Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,253 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:47 PM

When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 (1141 Views)

If You Are The Poorest Amongst Your Siblings Avoid Family Gatherings. / How's Your Relationship With Your Siblings? Toxic Or Healthy? / Have You Ever Found Yourself Emotionally Attached To Your Siblings' Children? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by sunky97: 7:10am On Sep 18, 2018
This is a challenge to our slay queens who cannot cook ordinary indomie

[flash=425,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLaWjhk8AKM[/flash]

Thumps up to this little girl
Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by royallord1(m): 7:32am On Sep 18, 2018
God bless this mother uncountably... Passing on deep rooted knowledge to her child... A true African woman... At least... This is shows that some day sometime .. The girl in turn would make a good wife and mother...
Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by JoannaSedley(f): 8:05am On Sep 18, 2018
This is child labour and abuse that africans subject their children to from infancy. They term it upbringing.

Seem our own way of functional upbringing is raising cyclical child abusers from one generation to another

5 Likes

Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 18, 2018
JoannaSedley:
This is child labour and abuse that africans subject their children to from infancy. They term it upbringing.

Seem our own way of functional upbringing is raising cyclical child abusers from one generation to another

Lol. It seems you live in Obodo Oyinbo.

Here in Africa, this is not child labour, it's good upbringing.
Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by JoannaSedley(f): 9:02am On Sep 18, 2018
ovaltine22:

Lol. It seems you live in Obodo Oyinbo.

Here in Africa, this is not child labour, it's good upbringing.
No I don't think so. I beg to differ sir

1 Like

Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 18, 2018
JoannaSedley:
No I don't think so. I beg to differ sir

Well, from the video, the young girl is not being forced to bath her little sister.

She is being taught several lessons by her mother - lessons she will likely never forget as long as she lives.

I don't understand why you see this as child labour and abuse. care to explain why?
Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by frozen70(f): 10:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
How old is that girl to bath an infant /new born

What impression is the mother creating

Do you know that, infants of bellow 1 year, their bodies or skin are very slippry because of their tender skin coming in contact with soap

That child might get choked when bathing by mothers talk less of a minor girl

That girl can't learn by practicality bathing that infant, she will learn better by observation

Everything she is doing with that infant is a pure risk, whether under supervision or nit

1 Like

Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by 1Sharon(f): 2:52pm On Sep 19, 2018
ovaltine22:

Well, from the video, the young girl is not being forced to bath her little sister.

She is being taught several lessons by her mother - lessons she will likely never forget as long as she lives.

I don't understand why you see this as child labour and abuse. care to explain why?

She isn't even doing it properly undecided

why do Nigerians wash babies like that? Why don't they just put the babies in the tub?
Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by Douglaufuoma(m): 5:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:

which part of the world are u from, if u are from Africa u will understand the meaning of what the mother is doing. first, what classify child labour or abuse. if the video above categorized one, then foreign countries are worse abusers of child than Africa. because I have watch several videos were a child carryout worse task than than. secondly, what is your definition of child abuse or labour. if your definition is same as the one I know then western education is worse, what is the difference of asking a student to carry out task above his/her age in school with a tag of the child being smart and the one you are criticizing. and mind you education start from the home. let's stop importation of foreign unnecessarily cultures, discourage bad mouthing our morally accepted way of life just because it doesn't suite the other countries because the once we brought ; armed robbery, terrorism, kidnapping, homosexuality, cultism and other social vices are enough for us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Sep 19, 2018
1Sharon:

She isn't even doing it properly undecided

why do Nigerians wash babies like that? Why don't they just put the babies in the tub?

My dear, Rome was not built in a day. She doesn't have to be perfect, it's the effort and the inherent lessons that matter. wink
Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by JoannaSedley(f): 7:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
Douglaufuoma:
which part of the world are u from, if u are from Africa u will understand the meaning of what the mother is doing. first, what classify child labour or abuse. if the video above categorized one, then foreign countries are worse abusers of child than Africa. because I have watch several videos were a child carryout worse task than than. secondly, what is your definition of child abuse or labour. if your definition is same as the one I know then western education is worse, what is the difference of asking a student to carry out task above his/her age in school with a tag of the child being smart and the one you are criticizing. and mind you education start from the home. let's stop importation of foreign unnecessarily cultures, discourage bad mouthing our morally accepted way of life just because it doesn't suite the other countries because the once we brought ; armed robbery, terrorism, kidnapping, homosexuality, cultism and other social vices are enough for us.
Your opinion sir...not mine and I beg to differ

1 Like

Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by 1Sharon(f): 8:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
ovaltine22:

My dear, Rome was not built in a day. She doesn't have to be perfect, it's the effort and the inherent lessons that matter. wink

Oh plss what needless lessons? undecided

When the time comes she can learn to bathe her own baby.

I guess those 7 yr olds who can't bathe a baby sibling are useless huh?

1 Like

Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by Douglaufuoma(m): 9:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
JoannaSedley:
Your opinion sir...not mine and I beg to differ
I am sorry if I sound offensive, please pardon me.
Re: When Your Mum Tells You That You Are The Mother Of Your Siblings @ Age 7 by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 20, 2018
1Sharon:

Oh plss what needless lessons? undecided

When the time comes she can learn to bathe her own baby.

I guess those 7 yr olds who can't bathe a baby sibling are useless huh?

Na wa o. I rest my case. You are fully entitled to your opinion, let's not e-fight. smiley

(1) (Reply)

HELP: My Husband Is Inlove With A Younger Lady / What's The Most Beautiful Thing Someone Ever Said To You? / I'm Begging Please

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.