Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,263 members, 7,957,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:42 PM

Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business (6082 Views)

Are more British-born Nigerians moving back to Nigeria ? / Google Trader Nigeria To Compete With Dealfish, Tradestable, Nairalist / Help Needed - Moving To Asaba Soon;what Business Could I Do There? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by ajayi1(m): 2:42pm On Apr 27, 2007
, you need to watch your step before you carry it up. What i mean is that you have to be carefull
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by femo2000(m): 10:16pm On Dec 19, 2007
@Poster
Its really good u want to invest in Nigeria, Please Do your feasibility very well.
How ever I have some tips to give u

1 Never try to get loan from Nigerian banks cos the interest is gonna kill u,they can easily give u the loan because of where u're comming from but all in a bid to milk ui.e its just like u're gonna be working for them

2 try to grow ur business without a loan.

3 you really need 2 find solution to eletricity, you can buy generators but the running cost(diesel,maintenence) is going to kill you.
you can site your prodtn plant somewhere in ibadan, calabar, akwa ibom,Port harcourt or industrial estate in Ota Ogunstate where eclectricity is stable. thinking of Lagos?? you will soon go back to the states empty.
But I can assure you, your market is great in lagos.

4 get local materials

5 Please employ experienced Nigerian invital areas and PAY THEM WEll or esle? cry

On d last note I beg make u get one correct pastor wey go do special prayer on the site because Nigerian demons(witches) no get respect for kolor(oyinbo) shocked shocked

Wao I hope this helps smiley smiley
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by obua: 8:34am On Dec 20, 2007
Get a good consultanty to do recruitment for you.
Hook up with a good marketing agency.
Plan well for your raw materials .
You can also cite the factory in an area that has good power supply to reduce cost of running generators.
Banks interest rates are high but profit margins are also high. Lot os foreigners come to Nigeria with empty briefacases and build up multi million naira businesses
Be determined to succed.
Nigferia is a product hungry market
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by IMguru(m): 3:12am On Dec 23, 2009
cool.

after deciding on biz u want to do. it'll be a nice thing to have an online presence

and exposure.

We will build your website for you and make it rank on the 3major search engines

for chosen keywords for a token.

when you're decided, mail me at sulaimantaiwo1@gmail.com
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 08, 2010
location will matter in your business and i suggest the fastest real estate corridors of lekki, abuja ,portharacourt,and possibly ikordocu road.i suggest you try to get contract to supply and instal in estates that are massively built,by this you will establish your self.you could advertise in www.castlesweekly.com,thats the best real estate newspapers.Lots of Nigerian people staill have a colonial mentality and the appreciate it when a white skinned person comes to install there wares,its a fact,and you can take advantge of it to make contacts and business,you must have a secured warehouse with outbound and inbound logistics that are perfect to control stealing.Goodluck
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by kamisco: 4:11pm On Aug 25, 2010
I'll suggest that you should first come and do some work experience in the sector you're planning to explore, even if it is for a low wage. This should give you the right exposure to the modus operandi of how things work in 9ja, that is what my people call "The Nigerian Factor". If you're a fast learner, it may take you about 6 months to understand well well cheesy cheesy After which, you will be in a better position to decide which way forward. Once again, don't start out by investing your life saving as this will be considered as sailing uncharted waters. Nigeria is a good country ,
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by JimmyBoy1: 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2010
Thanks for you interest in our country, well many of the negative comments are worth considering, but we must understand that there other companies that are thriving in the same industry. in other words, the risks can be mitigated.

Asking you take employment in a similar business is not a bad idea, just I am not sure you will easily get such job, and even if you get, you may not be in a position to see how things work.

You may want to consider Contract Manufacturing first, i.e you talk to existing manufacturers on how they can roll out your product at cost. This allows you to focus on logistics and sales, therefore avoiding the evil of investing substantial in equipment that does not allow you to reverse your decision without incurring substantial loss.

This arrangement will allow you test the market with minimal capital and you will be able to learn the ropes.
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by leverage12(m): 5:39pm On Aug 26, 2010
[b][/b]To me i think moving to Nigeria to start a business is a good idea,that is if you know what you are doing.But there is this good site a friend of mine told me about that i cheeked that helps in building business ideas,you can cheek it out if you like,
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by ejob: 1:23pm On Aug 28, 2010
hi friend,
Nigeria assure you of a wide insatiable market.but be careful who you deal with moreso you must have enough fund for your daily running cost.Also your marketing niche should be able to cater for your expenses
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by opolomini: 10:45am On Aug 31, 2010
Hi Guys, I live in the USA now and am planning to relocate to Nig later this year. I am not Nigerian, I have friends out there who are. However I have spent about 3 to 4 months visiting there in 2004, I loved it a lot, people there are inspring and hardworking. I know there are others who focus more on the negative.

I want to open a Toiletery and laundry supplies manufacturing business and I also want to do houseware stuff like beddings, dishes etc, all of these to sell wholesale to the local market.

What do you guys advise. thx

i do not agree that you are not nigerian, you sure write/ speak like a nigerian
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by BAKAREAAT(m): 12:43pm On Sep 01, 2010
Please make sure adequate planing is in place.
Please,i have just acquire new skills.pl i dont mind if you can help me with companies in USA that need SAP Fico .i just need some implementation Experience.
My contact =taiwobakareaat@yahoo.com.
Regards
Taiwo
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by femmy2010(m): 11:49pm On Sep 03, 2010
With good friends to help out in Nigeria then be sure you have a possible market of more than 160m Nigerians to sell.
Believing in the brand Nigeria would fetch much profit.
Best of luck and am sure 9ja would be great.
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by CHARLOE(m): 10:15am On Sep 04, 2010
@ topic, bold and very good move, ride on. my only advice is - mosquito bite is a big problem all over nigeria and west africa, so if u can produce a product (lotion/cream etc) to prevent mosquito bites, u have a big market awaiting u! To ur success.
By d way, is ur boyfriend nigerian?
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by market4mon(m): 12:33pm On Sep 04, 2010
thatz a good biz, but you have to budget more on electricity
good luck
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by princeaded(m): 4:31pm On Sep 06, 2010
Prince generation nigeria is a company that its services include importing general goods,whatever you want to import from abroad mainly china we can help you import them such as printing machines,printing press papers and printing stationary,packaging machine and componets,washing machines,industrial machines of your choice.mobile phones and accessories,electrical equipments and appliances etc,

we are also general contactors

contacts, 07033307912
prince_adedeji@yahoo.com

Regards from
PRINCE GENERATION NIG
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by Xorenxo(m): 1:30pm On Sep 07, 2010
Hi Guys, I live in the USA now and am planning to relocate to Nig later this year. I am not Nigerian, I have friends out there who are. However I have spent about 3 to 4 months visiting there in 2004, I loved it a lot, people there are inspring and hardworking. I know there are others who focus more on the negative.

I want to open a Toiletery and laundry supplies manufacturing business and I also want to do houseware stuff like beddings, dishes etc, all of these to sell wholesale to the local market.

My advice to you is to join politics of Nigeria.
Join the PDP because that is where the action will be.
Be a supplier to very rich Government agencies like INEC (87 Billion Naira),NNPC and PHCN. if you want to move forward businesswise.
See the blog http://PoliticalTipz..com for further information on how to survive in business politically in Nigeria
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by etore: 4:14pm On Sep 08, 2010
Mr pepsi, i have read the thread nd i must say its interesting, all i would say is this , pls be careful i see a lot of enthusiasm in ur proposed venture, do play it safe , what i would advice is this , work from the rear, get in touch with ur embassy nd let dem hook u up with successful businessmen from ur country doing business in Nigeria, let their experience guide u, easy does it
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by sofymoore(m): 7:44pm On Sep 08, 2010
can anyody tell me if any kind of shoe is prohibited by th cusotorms to import?
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by toaspromo(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2010
it is a good idea of business in nigeria but my advice for you is that DO NOT TRUST ANYBODY IN BIZ EVEN YOUR FRIENDS GIVE A BENEFIT OF DOUBT YOU CAN GET SWINDLED AND SCAMMED cos guys in nigeria are desperate to have money seek expert advice in the field of profession b4 venturing into it good luck
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by seyiari: 10:35am On Sep 09, 2010
i think it's a good biz. i will only want you to study that works here since you are new in naija. wish you all the best. things work differently right here.
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by expert101(m): 4:03pm On Sep 10, 2010
nice, start something now.Nigeria is the best place to do business if you are smart and understand the terrain. i will advise you to find people in that same field to guide b4 investing your money to avoid loss.
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by popoyeh(m): 10:09pm On Sep 13, 2010
Do you have a busines plan? One can be made you.
Call 'Tayo on:
07093743558, 07065926857, 08121459053.
Re: Moving To Nigeria To Start A Business by itacirfa: 11:16am On Jul 23, 2014
Hello All,

I moved back recently and looking to set up a moving (logistics) business. I am however need some help with a survey I am conducting. Thanks in advance

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1QWDLtVBoNliyeAq96x3uCxR7vM1gVLcz8S5sjKQ6vqU/viewform

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Qnet Company A Scam ? Please Help Me / What Does WTAX.PD Mean In Fidelity Bank Alert / The Best Bank In Nigeria!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.