Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,978 members, 7,814,334 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers (23733 Views)

9 Mistakes Car Buyers In Nigeria Usually Make / Police Bar Officers From Demanding Customs Papers, Tinted Glass Permit / Why Are Car Buyers Always Fond Of This Attitude? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by MrMcJay(m): 2:33am On Sep 19, 2018
Sometime ago, a clearing agent boasted here on Nairaland that he helps people bring vehicles in from Cotonou and register them at the Tincan Ports in Lagos despite the fact that land borders have been closed by the Nigerian Customs to vehicle importation. When we asked him how he'll do it, he said he has his way of doing it.

That day, I made this comment below:
MrMcJay:
The land borders were shut to vehicles from Benin Cotonou because it was the point of origin for most smuggled vehicles into Nigeria. Most vehicles from Cotonou do not pay Customs Duty and were usually smuggled. Hence, they decided to throw away the baby with the bath water by closing the land border.

Now, if a vehicle is bought from Cotonou and Customs duty is paid on it at Tincan to give the fraudulent impression that it was brought in from Tincan, no problem. You're attempting to help the FG achieve what they wanted howbeit illegally. It's not outrightly illegal but you're exploiting the weakness of the law. One day, you'll pay for that.

The day an overzealous customs officer insists on sighting supporting documents which you used to obtain your C-number, you may fall into a deep pit. That's the day you'll explain how a vehicle imported into Port of Cotonou found its way into Tincan Port at a time the land borders from Benin to Nigeria were closed to vehicle imports.

Just yesterday, a Nairalander opened the thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/4737275/muscle-camry-almost-got-impounded

What made me open this thread was an incident that happened to a friend a few weeks ago. He bought a Tokunbo Venza from an auto dealer here in Nigeria. Before buying, he conducted due-diligence at the customs desk and it checked out.

After using it for about a year, he resold it to another buyer. The second buyer also conducted due-diligence at the customs desk and it also checked out.

While on Badagry Road, customs officers stopped him and after inspecting his papers, they impounded the vehicle. The buyer was confident to take on them because he had Customs Papers which checked out as at when he bought.

When he got to the office, the Customs guys explained what happened.

1. The agent who cleared the vehicle attached the details of the vehicle to a Container coming into Nigeria as if the vehicle was part of the cargo into Nigeria.

2. The Origin of the container was China and it was carrying industrial parts.

3. The dealership that sold the vehicle was in Texas, America.

4. They traced the details of the vehicle and discovered that it sailed from Houston to Porto Novo in Republic of Benin.

5. Last recorded Port was in Benin Republic before it miraculously appeared in a container coming from China to be cleared in Lagos.

6. There is no legal way that vehicle could have gotten to Nigeria from Cotonou.

7. In Lagos Port, the agent underpaid the value of the car but somehow got the customs papers.

The reason for this epistle is to provide information to prevent innocent Nairalanders from falling into this crime perpetrated by fraudulent agents and their allies.

1. Is there a way an innocent buyer can avoid falling into this problem?

2. Is there a particular Customs office buyers can go to physically verify that not only were the proper duties paid, but correct information given?

3. If you pay and customs officers collude with unscrupulous agents to defraud Nigerians, is there an official mechanism to get redress for the innocent buyer?

4. Is there an avenue for innocent buyers to pay unpaid customs fees over sized vehicles and ensure they are released?

5. For vehicles bought brand new in Nigeria and receipts issued by dealers, is there a way to verify duties were paid on those vehicles?

This is a kind of self-help thread since there's hardly information on these anywhere and the customs guys don't care.

Comments are welcome.

sultaan, egunmogaji, piyke, Obekediamondfuto, thebigkendo, thecar, sooperrescue, Banky3w, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, autologic, Autoelectng, Kingreign, chukel, radautoworks, opsudei1, oblo, TheMadame, weyreypeye, razaqmb, nurey, nwanneni, Princetom1, cosplay, johnabraham, evilspirit,deedee44, carshopper, protocol, taxiappguy, Timifakay,gentlelife50, jayooh, jergermeister, lacomb, chillex8, fogman, Enyinne krisrock. Readonee35L, Kashif, Gazzuzz, ejembi25, saintjoel, pattybf, CarGuideNG, calculus.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by radautoworks: 2:45am On Sep 19, 2018
I honestly don't know enough about this to comment. I simply avoid this by buying and bringing in my own vehicle. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to do so.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by CarGuideNG: 4:34am On Sep 19, 2018
The history report is one method to know the true Nigerian or import history.

For example, a lot of AutoCheck or CarFax reports end with:

Vehicle exported from A and imported to B, alongside a date of export.

Where A may be
Newark New Jersey, Baltimore Maryland, Halifax Canada, etc

And B may be
Benin(Cotonou) or Nigeria(Lagos)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7811240_20180919041818_jpegfa6abcc2be08451d2217373431e3abc7

This is quite helpful, an example is this report for a 2002 Toyota Camry, just one instance of several we have encountered recently. The client contacted us for the history when he was considering purchase.

The customs papers he forwarded showed that the vehicle was supposedly shipped to Tin Can Lagos (Nigeria), in December 2016 in a container with other parts.

From the history report we discovered that the customs papers were fake.

The car was shipped to Benin (Cotonou) in July 2017, by that time Cotonou imports had been banned, so the papers were forged and backdated to December 2016.

In these situations with clear ongoing fraud and illegalities, we strongly encourage clients to abandon such vehicles. It's not an exhaustive approach, but from our perspective and speciality it is one way to tackle the issue.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by rottenPussy: 6:12am On Sep 19, 2018
In this regard. verifying custom paper is not entirely reliable.
The last export information in the VIN-Check file is more reliable.

It is almost impossible for a car to be cleared out of Tincan without any duty being paid. However, in case of underpaid duty, there will most likely be an option to pay the full duty (when impounded) since it was not smugled in.

For your Vin Check, contact @CarGuideNG. His service is very fast and reliable.

@CarGuideNG, your recent help towards buying a Camry last week fetch you this unsolicited recommendations smiley

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by nurey(m): 6:44am On Sep 19, 2018
After due consultations, I think the best path to tow would be

1. Do a full vin check and get to know what port the vehicle is bound. If it is Benin Republic it's a red flag stay away.

2. if the port is lagos or other ports in south East and south south, no wahala you move to next phase

3. since you may not be prevy of the custom payment for that car model and year you go to the custom desk and ask not only to confirm the custom documents but to print out a fresh copy, give reasons.

4. you can study the custom document there are information embedded in it like when car came into the country, how it came, state it was in etc.
Also payment made for the vehicle, most of the documents are photocopy but the are clear and crisp.

5. I am certain you will be given a receipt to that effect with that, you can fight them in court if any issue happened because YOU paid for a background check which was verified ok by custom and if it later was certified as fake you will not be liable for loss.

6. I am not a lawyer but the law says you can't claim right for been ignorant. you are liable if you trust the dealer words, the law will punish you. But if you take steps in confirming what you want to buy and you have evidence to that effect (am guessing the new certificate will have evidence of recent date) which you will tender in court as your own safety net showing ineffectiveness of customs in doing their job.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by computerglobal(m): 6:45am On Sep 19, 2018
radautoworks:
I honestly don't know enough about this to comment. I simply about this by buying and bringing in my own vehicle. Unfortunately, not everyone is able to do so.

You are right..Auction companies like copart iaai manheim has made it very easy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by computerglobal(m): 6:49am On Sep 19, 2018
nurey:
After due consultations, I think the best path to tow would be

1. Do a full vin check and get to know what port the vehicle is bound. If it is Benin Republic it's a red flag stay away.

2. if the port is lagos, no wahala

Very correct boss

Vehicle History Report takes the billions of records on file, detailing all of the most important information about used cars from the United States and Canada, and assembles them into one easy to read report

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by computerglobal(m): 6:56am On Sep 19, 2018
Contact us for your comprehensive vehicle history report
Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:22am On Sep 19, 2018
The venza was only impounded because of underpayment.
It will be released as soon as he tops up the oil payment.

before you pay for a car (toks, new or used) ensure you verify how much was paid and confirm if it is the right amount for that era (obasanjo, goodluck, buhari)

Finally No do Gra Gra Mathew 5:25 has explained it properly.

8 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:23am On Sep 19, 2018
computerglobal:
Contact us for your comprehensive vehicle history report

You came late to this party wink but I trust your services any day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 7:52am On Sep 19, 2018
[quote author=MrMcJay post=71322181]

Due diligence.... The problem with some buyers and importers is that once they discover a "VERY CHEAP" deal ,they loose their sense of reasoning..... Nothing stops you printing the documents from any source you have,no matter how expensive it is....

2. Is there a particular Customs office buyers can go to physically verify that not only were the proper duties paid, but correct information given?

All customs offices that have ICT units can be used and I also render that service for a fee..... And like I stated earlier, it is always better to do printouts ,no matter how much palms you've to grease and what it will cost..... FORGET WHAT SOME BUYER'S HAVE SAID ABOUT GOING TO CUSTOM OFFICES AND THEY WERE GIVEN WRONG INFO.. IT'S A LIE.....many of them become completely blinded by the cheap price and they loose their home training..... I've seen instances where the buyer's overruled me because they just wanted to believe that the papers are original when you tell them otherwise and I've been involved in one that the buyer overuled me because the seller claimed he has sent someone to the custom's office and they were given papers that had contrary info and he believed them..... A person like that once accused me on nairaland over the second issue and I've also told him to bring all the evidences which he has refused to do till date....possible he is also reading this. ........ Mistakes do happen once in a while but not too often even ever since we've all learnt how to check for manifests...... No matter how well camouflaged the job is... Manifest will expose you....

3. If you pay and customs officers collude with unscrupulous agents to defraud Nigerians, is there an official mechanism to get redress for the innocent buyer?

Sir, walk into any command and ask for their CIU, provost or legal units.... You can report there but you must know the officer or officers involved..... You can't just walk in to accuse a whole command.... Your case might be thrown out..... And finding out those names will be like searching for a needle in an haystack......

4. Is there an avenue for innocent buyers to pay unpaid customs fees over sized vehicles and ensure they are released?

Yes,there are avenues but unfortunately no custom officer or command will come online to a public forum like nairaland to tell you that...... All I'll tell you is this.... WHATEVER ANYONE MIGHT DO TO HELP YOU.... MAKE SURE IT HAS A MANIFEST AND INSPECTION ACT......shikena....

5. For vehicles bought brand new in Nigeria and receipts issued by dealers, is there a way to verify duties were paid on those vehicles?

Only proof of purchase as at the time they were bought into the country by AUTHORIZED dealers like Elizade motors etc.... Note the emphasis on "authorised"..... You can't just walk into a car stand in obalende and the dealer will tell you that the car was bought brand new.....oya,take papers and you walk away..... You've to be able to take your time to trace the paperwork right down to first user...... Which might be a company or individual..... If your hear statements like.....ehm, the papers were lost.... SCRAM....NO MATTER HOW CHEAP THE CAR IS......

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by Hauptmann: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2018
CarGuideNG:
The history report is one method to know the true Nigerian or import history.

For example, a lot of AutoCheck or CarFax reports end with:

Vehicle exported from A and imported to B, alongside a date of export.

Where A may be
Newark New Jersey, Baltimore Maryland, Halifax Canada, etc

And B may be
Benin(Cotonou) or Nigeria(Lagos)

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7811240_20180919041818_jpegfa6abcc2be08451d2217373431e3abc7

This is quite helpful, an example is this report for a 2002 Toyota Camry, just one instance of several we have encountered recently. The client contacted us for the history when he was considering purchase.

The customs papers he forwarded showed that the vehicle was supposedly shipped to Tin Can Lagos (Nigeria), in December 2016 in a container with other parts.

From the history report we discovered that the customs papers were fake.

The car was shipped to Benin (Cotonou) in July 2017, by that time Cotonou imports had been banned, so the papers were forged and backdated to December 2016.

In these situations with clear ongoing fraud and illegalities, we strongly encourage clients to abandon such vehicles. It's not an exhaustive approach, but from our perspective and speciality it is one way to tackle the issue.

The boss at work, you no dey sleep?

I knew carguideng was the real deal last week when they got the full history report plus even service details for a car in Abu dhabi of all places, the owner that shipped it from that side and brought it to our stand to market was shocked grin

More power to your elbows sire. This method you revealed is eye opening to me, I never thought about it before

Nigeria will be great one day

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

before you pay for a car (toks, new or used) ensure you verify how much was paid and confirm if it is the right amount for that era (obasanjo, goodluck, buhari)

Thanks for raising this sir.... This is a question that some buyer's deliberately ignore..... Many times when I run checks on duty and I tell them that their purchases were undervalued....they just tend to turn deaf ears to what I say..... One was even arguing with last week that the dealer said that once the customs account has been credited, they don't need release and they bought the car based on the dealer's advice..... I guess the car was sold cheap and they didn't want to miss the deal...... Anyway,before you buy a car,always make sure you know the tarrif that is applicable for the particular year that the duty was processed....
Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

Thanks for raising this sir.... This is a question that some buyer's deliberately ignore..... Many times when I run checks on duty and I tell them that their purchases were undervalued....they just tend to turn deaf ears to what I say..... One was even arguing with last week that the dealer said that once the customs account has been credited, they don't need release and they bought the car based on the dealer's advice..... I guess the car was sold cheap and they didn't want to miss the deal...... Anyway,before you buy a car,always make sure you know the tarrif that is applicable for the particular year that the duty was processed......

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by Hauptmann: 8:04am On Sep 19, 2018
saintjoel:

Thanks for raising this sir.... This is a question that some buyer's deliberately ignore..... Many times when I run checks on duty and I tell them that their purchases were undervalued....they just tend to turn deaf ears to what I say..... One was even arguing with last week that the dealer said that once the customs account has been credited, they don't need release and they bought the car based on the dealer's advice..... I guess the car was sold cheap and they didn't want to miss the deal...... Anyway,before you buy a car,always make sure you know the tarrif that is applicable for the particular year that the duty was processed......

sir how long does your verification service take?
Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 8:09am On Sep 19, 2018
Hauptmann:

sir how long does your verification service take?

Old assycuda system take 5-10 mins if done by us and the new nicciss system takes 20mins if also done by us because we now do printouts for nicciss but assycuda is done based on request.....

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 8:19am On Sep 19, 2018
MrMcJay:
Sometime ago, a clearing agent boasted here on Nairaland that he helps people bring vehicles in from Cotonou and register them at the Tincan Ports in Lagos despite the fact that land borders have been closed by the Nigerian Customs to vehicle importation. When we asked him how he'll do it, he said he has his way of doing it.

That day, I made this comment below:

Just yesterday, a Nairalander opened the thread below:
https://www.nairaland.com/4737275/muscle-camry-almost-got-impounded

What made me open this thread was an incident that happened to a friend a few weeks ago. He bought a Tokunbo Venza from an auto dealer here in Nigeria. Before buying, he conducted due-diligence at the customs desk and it checked out.

After using it for about a year, he resold it to another buyer. The second buyer also conducted due-diligence at the customs desk and it also checked out.

While on Badagry Road, customs officers stopped him and after inspecting his papers, they impounded the vehicle. The buyer was confident to take on them because he had Customs Papers which checked out as at when he bought.

When he got to the office, the Customs guys explained what happened.

1. The agent who cleared the vehicle attached the details of the vehicle to a Container coming into Nigeria as if the vehicle was part of the cargo into Nigeria.

2. The Origin of the container was China and it was carrying industrial parts.

3. The dealership that sold the vehicle was in Texas, America.

4. They traced the details of the vehicle and discovered that it sailed from Houston to Porto Novo in Republic of Benin.

5. Last recorded Port was in Benin Republic before it miraculously appeared in a container coming from China to be cleared in Lagos.

6. There is no legal way that vehicle could have gotten to Nigeria from Cotonou.

7. In Lagos Port, the agent underpaid the value of the car but somehow got the customs papers.

The reason for this epistle is to provide information to prevent innocent Nairalanders from falling into this crime perpetrated by fraudulent agents and their allies.

This is a kind of self-help thread since there's hardly information on these anywhere and the customs guys don't care.

Comments are welcome.

sultaan, egunmogaji, piyke, Obekediamondfuto, thebigkendo, thecar, sooperrescue, Banky3w, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, autologic, Autoelectng, Kingreign, chukel, radautoworks, opsudei1, oblo, TheMadame, weyreypeye, razaqmb, nurey, nwanneni, Princetom1, cosplay, johnabraham, evilspirit,deedee44, carshopper, protocol, taxiappguy, Timifakay,gentlelife50, jayooh, jergermeister, lacomb, chillex8, fogman, Enyinne krisrock. Readonee35L, Kashif, Gazzuzz, ejembi25, saintjoel, pattybf, CarGuideNG, calculus.

Sir, I will also state very strongly that the two buyers never went to any office to run checks on their papers or the first buyer knew about how the car got into the country but decided to keep shut and the second buyer also didn't check...... There's no office as at today that will run checks on your papers and they will not notice a scam bol.... Your friend or friends haven't not told you the whole truth....

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by Inception(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2018
GAZZUZZ:

walahi you are something else grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by jarkbauer: 9:53am On Sep 19, 2018
If a car discovered to be imported through cotonou with forged Lagos papers is impounded. You will be lucky if it's ever released.
Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by Readonee35L(m): 9:57am On Sep 19, 2018
Mrmcjay
Nice topic.

Can you see the stress an average person has to goto in a country to buy a legal car. That means even going to the custom doesnt mean you are safe because every person wants to exploit you.

The main reason why this car was impounded was because it was under valued. I dont think the customs are the one telling you car shipped to portonovo or wherever.

If the vehicles vin was attached to container and cleared as you said, everything should be fine unless the value claimed was extremely low.

And sometimes the People doing this illegal jobs dont have common sense. I have seen a vehicle whose custom duty is newer in date than the vehicle papers. If any officer inspects such vehicle he is going to be shocked and curious of how a vehicle was already registered before it was even cleared in nigeria with over a year interval grin.

Vehicle exported to even australia and driven to 9ja through land doesnt matter if the vin was attached to container . duty will claim lagos because its a container and other items are present in it even if theres no car of such inside.

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 10:00am On Sep 19, 2018
Readonee35L:
Mrmcjay
Nice topic.

Can you see the stress an average person has to goto in a country to buy a legal car. That means even going to the custom doesnt mean you are safe because every person wants to exploit you.

The main reason why this car was impounded was because it was under valued. I dont think the customs are the one telling you car shipped to portonovo or wherever.

If the vehicles vin was attached to container and cleared as you said, everything should be fine unless the value claimed was extremely low.

And sometimes the People doing this illegal jobs dont have common sense. I have seen a vehicle whose custom duty is newer in date than the vehicle papers. If any officer inspects such vehicle he is going to be shocked and curious of how a vehicle was already registered before it was even cleared in nigeria with over a year interval grin.

Vehicle exported to even australia and driven to 9ja through land doesnt matter if the vin was attached to container . duty will claim lagos because its a container and other items are present in it even if theres no car of such inside.

Gbam,where can I send that bottle of wine that I've been owing you to....

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by jarkbauer: 10:05am On Sep 19, 2018
Saintjoel believes everything is about undervaluation. Importing cars through land borders is illegal and if you are caught you are done for

1 Like

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 10:18am On Sep 19, 2018
jarkbauer:
Saintjoel believes everything is about undervaluation. Importing cars through land borders is illegal and if you are caught you are done for

Oga, where did you read that I support undervaluation or where I stated that it's legal to move cars across the border with the ban still in place, do you need better reading glasses??

3 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by jarkbauer: 10:29am On Sep 19, 2018
saintjoel:

Oga, where did you read that I support undervaluation or where I stated that it's legal to move cars across the border with the ban still in place, do you need better reading glasses??

I said you think everything/everyproblem people have is undervaluation.
Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by johnabraham: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2018
i trust computer global any day... any time
but the thing that i want to confirm is that does all autocheck or carfax reports shows where the vehicle is shipped to - computer global can best guide in this

GAZZUZZ:

You came late to this party wink but I trust your services any day.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:38am On Sep 19, 2018
nice topic lemme bring in the usual culprits...
omonla10 kuntash gluckdude
FYI not FYA
Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by gbowoade463: 11:04am On Sep 19, 2018

18 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by saintjoel(m): 11:21am On Sep 19, 2018
jarkbauer:

I said you think everything/everyproblem people have is undervaluation.

Okay,no problem ...... But you the the funniest thing....apart from fake papers, undervaluation is everywhere and it's the next big thing after fake papers...... Most importers don't care about what agents have paid, as long as their vehicles can leave the port..... It's only when they get to the road before they now know what they got themselves involved in.... Just yesterday I charged N1.450m for a 2014 Nissan sentra and the importer just scrammed and blocked me on WhatsApp because he felt he can still get another person to do it for less than N1.2m...... So, you see why I always laugh about undervaluation...... Hundreds of cars out there were certainly undervalued....

5 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by jarkbauer: 11:32am On Sep 19, 2018
Saintjoel if one discovered his car was smuggled through land borders what can he do.
Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by Readonee35L(m): 11:55am On Sep 19, 2018
jarkbauer:
Saintjoel if one discovered his car was smuggled through land borders what can he do.
You are throwing a bait smiley ....
Smuggling is illegal .
If you have such car burn it . nothing can be done

4 Likes

Re: Fraudulent Customs Papers And Innocent Car Buyers by Readonee35L(m): 12:01pm On Sep 19, 2018
saintjoel:

Okay,no problem ...... But you the the funniest thing....apart from fake papers, undervaluation is everywhere and it's the next big thing after fake papers...... Most importers don't care about what agents have paid, as long as their vehicles can leave the port..... It's only when they get to the road before they now know what they got themselves involved in.... Just yesterday I charged N1.450m for a 2014 Nissan sentra and the importer just scrammed and blocked me on WhatsApp because he felt he can still get another person to do it for less than N1.2m...... So, you see why I always laugh about undervaluation...... Hundreds of cars out there were certainly undervalued....
You're right.
Undervaluation is everywhere. But If the vehicle gets to leave the port car is 70% safe. Sometimes if tincan cars with low value are stopped the customs let them go or sometimes they want to know who did the job. Because for a underpaid car to leave the port without alert . it means it was done under supervision of the Bosses Boss .

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tips To Buy The Best Car Batteries For Your Car / Believe It Or Not, These Are Images Of A Very Active Truck In Nigeria! (PHOTO) / How To Prevent Your Car From Thieves

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.