interface for team settings has changed . Your defence settings are right in your face . There's no distinct custom team settings hidden .

One good thing now as that you can visually see how to make your defenders stay tight or position themselves closer to each other . This is represented by circles on the field . Same goes for pressure . Ditto for midfield and attack . You can also determine how many players are in the box for crosses , corners and free kicks .

Now the most striking thing I noticed . Don't laugh guys . Drum roll please : not only did EA take over the rights of champions league from PES they also copied their graphics .

If you recall FIFA looks organic while PES has this saturated look kind of like AMOLED screens . Well FIFA 19 adopts this and the field looks saturated graphic' s wise . You would be forgiven for thinking it was PES if the Jersey's didn't match the name of the clubs . Ouch .

Another thing I noticed is that there are a new pair of commentators . It feels refreshing to hear two new voices aside from the usual Martin Tyler and the other guy ( sorry if I got the names wrong ) .

GAMEPLAY -

1) well honestly the one thing I noticed but I can't be so sure os that wingers aren't as OP as I FIFA 18 mainly because defenders seemed to have night blindness . The driven pass to wingers still cuts defences but your defence isn't as stupid as the previous installment .

2) the physics of the ball ...seemed a bit better as I noticed that defenders no longer open their legs like fools in a bid to intercept a pass . This was one of the most stupid things in FIFA 18.

3) I didn't try the timing shot . Can't say anything about it .

Anything else I noticed oh yeah :

Man UTD is definitely going to play waaayyyyy better than their real life stats .

Real Madrid are terrorists . Beat me 4-1 . Their positioning and awareness are as devilish as expected .

Well I will invite my winch neighbor to play today and will give more information as I delve in deeper .

So far I like it .

Might change my mind ...

Thanks .

Singing off for now: king of bruhs .

1 Like

Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Alejoc(m): 5:30am On Sep 15, 2018
smiley wink
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by KendrickAyomide: 6:24am On Sep 15, 2018
Oga where you they make i come thrash you

1 Like

Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 15, 2018
Bruh...
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by typicalgamer(m): 11:01am On Sep 15, 2018
tobianthony:
Wow ...

Based on presentation alone it's a must buy . The opening motion graphics ...colour pallette and all are very appealing visuals .

Once I started my first match I choose Juventus vs Dortmund I immediately went to settings and configured my pad . Thankfully unlike FIFA 18 demo it doesn't reset back to default at the end of a match . So I go to set up my team and this part that has been more or less the same for years has been overhauled ...well sort of . The interface for team settings has changed . Your defence settings are right in your face . There's no distinct custom team settings hidden .

One good thing now as that you can visually see how to make your defenders stay tight or position themselves closer to each other . This is represented by circles on the field . Same goes for pressure . Ditto for midfield and attack . You can also determine how many players are in the box for crosses , corners and free kicks .

Now the most striking thing I noticed . Don't laugh guys . Drum roll please : not only did EA take over the rights of champions league from PES they also copied their graphics .

If you recall FIFA looks organic while PES has this saturated look kind of like AMOLED screens . Well FIFA 19 adopts this and the field looks saturated graphic' s wise . You would be forgiven for thinking it was PES if the Jersey's didn't match the name of the clubs . Ouch .

Another thing I noticed is that there are a new pair of commentators . It feels refreshing to hear two new voices aside from the usual Martin Tyler and the other guy ( sorry if I got the names wrong ) .

GAMEPLAY -

1) well honestly the one thing I noticed but I can't be so sure os that wingers aren't as OP as I FIFA 18 mainly because defenders seemed to have night blindness . The driven pass to wingers still cuts defences but your defence isn't as stupid as the previous installment .

2) the physics of the ball ...seemed a bit better as I noticed that defenders no longer open their legs like fools in a bid to intercept a pass . This was one of the most stupid things in FIFA 18.

Man UTD is definitely going to play waaayyyyy better than their real life stats .

Real Madrid are terrorists . Beat me 4-1 . Their positioning and awareness are as devilish as expected .

Well I will invite my winch neighbor to play today and will give more information as I delve in deeper .

So far I like it .

Might change my mind ...

Thanks .

Signing off for now: king of bruhs .

bruh bruh

I have the demo too o graphics there's no difference from 18 its your first time seeing it that's why only presentation.....commentary...... and little tweaks in gameplay that's the difference

and for fifa18 demo pad setting to reset after every match.......bruh bruh bruh bruh bruh
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 11:25am On Sep 15, 2018
Yeah bruh. .. you are right . I guess my eyes had to adjust to it well.

Just played a few more games ...I am really enjoying it .

Defenders are way more responsive . It's a definite buy for me .

I heard the devs swore that they wouldn't change the gameplay for the first month or so . Depending . And they admitted that they messed up in FIFA 18.

By the way one bruh will suffice .
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 15, 2018
The major pro for me as against what happened in FIFA 18 was that defenders were very susceptible to through balls to wingers . I don't think this is the case .

I think crossing is a bit too OP now Sha ...maybe it's just me tho .
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
The more I play this game the more I start to see shades of FIFA 18 ...in it . Hmmm
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Thegamingorca(m): 8:37pm On Sep 15, 2018
tobianthony:
The major pro for me as against what happened in FIFA 18 was that defenders were very susceptible to through balls to wingers . I don't think this is the case .

I think crossing is a bit too OP now Sha ...maybe it's just me tho .

grin

I just don't get this hype about playing the same footie year in year out.

3 Likes

Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by LucemFerre: 8:41am On Sep 16, 2018
Why people would want a football game to "LOOK" different is beyond me.
What do you expect, fireballs and powerups?
The difference in football games are in the feels, not the looks.

Anyways... FiFA is a must buy, they now have all the licenses. I don't care if it looks like FIFA 12. Licenses, commentary and organization is a very big deal.

1 Like

Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 9:11am On Sep 16, 2018
Yeah ...I get that but in this new age of annual consumerism ...we want more for our money to just the yearly purchase .

To each his own. What I want is the ability to control as much as a real life coach would his team , in the game .

I hope the team offiside trap remains in the final build as I use it to organize my defence . It's no longer an option from the demo .

Still trying to master the team settings tho .

No one expects anything out of the ordinary which you would see on TV . But the eternal battle between arcade fans and simulation fans of FIFA continues . I don't think you should be able to ping pong passes as accurately as is in the game .

At least defenders are more responsive tho .
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by LucemFerre: 10:23am On Sep 16, 2018
Thanks to sliders you could reduce the accuracy of your passes if you feel the passes are too accurate. (shrugs)
FIFA's flexibility is outstanding.

Defence is the only FIFA problem. I hope they improve on that
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
Yeah it's better now ...defending I mean

1 Like

Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by iamdutch: 3:00pm On Sep 16, 2018
Leroy Sane is OP
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 16, 2018
I don't understandan city in this game at all ...I as much as I support them in real life their lack of a tall striker really makes them unsable for me .
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by typicalgamer(m): 8:55pm On Sep 16, 2018
Thegamingorca:

grin

I just don't get this hype about playing the same footie year in year out.

it's a thing of choice I don't usually play soccer games much but because of visitors and friends FIFA and PES is a must buy for me every year
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by typicalgamer(m): 8:59pm On Sep 16, 2018
iamdutch:
Leroy Sane is OP

no he is not an 82 rated player name LUZANO in PSV stomps on sane in every aspect you think I'm joking check for your self and testify

sane or sterling or martial are overrated look at scotland in exhibition mode in fifa18 you will find more op player
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by iamdutch: 9:10pm On Sep 16, 2018
The real terrorists are Manchester city
tobianthony:
Wow ...

GAMEPLAY -

So far I like it .

Might change my mind ...

Thanks .

Singing off for now: king of bruhs .
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by typicalgamer(m): 11:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
iamdutch:
The real terrorists are Manchester city

citizens are not that good as much as you hype them......take note when watching or playing FIFA tournaments no man city player makes the lineup

true fact o bro you can use them to win only a noob but against a pro you will struggle

take it from a dude who bought all FIFA and pes disk yearly since 2015
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 9:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
@typical gamer ...you on Xbox if so gimme your number ...
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by typicalgamer(m): 12:07am On Sep 18, 2018
tobianthony:
@typical gamer ...you on Xbox if so gimme your number ...

phone number or gamertag
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by Nobody: 7:13am On Sep 18, 2018
Number preferably want to ask a couple of questions about Xbox
Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by typicalgamer(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2018
tobianthony:
Number preferably want to ask a couple of questions about Xbox

Re: FIFA 19 Demo ...my First And Subsequent Impression Thread by dtruseeker(m): 2:00pm On Sep 19, 2018
anyone in Kano with the demo for PC should contact me pls. payment involve o8o37o46o54

(1) (Reply)

WARNING:- Do Not Download Pubg If You Use Tecno Or Infinix / Patch Pes 2020 Android Terbaru Efootball Pro Mobile V4.1.1 New Transfers Update / Need We9 Update 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.