Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,094 members, 7,835,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:29 PM

Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World (19958 Views)

Lagos Ranked 5th In Africa For Living And Working: Is This The Reality? / Nigerians Ranked 8th Most Hardworking Foreigners In The United State. / Lagos Ranked As The Second Cheapest City In The World For Expatriates (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by resurgent2019: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
Angelb4:
Not true. I can't be staying in a room and palour in Magodo for 1.6m and you say another place is more expensive. Lagos should be number 1.

Do you really pay 1.6 for a room and parlour in magodo? If so, why?

2 Likes

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Amberon: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
Abuja is much more expensive than Lagos.
Ategberoson:
thought Abuja was than Lagos. or this abuja is expensive bla bla is just a fiction
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 17, 2018
Overrated State cool
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by profmallor: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
where is Monrovia on that list, they spend USD for a lot of day to day transactions and things are expensive.

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Tonyspecial(m): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
No be lie
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Amberon: 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
Should be but it is not. Most of the people who carry out these stats haven't been to these places. When it comes to rent or accommodation, Abuja is the most expensive.
Angelb4:
Not true. I can't be staying in a room and palour in Magodo for 1.6m and you say another place is more expensive. Lagos should be number 1.

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by eodavids(m): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
hisexcellency34:
The work done by Ambode is not commensurate with the huge revenue the state is generating. Look at the poor state of roads

The picture above is an old one. Not current Lagos
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Hardeybohwarley(m): 3:50pm On Sep 17, 2018
Hi Tiffany07. So much to say but like secrecy. So cause of the new friend you too are now prouding. It's alright Igara Chicken.
Lemme him Sha join queue ni, cause we that we've been following you before he comes we are people also.
About your posting sorry, Allah know best, you might even get to like it. Beside night there with the thought of He Who Must Not Be Named, will be like Arabian Night.
Have fun wink wink cheesy cheesy :
Ignore the Emoji.
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Barnext(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
If I Can Survive In Any Part Of 9ja, I Can Survive Anywhere In D World! 9ja Rockz!!
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Bizibi(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
Isaacpyo04:
Abuja nko, place is freaking expensive!
Not talking about the satellite towns and Boroughs, but those expensive area in the city.
accomodation yes but the rest is okay......
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by sizzlers(m): 3:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
No Bleep to offer

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by backspaced(f): 3:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
Looking for Fresh Chartered Accountants/HND Accounts Graduates for our client, a well-established business conglomerate headquartered in Sango-Ota.

Qualification & Experience:
• Recently qualified or about to qualify Chartered Accountant/HND Accounts Graduate with maximum 0-1year experience.
• The employee will undergo further training in the company’s accounts department.
• Must have a strong understanding of Accounting Principles and willing to learn.

If you’re interested in building a career with a well-established and respected company, then send in your CV immediately to response@elevantix.com

The subject of the mail should be Fresh Chartered Accountant.
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Hardeybohwarley(m): 3:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ahnie, hi been a while I've been following your diary. Love it and it's cool.
So many too say but can't remember. Hopefully Zino is adapting to the new S*****l can't believe she is just in KG1, very funny grin grin grin grin
And you're already taking her *** ********. Anyway love and peace to you and yours
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by husbandsnatcha(f): 3:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
Smelling city...d last time i visited my friend ,it stanks of rotten fish,rotten egg n fart frm omoluabi boys joined together! mtcheww
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by chineloSA(f): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
I don't know why I love the Gambia.
That tiny country is my dream☺☺

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by good4all40: 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
I don't think this stats is accurate, Angola is perfect for the number 1 spot that city is crazily expensive , but as for Chad l am not sure of that. Abuja is only Expensive in terms of accomodation, food, transport etc are averagely priced in Abuja. But l don't think Lagos or any Nigerian city should be on the list, if you have traveled to Abidjan and some other capital cities in Africa, you will know Lagos is not expensive. A single room self con in a ghetto area of Abidjan can go high as 15 to 18k Naira per month, calculate that in 12 months then you will appreciate the price you pay to your Landlord in areas like Iya Ipaja, Abesan, Idimu, infact Alimosho in general and some not too expensive areas in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Temptee101(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
Where is abuja?

Abuja should be topping the chart

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Isaacpyo04(m): 4:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
resurgent2019:

Do you really pay 1.6 for a room and parlour in magodo? If so, why?
That's a lot sha
But I think there is this rule of thumb that if our rent is not more than 30% of your annual net income, you are good.
So if he earns say 6mil upwards, he won't run bankrupt!
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by chineloSA(f): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
Omololu001:
African cities are not really develop, yet most are so dam expensive to live in.

Once we produce most of what we consume, things will get cheaper.

Some countries don't even make their own bricks to build houses. Ordinary window glass is imported.
Such things become biggest factors

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by bikefab(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
If Abuja isnt there, then the ranking isnt correct. One can survive on far less in lagos than in abuja. Word.

4 Likes

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Temptee101(m): 4:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ategberoson:
thought Abuja was than Lagos. or this abuja is expensive bla bla is just a fiction
Guy forget that list. Abuja is damn too expensive, i wonder why is not number 1

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Newboss(m): 4:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
Angelb4:
If this is true, then you should be very ashamed of yourself for being wasteful. angry

4 Likes

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Temptee101(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
Bizibi:
accomodation yes but the rest is okay......
What do you mean by 'the rest'?

Is transportation cheap? Or food? Clothes?
What exactly do you mean?
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Ategberoson(m): 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2018
Temptee101:

Guy forget that list. Abuja is damn too expensive, i wonder why is not number 1

I thought as much because one can get 1000 food stuff in lag, rent a self contain of 100k and the tfare
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Temptee101(m): 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ategberoson:

I thought as much because one can get 1000 food stuff in lag, rent a self contain of 100k and the tfare
Like seriously

Not in Abuja, before you can get any good single room, budget 200k and above

1000k food stuff? No way in Abuja

Transportation is even worse

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Newboss(m): 4:21pm On Sep 17, 2018
Isaacpyo04:
Abuja nko, place is freaking expensive!
Not talking about the satellite towns and Boroughs, but those expensive areas in the city.
What are you doing in those expensive areas when you don't have money? angry Go and live in Maitama na. angry There are very cheap houses there. angry

Abeg go to Kubwa and buy 5 bedroom duplex for 26m. angry

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Bizibi(m): 4:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
Temptee101:

What do you mean by 'the rest'?

Is transportation cheap? Or food? Clothes?
What exactly do you mean?
transportation is okay,food is okay.......the distance from where I stay in wuse 2 to fcda,garki in a hired cab is 5h though is supposed to be 4h but the same distance from my house in 2nd ugbor road,g.r.a, to ring road,benin city in a hired cab is 1500 naira.......accommodation is the only expensive thing I see in abuja,the rest is okay.

Abj is enjoyable if you own a house and a car......

2 Likes

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Cindy08: 4:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
I think abuja is more expensive

1 Like

Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by GavelSlam: 4:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
Angelb4:

Similar in London, easily £800 a month.
Re: Mercer: Lagos Ranked 8th Most Expensive City In Africa, 47th In The World by Lecturer05(m): 4:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
It is, When you remove accommodation problem in Abuja, every other thing is Normal.Even transport is way more expensive in Lagos.

I have lived in both and I could differentiate..
Ategberoson:

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dangote Truck Causes Accident On Kara Bridge, Lagos (Photos) / Fire Outbreak At Lagos Airport / FG Has Begun Construction To Expand The Enugu 9th Mile-benue Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.