Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,674 members, 7,816,764 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal (14343 Views)

Chioma Ifemeludike: Apostle Suleman Addresses Congregation On Sex Scandal (Video / Pastor David Apologizes To Apostle Suleman Over Sex Scandal / Ese Walter Of COZA Sex Scandal Separates From Husband (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by nghubs1(m): 9:30am On Sep 17, 2018
Pope Francis has expelled Reverend Cristian Precht Bañados of Chile, according to a statement from the Archdiocese of Santiago.

This is the first formal resignation the Pope has decreed since every bishop in Chile offered to step down in May over the country’s sex abuse scandal. The move is thought to be unprecedented in the modern history of the Catholic Church.

Precht had been suspended in 2012 from practicing within the ministry for five years after the Archbishop of Santiago ordered a criminal investigation into allegations of sexual abuse against him.

The Archbishop issued a statement at the time saying that “during the process were established verifiable reports of abusive behavior with adults and minors.”

Precht has not been charged with any crimes by Chilean authorities, but was not allowed to leave the country’s capital, Santiago, pending completion of the church investigation.

In a February 2013 statement, Precht denied “ever forcing anyone’s will, be it an adult or a minor, woman or man.”

He also denied the allegations earlier this year in a letter to the director of the Chilean newspaper La Tercera.

“I absolutely deny participating, in any way, in the acts which I’m slanderously being accused of,” the newspaper quoted him as saying. “I will defend my personal and clerical honor in every way I can and any time it’s violated.”

Precht was extremely popular in Chile and known for being a fierce defender of human rights during the Chilean dictatorship.

His defrocking comes as the Catholic Church continues to face criticism over its response to myriad allegations of sexual abuse against Catholic clergy over the years.

Pope Francis said last month that “no effort to beg pardon and seek to repair the harm done will ever be sufficient.” He has called for a meeting of the church’s top officials in February to address the scandal.

http://nghubs.com.ng/2018/09/17/pope-francis-expels-chilean-priest-over-sex-scandal/

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Aleshinloyej(m): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
Good for him... i dedicate this FTC to all good people of Nairaland.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Sharpshooota: 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
Start expelling the bad eggs

It's not by force to be a priest

20 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Mizwisdom(f): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
smiley It seems I will change to Catholic church, they are very disciplined and focused

Need books?
contact me via orderbooksng@gmail.com

24 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by spongeisback: 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
Why did he touch an anointed? Why didn't he let God judge? Priests are human beings too. What if he was seduced? The girl was sent by the devil to bring the man of God down.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by pepemendy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
take this people serious at your on peril, homosexuality started by these clowns, religion is a scam!

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Nobody: 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
But He Failed 2 Address The Allegagation Of Archbishop Carlo Maria Vigano.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by roladex(f): 12:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ok
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by damola1: 12:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
Go and watch the movie

The spotlight... it won a Golden globe

You will eventually realize we are all human beings and religion na just package

Even priest in Lagos Nigeria was found to abuse kids.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Nobody: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
Good. About time he takes action.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by MartinCorridon: 12:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
Options for sexual release :

1. Fvck a woman

2. Wan.k.

3. Find a sex doll

4. Less desirable....find an adult man willing to fvck you.

Many options yet you come dey prey on little kids

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by hardeyinkah45(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Good

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Imperare(f): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
ok
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by KenModi(m): 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
The Catholic church has been covering up sexual abuses committed by its priests for decades, possibly centuries; Bishops, Cardinals and even Popes (especially John Paul II and Benedict XVI) hear about such abuses; instead of dealing with the offenders, they chose to cover it up to preserve the “integrity” of the Church while the victims suffer irreparable sexual, physical and psychological damages. It doesn't stop there, some even have affairs with reverend sisters and female church members, with some even having children while being Reverend Fathers.

Some years back in Benin City, a catholic priest was beaten up by the husband of a woman he was having an affair with and was hospitalized. When the news got to the Archbishop, he quickly arranged for the priest to be flown abroad under the pretence of sending him for further studies and according to the rule of the Catholic church, a priest is only eligible for studies abroad after five years of priesthood but this particular priest had only spent two years.

This was just one case of cover up of sexual misconduct by priests; a lot abound in Nigeria of which the church authorities choose to turn a blind eye.

To all Catholic priests: It is not by force to serve God in that particular way; you can also serve God as a married man. If you can’t be celibate, please honorably resign. I have seen happily married ex-priests with children doing fantastic in the society; some are lecturers, some even own chains of businesses, just to mention a few.

But as for you who choose to remain in the holy order and continue to disturb people’s wives and girlfriends, choir and legion of Mary members; who molest young ones (both boys and girls) whom you ought to guide spiritually, your day of reckoning is coming.

The wave of accusations of sexual abuse against the Catholic church is sweeping across the world; it wld soon get to Africa; all them so called Bishops, Archbishops and Cardinals who have been covering up sexual abuses as well as the priests whose crimes have been covered up wld soon be exposed.

Don’t be surprised Pope Francis visits Nigeria soon to apologise to victims of sexual abuse by Catholic priests.

spongeisback:
Why did he touch an anointed? Why didn't he let God judge? Priests are human beings too. What if he was seduced? The girl was sent by the devil to bring the man of God down.

Your sarcasm carried the day. grin

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by BruncleZuma: 12:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by semyman: 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
Not in Africa, the morons here will defend them even if Jesus is standing right there

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Horus(m): 12:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
The Pope should expels all pastors over sex scandals
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by koladebrainiac(m): 12:14pm On Sep 17, 2018
h
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by HolyClement001(m): 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
good
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by semyman: 12:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
These are fringe benefits for Pentecostal pastors here in Africa and the gullibles have come to align with that fact even with members wives
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by gladisa7: 12:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
I am catholic. I have been a catholic all my life.. LET THIS REVEREND FATHERS GO AND MARRY OOOOH! Allow them to marry. Law is made for man. Simple.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by rossyc(f): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
gladisa7:
I am catholic. I have been a catholic all my life.. LET THIS REVEREND FATHERS GO AND MARRY OOOOH! Allow them to marry. Law is made for man. Simple.
The last time I checked noone is coerced into priesthood, if they can't keep to the vows then they have no business going into priesthood in the first place. We should all learn to tell ourselves the truth.

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by osazeeblue01: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nice one. Those Catholics clergy men using money to deceive women out there should know that one day they will be paying for it like this.
Re: Pope Francis Expels Cristian Precht, Bañados Of Chile, Over Sex Scandal by Shaev7(m): 12:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
Of course devil may try, but the Church is on its solid rock foundation. Jesus faced temptations and trials, so the church is currently undergoing. God is in control.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Question: Did God Fulfil His Covenant With King Ahaz? (Virgin Birth) / Woman Sues Faith Academy Over Child's Death / Dr. Paul Enenche Visits Benue Mass Burial Site, Donates Relief Materials To Idps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.