Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,801 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:12 PM

FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better (18933 Views)

All New Feature That Will Be Added To Pes 2020 Mobile / How To Fix Fifa 19 Black Pitch Working 100% / FIFA 19 PC Black Pitch issue... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 13, 2018
So I'm guys I'm still feeling the vibe of my last post https://www.nairaland.com/4612811/7-video-games-villains-deserves while writing the post I realized I had a hidden talent of video game development (i.e if it's considered a talent though) , following the new talent instinct I would write another post suggesting features that could make the upcoming FIFA 19 much better.

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 9:37am On Jul 13, 2018
More Emphasis On The Atmosphere
The way fans rushed towards a goalscorer, the new chants and the more diverse range of atmospheres depending on where you played your matches all helped FIFA 18. This is something EA should look to expand upon next year, because the look and feel of each match could be even bigger.

Imagine pre-match shots of fans hurrying to their seats, placing an order at burger bars just outside the ground or vendors selling scarves on the streets. These flyover scenes wouldn't be hard to create, and they'd add so much to the immersion level of club football in FIFA. Not every supporter is in their seat moments before kick off, so it's something to think about.

It'd be hard to implement, but it'd also be cool to see fans actually leave early if the home team was having a stinker. It's unrealistic for the folks inside Loftus Road (for example) to stick around if QPR are being hammered 5-0 at half time by a Championship rival.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 9:38am On Jul 13, 2018
New Tactics Features

FIFA 18 allows for the same old on-the-fly tweaks as before. Players can decide to play keep ball, go on the counter attack, park the bus or go all out for that match-winner. It's good, but EA should look at ways they can make tactics matter more mid-match. Quick subs are only the beginning.

Being able to pull up a quick menu when the ball is out of play and alter formations, how high your defensive line sits and other variables would really help the gameplay. Currently, aside from those aforementioned presets, you can't truly switch tactics without hitting pause. If EA are serious about keeping fans in the thick of the action, they'll change that.

Nobody is expecting Football Manager's level of tactical nouse, but a few more options wouldn't go a miss. The impact of tactical change is rarely felt in FIFA, thus rendering any lofty ideas to sit back and hit on the break meaningless. Sort it out, EA.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2018
A New Commentary

As good as Martin Tyler and Alan Smith are as a commentary combo, their banter is getting a little bit dull these days. It was one thing to hear both gush over the San Siro or get sucked into the occasion by Smith revealing he's at his "first Old Firm derby" in FIFA 12, but it's another to hear that repeated in games released 6 years later.

Tyler's voice is distinctive, so he'd be more of a loss than Smith should EA plump for a new duo behind the microphones. It'd be a shame to see both go, but FIFA is in dire need of fresh commentary before it turns into the dreadful guff PES offers up. Hearing lines recycled from past games is not cool, because it makes the latest entry feel like a rerun.

At the very least, bring back the option to switch commentary teams. Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend weren't the best, and yet there was a certain joy to be had when hearing different voices for cup matches or international fixtures

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 9:39am On Jul 13, 2018
Refrees Error and VAR

Adding VAR into FIFA 19 might be a controversial decision. In real-life footy, fans are split on whether or not video assisted referee calls have helped the game or made it less spontaneous. That could be the same in FIFA, so it may be wise for EA to add in some margin for error too. Or, they could offer up both options to give something for everybody.

Officials in FIFA 18 are always right, without fail. When the linesman calls for offside, it's because a player was offside, never because they weren't paying attention or got it wrong at full speed. As annoying it would be to be screwed over from time-to-time, it would make FIFA matches feel more like real football and provide talking points afterwards. That should be encouraged.

The VAR option would eliminate wrong decisions but add drama when the footage shows that the ball wasn't actually over the line. Goals chopped off by computer precision or left to the naked eye. It'd be your choice, and it's a choice we want.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 9:40am On Jul 13, 2018
Highly Customizable Managers

This is 2018 and yet we're still picking from a few uninspiring pre-built models when starting a Career Mode in FIFA 18. EA didn't even have the sense to change these models from last year's game. That's unforgivable, and makes finding someone who looks like you in the handful of generic managers more tough than it should be.

Countless games offer up a creation suite, so FIFA shouldn't be any different. If it's possible to create players from scratch, deciding on hair, skin, build etc, then why isn't it the same for managers in 18? FIFA 19 could instantly win players over by touting a Create-A-Manager feature.

It's long overdue. It'd feel like a jump forward for the series if eager managers-to-be were also able to pick out outfits for their gaffers, wear club-branded ties or don the old sheepskin jacket and flat cap combo. Why not? Even LMA Manager 2007 had more customisation than FIFA 18 does.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 13, 2018
Detailed Players Negotiations

Play enough of FIFA 18's Career Mode and you'll begin using the square (or X on Xbox One) button a lot during agent and player negotiations. After a while, it's unnecessary to sit and read the same information over and over again. Why trawl through all that text when you know you'll have to give that next star striker a £1 million signing bonus in the end?
EA are off to a great start with these cutscenes. They've helped Career feel closer to The Journey and added more meaning to deadline day signings. There's just one problem: none of the characters are voiced. Though it'd be unrealistic to expect everyone to have a voice, it'd be a start to hear your manager speak every now and then.

If the developers can find a way to do that and maintain the same use of facial expressions depending on how well negotiations go, they might be onto a winner. If the voice thing is a step too far, then simply making the text less formulaic/generic would be a huge improvement.

cc: lalasticlala Seun Cao

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by ddddon(m): 10:07am On Jul 13, 2018
If them like they should use Buhari as a support striker for Real Madrid. I am still team PES, anyday, anytime.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
ON POINT.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by mattonnairaland: 1:11pm On Jul 13, 2018
Being a while I gamed
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by IsaAbubakar: 1:15pm On Jul 13, 2018
ddddon:
If them like they should use Buhari as a support striker for Real Madrid. I am still team PES, anyday, anytime.
game play wise give it to pes
graphics and reality wise fifa is billion miles ahead
including license to names and jerseys grin

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
cc emmdawd
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Emekus92(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
I Love PES

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by b0rn2fuck(m): 1:17pm On Jul 13, 2018
PES all the way

5 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by LazyNairalander(m): 1:18pm On Jul 13, 2018
Can I download money from there?

no no for me. check my SIGNATURE

1 Like

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Emekus92(m): 1:20pm On Jul 13, 2018
Vasaratti16:
So I'm guys I'm still feeling the vibe of my last post https://www.nairaland.com/4612811/7-video-games-villains-deserves while writing the post I realized I had a hidden talent of video game development (i.e if it's considered a talent though) , following the new talent instinct I would write another post suggesting features that could make the upcoming FIFA 19 much better.

How can I get the latest version of FIFA. I'm still using that of 2014 it's boring now
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by davidmoyes(m): 1:21pm On Jul 13, 2018
I support all additions except the VAR. it's needless to be honest.

10 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by NLbully(m): 1:22pm On Jul 13, 2018
Like for PES Share for FIFA angry

82 Likes 74 Shares

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Hakeem12(m): 1:24pm On Jul 13, 2018
Nice one op
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by TheBulusNotes(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Actually you are wrong

PES has both gameplay and graphics

The only thing FIFA has is licenses

But PES support modding in fact there is a PES modding community

https://www.pes-patch.com

Thank me later

IsaAbubakar:

3 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Jaytecq(m): 1:25pm On Jul 13, 2018
Team Winning Eleven cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by ItzBIM(m): 1:26pm On Jul 13, 2018
The day I played fifa 10 in 2010 I was very determined never to play pes again.

19 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Sirpaul(m): 1:27pm On Jul 13, 2018
Drumming and Singing
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by TheBulusNotes(m): 1:31pm On Jul 13, 2018
PES support modding

FIFA gameplay is always wack especially their AI/COM

2 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 13, 2018
I hate fifa celebrations, only one player amongst your teammates can touch the goal scorer.
If you know, you know.

Certified FifaGodHand.
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jul 13, 2018
IsaAbubakar:

so wrong.

I'm a fifa fan cos I think pes is too easy, they add assists to everything.

Fifa, you have to do it yourself.

As for graphics and reality. PES is top notch.
Game play and club licensing belongs to Fifa .

4 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by AkpaMgbor(m): 1:46pm On Jul 13, 2018
Rayhandrinni:
so wrong.

I'm a fifa fan cos I think pes is too easy, they add assists to everything.

Fifa, you have to do it yourself.

As for graphics and reality. PES is top notch.
Game play and club licensing belongs to Fifa .
Graphics is debatable but reality? Nah...fifa beats pes handily.

5 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2018
FIFA is like C programming languages, while PES is like Visual Basic, Python etc. Only programmers will understand this

4 Likes

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Nobody: 1:48pm On Jul 13, 2018
AkpaMgbor:

Graphics is debatable but reality? Nah...fifa beats pes handily.
reality belongs to pes my guy

I've been playing fifa all my life, do you know when you score in fifa, only one player from your team can touch the goalscorer? The other players keep a distance.

Pes! Is way different.
I'm a fifa fan P.S
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by Fernandowski(m): 1:49pm On Jul 13, 2018
Apart from team licence and others, its pes all the way

1 Like

Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by dimexy247(m): 2:02pm On Jul 13, 2018
Team PES grin
Re: FIFA 19: Six Features That Should Be Added To Make The Game Better by JJCE(m): 2:09pm On Jul 13, 2018
Vasaratti16:

i have sent you p.m, how can I download fifa 2018 on my phone, note 3 precisely...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PUBG Lite Mobile / 10 Most Difficult Video Games In Existence / How Do You Get An Xbox Controller To Work On PC COD4 (modern Warfare)?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.