Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,925 members, 7,852,115 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:51 PM

Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) (30091 Views)

Lovers Pretend To Be Abducted In Akwa Ibom, Seek N4 Million From Family / Pant Robbery In DELSU: Ladies Forced To Remove Panties At Gunpoint / Russian Parents Pretend To Be Dead To Trick Son Who Planned To Assassinate Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Badonasty(m): 9:13am On Sep 15, 2018
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by EazyMoh(m): 9:16am On Sep 15, 2018
Bloggers will kill you give times before your time. And look at even Nairaland posting the same story without even apologizing for the wrong info they shared few days ago. They just shamelessly posted it here as if nothing is wrong in sharing a bad news.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 9:22am On Sep 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

grin cheesy grin

I would rather him not shoot at all, in the air or my leg.... Let's keep running around like Tom & Jerry... He aims at the legs, and hits the heart or head (you are forgetting they got their ballistics training from Xbox and PS4)..........

This is why I'm saying the gun is fake or has no bullets.

Whats the point of brandishing a gun when you can't use it to immobilise ur opponent physically or through fear? The victim was lucky to have gotten away with running from an armed person. He could easily have been shot.

the driver called his bluff
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 15, 2018
ednut1:
complain and they ban u. There is one affliate marketing post dey always push to FP. It was obvious money had changed hands. Was banned cos i spoke out nonsense
Bro, is better to watch them from afar now, let them run it the way they like, but the day the the authority will swap on them for peddling and promoting false news, they will remember we told them. They thought everyone is a kid here , my first moniker here was registered around August, 2006 , when this site has less than 7k members, just because I couldn't access it for a while I left the moniker. We are here just because of small info we get here, we are hooked. Even I could remember your moniker vividly as old member, but they thought if we complain, we are going against their useless rules that is very selective. It won't be far from the thruth if many of them own those blogs you talked about.
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 9:29am On Sep 15, 2018
Lexusgs430:

We had the cashless mantra blown at us...... Believe we are cashless, you might as well believe INEC would be completely free and fair, and declare the true results come 2019.......

But it's a good thing, unlike the west where ppl get loans, credit cards, mortgages to pay for goods.

Ppl in Nigeria are accustomed to buying their goods outright sometimes in cash. This is how you identify ppl with true wealth..
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 9:41am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:

But it's a good thing, unlike the west where ppl get loans, credit cards, mortgages to pay for goods.

Ppl in Nigeria are accustomed to buying their goods outright sometimes in cash. This is how you identify ppl with true wealth..

True wealth or ill gotten wealth? Big difference....
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Lexusgs430: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:

This is why I'm saying the gun is fake or has no bullets.

Whats the point of brandishing a gun when you can't use it to immobilise ur opponent physically or through fear? The victim was lucky to have gotten away with running from an armed person. He could easily have been shot.

the driver called his bluff

You seem to have wanted shoots fired...... I rather brandishing than firing.....

Don't worry, I would setup a rig and we can play cowboys & thieves.........
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by uvie66: 9:48am On Sep 15, 2018
What is wrong with this uber drivers? If you must work in the night why not exercise caution when picking up your passengers. Naturally you can easily be overpowered by three abled bodied men compared to a single girl. At that time of the night only pick up young girls on their nocturnal runs. It is just common sense. I say this, because I do the same business in London, and picking up three men at 3am in morning is a definite no no. This is a town where insecurity is ten times less compared to Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Nobody: 9:59am On Sep 15, 2018
grin

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Chinny024(f): 10:02am On Sep 15, 2018
This one that looks like inside room is outside ATM.. shocked shocked..
For me, any ATM that's like room and parlour is a no no no.... wink
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 15, 2018
uber drivers need to know about close quarter self defence. the assailant was close enough to be disarmed.

sometimes the best thing to do is fight for your life.
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Laurence1: 11:05am On Sep 15, 2018
I'm just asking o.

But look at the pictures well.. the gatre behind was shut, interlocking stones and a very narrow spot. Which atm/bank has this building??

Notice how they did not mention the name of the bank or the location of the atm used.

I'm just saying
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by zeanslim(m): 11:13am On Sep 15, 2018
1Sharon:

the armed robbery took place close to an ATM /most likely bank premise with security or patrol team.

shooting would had alerted close by security, ...this also explain why they had to drop driver at another isolated location.

1 Like

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by lesimu: 11:21am On Sep 15, 2018
djjosh:
God purnish them there!

Payment Made Easy: Get Payment Via Credit/Debit Cards Integration On Your Website

Online payment can be used by almost any business, ranging from e-commerce websites to course organizers wanting to get attendees pay for the course fee online, or even charity organizations to get donations online

Why don't you contact us now and turn your website into a Shopping destination?

CONTACT US TO GET STARTED NOW!

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 12:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
zeanslim:

the armed robbery took place close to an ATM /most likely bank premise with security or patrol team.

shooting would had alerted close by security, ...this also explain why they had to drop driver at another isolated location.

Hmm ok, that makes sense
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by Bigsteveg(m): 1:22pm On Sep 15, 2018
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
all jobs are risk. so no any security officer at d ATM or bank surrounding abi. can u imaging?
It happened between 3am & 4am. You don't expect a security man to be manning ATM at that time of the night.
Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by nwo27: 2:35pm On Sep 15, 2018
BOOM. BOOM. BOOM..ARE YOU TIRED OF LOSING OF GAME..CONNECT US TO TODAY AND CLEAR YOUR DOUBT AND BECOME A WINNER..
100 PERCENT SURE ODD GIVING OUT .
CALL OR WHATSAPP

Re: Passengers Pretend To Pay Lagos Uber Driver, Snatch Car At Gunpoint (Photos) by ewizard1: 11:54am On Sep 16, 2018
The ATM look exactly like the corner ATM at GTB Ojuelegba.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ABSU Cult Killing Was Planned In MOUAU / Ghanaian Man Accused Of Turning A Lady Into A Snake (Video) / Man Beats Wife To Death Over N200 Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.