Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,047 members, 7,852,567 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:26 PM

Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) (30095 Views)

Lovers Pretend To Be Abducted In Akwa Ibom, Seek N4 Million From Family / Pant Robbery In DELSU: Ladies Forced To Remove Panties At Gunpoint / Russian Parents Pretend To Be Dead To Trick Son Who Planned To Assassinate Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by pinkApril: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2018
thank God the driver is safe
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Proffdada: 7:46am On Sep 15, 2018
angry
Just like the jumia delivery guy that was murdered. If only we had a good organized system and database, things like that these will be of.the.past.
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Mblem(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2018
isn't it the same picture we saw yesterday that the driver was killed?

Fake news everywhere.. I don tired abeg
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by coluka: 7:48am On Sep 15, 2018
Lomprico2:
I tot uber vehicles have trackers??
They asked him to disable it
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Kira290(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2018
[b]I need
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Offpoint: 7:49am On Sep 15, 2018
Lomprico2:
you no read the part he said they asked him to disable it?
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Galaticos444: 7:51am On Sep 15, 2018
Dis can only happens in an afonja land
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by MurphyG1(m): 7:53am On Sep 15, 2018
Before starting an Uber business, please install a user friendly car tracker in your vehicle. Its just 30k. Maybe cheaper in Lagos. If anything like this happens
1. You can track your vehicle location and recover it.
2. You can shut down the vehicle remotely using ANY mobile phone.
3. You have a high chance of catching the perpetrators.

Thank God the driver is still alive.
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 15, 2018
adecz:
Is this not the same story posted yesterday,
with same pictures, claiming the driver
was killed?

Beware of fake news.

That was the first thing that came to my mind.
Pls people should verify stories before posting.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by QuickStandard: 8:00am On Sep 15, 2018
Hmmm, thank God for CCTV Tech.

And thank God he wasn't murdered.

"Wicked souls"

Trying to get cheap wealth, and be posing on Instagram and tweeter. With captions like "Oluwa is involved", "small boy, big God" "Na them dey rush us".

I pray they nab them ASAP

3 Likes

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by farem: 8:04am On Sep 15, 2018
adecz:
Is this not the same story posted yesterday, with same pictures, claiming the driver was killed?
Beware of fake news.
You captured what's in my mind!

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Nobody: 8:13am On Sep 15, 2018
Na God just dey save person every day, whether with Uber, or Danfo, or Kabu Kabu... or even your own personal car.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by bellville: 8:14am On Sep 15, 2018
Uber drivers may stop picking passengers at odd hours because of this.
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Mitchsin(f): 8:16am On Sep 15, 2018
delzbaba:
Thank God he wasn't killed.
Honestly o,it would been a different story all together now
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 8:18am On Sep 15, 2018
Risks associated with uber profession....... Uber drivers must install tracking devices on their vehicles....

Even if the driver loses his life, the thieves would easily be apprehended.........
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 15, 2018
QuickStandard:
Hmmm, thank God for CCTV Tech.

And thank God he wasn't murdered.

"Wicked souls"

Trying to get cheap wealth, and be posing on Instagram and tweeter. With captions like "Oluwa is involved", "small boy, big God" "Na them dey rush us".

I pray they nab them ASAP

Thanks for making me laugh this morning. I really hope the security agencies are able to track the robbers.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Slim101(m): 8:29am On Sep 15, 2018
PrettyGist:
Kai this guys are their

Watch the video >>> HERE

Na wa o

You're a fraud and a criminal yourself. I actually longed to watch the video but why direct us to your stupid blog to watch a video you never had?

2 Likes

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by ceejay80s(m): 8:32am On Sep 15, 2018
to own a Toyota corolla now for naija na problem, remember those days wey be peogout 505 time,
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Psoul(m): 8:37am On Sep 15, 2018
Lomprico2:

Did u read the post at all?
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Mitchsin(f): 8:40am On Sep 15, 2018
nifemi25:
But newspaper confirmed it that the driver was killed. Well thank God he is alive. Nigeria police that doesn't know the control room number. What a pity
Serious pity
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by ednut1(m): 8:45am On Sep 15, 2018
priceactionx:

Imagine how long the news had gone from here but if we talk they will be feeling like god that can't be touched.
You see what nairaland has turned to. When I was ranting that such things never happened and majority of other sites claimed thehe was only robbed and the car was stolen, I was blaming the mods that brought such news out without verification, I was banned for a month because I should have consulted them privately as a god of nairaland. These our so called lord of nairaland doesn't verify news but anything ,they just push it , for the reason best known to them. But it was not like this when nairaland started. Now, They thought everything ends here and feeling like dons.
Then, News were critically verified and no single Google blogs without another real source allowed to make the front page. But here we are, let them continue. As for me, I have heard it all and am done with them while I will only respond to only matter that concerns me directly or helpful to me. Let them run their site as they like, but everything has his or her own consequences.
complain and they ban u. There is one affliate marketing post dey always push to FP. It was obvious money had changed hands. Was banned cos i spoke out nonsense

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:49am On Sep 15, 2018
That gun must have been fake. There is no way someone brandishing a gun will physically chase after someone instead of threatening to use the gun
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:51am On Sep 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:
Risks associated with uber profession....... Uber drivers must install tracking devices on their vehicles....

Even if the driver loses his life, the thieves would easily be apprehended.........

Since when do they pay with cash instead of PayPal? Is that a Nigerian thing?
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 8:53am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:

Since when do they pay with cash instead of PayPal? Is that a Nigerian thing?

Payment by cash, is the most popular means in our so- called cashless society.....

Google pay is not popular, PayPal is like have a lifefull president, Nigerian's have trust issues with their debit card details etc etc etc
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 8:56am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:
That gun must have been fake. There is no way someone brandishing a gun will physically chase after someone instead of threatening to use the gun

In that moment of panic, your brain would miscalculating..... All your brain is thinking, fight, flight or die....

You are speaking in hindsight.......

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Payment by cash, is the most popular means in our so- called cashless society.....

Google pay is not popular, PayPal is like have a lifefull president, Nigerian's have trust issues with their debit card details etc etc etc

Nigeria is not a cashless society lol
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Mankosi: 8:57am On Sep 15, 2018
Hmm why do some bloggers lie like this. I saw this same picture some days back and the headline was totally different. It says the uber driver went to withdraw money and was shot by armed robbers that robbed him at the atm.
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 8:59am On Sep 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

In that moment of panic, your brain would miscalculating..... All your brain is thinking, fight, flight or die....

You are speaking in hindsight.......

I am talking about the guy wielding the gun. Why is he chasing someone instead of threatening to use the gun? Unless its fake, he doesn't need to chase, he can just use the gun to stop him
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 9:00am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:

Nigeria is not a cashless society lol

We had the cashless mantra blown at us...... Believe we are cashless, you might as well believe INEC would be completely free and fair, and declare the true results come 2019.......
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 9:01am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:

I am talking about the guy wielding the gun. Why is he chasing someone instead of threatening to use the gun? Unless its fake, he doesn't need to chase, he can just use the gun to stop him

Me personally, would prefer someone chase me with a gun, than pointing and killing aka cat fish stylee.....

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

Me personally, would prefer someone chase me with a gun, than pointing and killing aka cat fish stylee.....

He doesn't have to shoot to kill, he can just his legs or even into the air to frighten him...
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 9:10am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:

He doesn't have to shoot to kill, he can just his legs or even into the air to frighten him...

grin cheesy grin

I would rather him not shoot at all, in the air or my leg.... Let's keep running around like Tom & Jerry... He aims at the legs, and hits the heart or head (you are forgetting they got their ballistics training from Xbox and PS4)..........

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Nigerian Drug Dealer Arrested In South Africa (Photo) / Herdsmen Attacks Sweep Through South-West / SSS Questions Sowore For "Links To Boko Haram, Shiite Movement, IPOB"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.