Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,990 members, 7,814,375 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

There Were Rappers By Adewale GP - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / There Were Rappers By Adewale GP (7052 Views)

Throwback Music: Ijo Fuji By Adewale Ayuba / Link To Bubble By Adewale Ayuba On Youtube / Link To Bubble By Adewale Ayuba On Youtube (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by bilms(m): 7:58am On Sep 17, 2018
THERE WERE RAPPERS
https://mrrightsng..com/2018/09/there-were-rappers-by-adewale-gp.html?m=1

(An Article Strictly for Intending Rappers)

Though it's a bit lengthy but endeavour to read on...

Many rappers have come, many rappers have gone.

Some of them were felt, while some never made any impact, some flashed up momentarily, fell, struggled and never made it to the path again. Some even fell from the top and to the point of never been mentioned again.

Some came up materially with a lavish glamourizing lifestyle (talk about the bling-bling, tattoos, cash, women, drugs, cars, expensive videos etc.), but their contents never stood the test of time.

Some were tight lyrically but weren’t appealing and as a result were underrated, some were wack skillfully but were accepted and celebrated, some were not talentedly fit, but grace kept them going.

Some misused the opportunity they had, and ultimately failed to blow. Some were hungry and promising but ended up miserably.

Some lost it for ignorantly glorifying diverse and unknown images, symbols, gods etc., with the use of taboo words, sign languages, postures and the rest, that they (themselves) don’t even understand or know about. Some sold their souls in exchange for fortune and fame.

Some failed because of the stage-names and monikers they gave themselves e.g. “Old Dirty Bastard, “Poor Righteous Teachers” etc.

Some were fooled, deceived and adulterated by the industry standards, and were somehow misled, some fell out because they broke the oaths and agreements of the deals with their record labels, managers, promoters and sponsors.

Some because of ego trip and status, lacked self-control, beefed and dissed the Hip hop heads, and their career ended up.

Some due to minor success, run their mouths during interviews, failed to realize that Hip hop is way bigger than just rap, then went ahead competing… and consequently crumpled down their own artistry by themselves.

Some messed up because of lack of managerial skills, plus marketing plans and strategies. They weren’t business-oriented. (Talent is not enough!).

Some especially (the wanna-be, who aint gonna-be) couldn’t and wouldn’t make it, because they so wished, copied, imitated, mimicked and faked to be that other rapper they idolized and were obsessed with. (they see them no more as role-models but hoping to be exactly like them, to me, that’s failure, because those who compete and compare themselves to others are never complete).

Some blame it on lack of funds (capital), sponsors and failed to do any other job (Plan A) except rap. (You go hear am!).

Some don’t even understand the rap game, they don’t study its basics and rudiments, they have no role-models, influences nor mentors, they don’t know the purpose why… but just jumped into it simply coz they feel they could rhyme, impress and entertain. (Go and ask; SKY B)

But we have some few who stood their grounds because they knew and understood early enough that they had a calling for the game..., though they were faced with the challenges of life, they were tossed…, but they pushed…, despite their poor backgrounds, they elevated themselves (well rounded), they believed in themselves as well as their crafts and used it as a medium that speak volume for an outcry and liberation of the masses.

They re-wrote histories, broke fallow grounds, put their all into their arts, and unknowingly became legends while been consistent. They never allowed personal circumstances, obstacles, rejections, disappointments, scandals, trials, charges, jail times etc. to stop them.

They put their marks down even in places their feet never touched, their songs motivated the planet, their lyrics left marks on peoples’ minds, their flows left stretch marks on stages, they educated the younger ones, though some of them were short-lived, but they made it from nothing to something, from ashes to classic, from being local to going global, they eventually became a household name.

And such is this gem who lived just 25-years on this terrestrial plane. None other than…

TUPAC AMARU SHAKUR (1971 – 1996)

Some of us now may not really have grown up then during his prime, but for those of us who knew…, “truly, a book is not enough to tell who Tupac was…”, and at least, there is one of his songs you’ve ever loved or bobbed your head to.

Though some see him (Tupac) as a Thug, Rapper, Artist, Black Jesus, Prophet, Poet, Misogynist, Lyricist, Mentor, Traitor, Rapist etc. But I see him as a Human, a Voice, a Rose that grew on a Concrete! Tupac, though he believed in God, I’d wished he knew Christ before he was killed.

One of his favourite quotes was: “Though I may not change the world, but I guarantee I can spark the brain that will change the world”.

R – I – P! To a Great Rap Music Legend who died on this day, (September 13th, 1996), exactly 22 years ago. (Only God Can Judge You – The Don Makavelli)

- By ADEWALE G.P

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by YomzzyDBlogger: 9:37am On Sep 17, 2018
cool
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Proffdada: 9:38am On Sep 17, 2018
Junior and pretty smiley
Meanwhile Tupac has been spotted various places. That nigger ain't dead

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 17, 2018
sad
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by BigGuyMan01: 9:41am On Sep 17, 2018
Buhari is a mad dog with no iota of wisdom and a certified slowpoke

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Lilymax(f): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2018
Ghetto Gospel is my best rap song of all time.
The message behind that song is so strong.
RIP Tupac cry

10 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Lilymax(f): 9:44am On Sep 17, 2018
BigGuyMan01:
Buhari is a mad dog with no iota of wisdom and a certified slowpoke
Weytin carry Buhari come this thread now? undecided
Na him kill Tupac

10 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by drdaniels: 9:44am On Sep 17, 2018
No comment and it's already on front page
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Obudupikin: 9:44am On Sep 17, 2018
Do for Love

2 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 9:45am On Sep 17, 2018
Y'all should go listen to Eminems Kamikaze album and "killshot".

Rap is Back! wink

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by TOBIWHITE(m): 9:45am On Sep 17, 2018
RIP to a legend! Nice one op

2 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by MufasaRebirth: 9:49am On Sep 17, 2018
Lilymax:
Ghetto Gospel is my best rap song of all time.
The message behind that song is so strong.
RIP Tupac cry
Yeah....Elton john Did justice to the chorus

No doubt the song is Evergreen.

9 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by intruxive(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2018
angry
Yep rap is dead!
The day I heard some stupid southern rap, I knew the end has come cry

3 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by paragon40(m): 9:59am On Sep 17, 2018
bilms:
THERE WERE RAPPERS
https://mrrightsng..com/2018/09/there-were-rappers-by-adewale-gp.html?m=1

(An Article Strictly for Intending Rappers)

Though it's a bit lengthy but endeavour to read on...

Many rappers have come, many rappers have gone.

Some of them were felt, while some never made any impact, some flashed up momentarily, fell, struggled and never made it to the path again. Some even fell from the top and to the point of never been mentioned again.

Some came up materially with a lavish glamourizing lifestyle (talk about the bling-bling, tattoos, cash, women, drugs, cars, expensive videos etc.), but their contents never stood the test of time.

Some were tight lyrically but weren’t appealing and as a result were underrated, some were wack skillfully but were accepted and celebrated, some were not talentedly fit, but grace kept them going.

Some misused the opportunity they had, and ultimately failed to blow. Some were hungry and promising but ended up miserably.

[s]Some lost it for ignorantly glorifying diverse and unknown images, symbols, gods etc., with the use of taboo words, sign languages, postures and the rest, that they (themselves) don’t even understand or know about. Some sold their souls in exchange for fortune and fame.[/s]

Some failed because of the stage-names and monikers they gave themselves e.g. “Old Dirty Bastard, “Poor Righteous Teachers” etc.

Some were fooled, deceived and adulterated by the industry standards, and were somehow misled, some fell out because they broke the oaths and agreements of the deals with their record labels, managers, promoters and sponsors.

Some because of ego trip and status, lacked self-control, beefed and dissed the Hip hop heads, and their career ended up.

Some due to minor success, run their mouths during interviews, failed to realize that Hip hop is way bigger than just rap, then went ahead competing… and consequently crumpled down their own artistry by themselves.

Some messed up because of lack of managerial skills, plus marketing plans and strategies. They weren’t business-oriented. (Talent is not enough!).

Some especially (the wanna-be, who aint gonna-be) couldn’t and wouldn’t make it, because they so wished, copied, imitated, mimicked and faked to be that other rapper they idolized and were obsessed with. (they see them no more as role-models but hoping to be exactly like them, to me, that’s failure, because those who compete and compare themselves to others are never complete).

Some blame it on lack of funds (capital), sponsors and failed to do any other job (Plan A) except rap. (You go hear am!).

Some don’t even understand the rap game, they don’t study its basics and rudiments, they have no role-models, influences nor mentors, they don’t know the purpose why… but just jumped into it simply coz they feel they could rhyme, impress and entertain. (Go and ask; SKY B)

But we have some few who stood their grounds because they knew and understood early enough that they had a calling for the game..., though they were faced with the challenges of life, they were tossed…, but they pushed…, despite their poor backgrounds, they elevated themselves (well rounded), they believed in themselves as well as their crafts and used it as a medium that speak volume for an outcry and liberation of the masses.

They re-wrote histories, broke fallow grounds, put their all into their arts, and unknowingly became legends while been consistent. They never allowed personal circumstances, obstacles, rejections, disappointments, scandals, trials, charges, jail times etc. to stop them.

They put their marks down even in places their feet never touched, their songs motivated the planet, their lyrics left marks on peoples’ minds, their flows left stretch marks on stages, they educated the younger ones, though some of them were short-lived, but they made it from nothing to something, from ashes to classic, from being local to going global, they eventually became a household name.

And such is this gem who lived just 25-years on this terrestrial plane. None other than…

TUPAC AMARU SHAKUR (1971 – 1996)

Some of us now may not really have grown up then during his prime, but for those of us who knew…, “truly, a book is not enough to tell who Tupac was…”, and at least, there is one of his songs you’ve ever loved or bobbed your head to.

Though some see him (Tupac) as a Thug, Rapper, Artist, Black Jesus, Prophet, Poet, Misogynist, Lyricist, Mentor, Traitor, Rapist etc. But I see him as a Human, a Voice, a Rose that grew on a Concrete! Tupac, though he believed in God, I’d wished he knew Christ before he was killed.

One of his favourite quotes was: “Though I may not change the world, but I guarantee I can spark the brain that will change the world”.

R – I – P! To a Great Rap Music Legend who died on this day, (September 13th, 1996), exactly 22 years ago. (Only God Can Judge You – The Don Makavelli)

- By ADEWALE G.P
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by opalk(m): 10:02am On Sep 17, 2018
Tupac is a Legend

4 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by FitnessAndGoodL: 10:04am On Sep 17, 2018
cool
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by mysteriousman(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2018
For us cool guys we loved Notorious BIG more

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Ojuororun(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2018
LORD KNOWS
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by nepapole(m): 10:14am On Sep 17, 2018
END OF TIME ft RL of NEXT.... i too gbadun that jam.
Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Danicomrade(m): 10:15am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:
Y'all should go listen to Eminems Kamikaze album and "killshot".

Rap is Back! wink

Yo bro MGK Rapdevil is still better than killshot

2 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by stevedre: 10:15am On Sep 17, 2018
Changes is my all time best track. Think it's a reflection of current Nigeria.
I see no changes, when are we going to see an Igbo or Calabar president in Nigeria?
When are we going to have 24 hours power and good roads in Nigeria?

That's just the way it is I guess.

5 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 10:18am On Sep 17, 2018
Danicomrade:

Yo bro MGK Rapdevil is still better than killshot

Probably because most of em's punches flew past your head...lol.

10 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by henrixx(m): 10:21am On Sep 17, 2018
mysteriousman:
For us cool guys we loved Notorious BIG more
fuckkk biggy

2 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by Danicomrade(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2018
naijapips04:

Probably because most of em's punches flew past your head...lol.

Naaa ... Bt even the first diss "not alike" Was lame
MGK made me know of the kamikaze album
The album is wack i wonder y he's just diss other rappers :-/

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by swagga: 10:23am On Sep 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by masterfactor(m): 10:25am On Sep 17, 2018
For we bad boys we love Tupac. In Tupac voice- call the cops when hear Tupac, you claim to be a player but I fu..ck your wife.#Epic

3 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by N0favors: 10:27am On Sep 17, 2018
Where do we put the VicOs and the Speeddarlingtons?

One of my favourite Tupac’s quotes

”The poor people gonna open up this whole world and swallow up the rich people. Cause the rich people gonna be so fat, they gonna be so appetising, wealthy. The poor gonna be so poor and hungry,… there might be some cannibalism. They might eat the rich”

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by NiggasInParis: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2018
Wait o. Is it only me? I was thinking the OP was talking about our dying state of Nigerian Hiphop and wanted to chronicle events as they happened since 2000 till 2012(the last year rap struggle to survive in the industry and fell off)

Well, Tupac, sure a rap Legend- But who the best PAC NAS & BIGGIE?

Aint no best!

2 Likes

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by philfearon(m): 10:29am On Sep 17, 2018
Mediocre write up...
What's with the Tupac ending... Why not just write a Eulogy for him if you are missing him!!!

1 Like

Re: There Were Rappers By Adewale GP by naijapips04: 10:30am On Sep 17, 2018
Danicomrade:

Naaa ... Bt even the first diss "not alike" Was lame
MGK made me know of the kamikaze album
The album is wack i wonder y he's just diss other rappers :-/

you probably don't know rap...lol.

Go and listen to your lil pumps and the rest of your mumble rappers.

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

VIDEO: Timaya - Sili-kon / House Music In Nigeria? / Who Stole The Meat From The Cooking Pot? (hiliarous Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.