Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,227 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again (929 Views)

"Bharti Airtel Nigeria" - Zain Gets Yet Another Name! / Zain Nigeria To Change Name To 'Airtel' / Ip Address For Free Internet On Zain Zambia Or Mtn Zambia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by Fadajasi(m): 9:26pm On Jul 05, 2010
Bharti Airtel
India’s largest telecoms, Bharti
Airtel and Zain Telecoms finalized
agreements on the acquisition of
Zain Telecoms by Bharti Airtel last
week. The telecoms is known for
changing hands and name right
from start, ranging from Econet
Wireless (Econet), Vee Network
(Vmobile) to Zain network.
However, the acquisition might
lead to a change in the brand
name of the telecoms to Bharti so
as to join the Africa ’s based
network with India’s Bharti
making the telecoms the 5th
largest mobile company in the
world. With the expansion, Bharti
Airtel customers will be almost 1.8
billion adding the 180 million
customers Zain has in Africa. Zain
operates in Chad, Burkina faso,
Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Ghana,
Zambia, Uganda, Nigeria and
several others.
Bharti Airtel bought zain out with
$10.7billion. The telecoms has
assured its customers that the
acquisition will not affect her
quality of service delivery as
Bharti has decided to retain 6,500
Zain’s Africa-based employees.
Zain will soon effect necessary
changes as the new operator start
operation.
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by n3rve(m): 10:01pm On Jul 05, 2010
Old gist
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by Fadajasi(m): 10:25pm On Jul 05, 2010
Dis aint old, the contract has just been inked
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by puskin: 1:33am On Jul 06, 2010
. . . . . still old gist!!!!!!
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by Emmyk(m): 2:16pm On Jul 06, 2010
Let wait and see. Cos the Customer care denied it
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by Dclique(m): 3:18pm On Jul 06, 2010
Why do these guys keep selling?.
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by Dclique(m): 3:19pm On Jul 06, 2010
Why do these guys keep selling?.
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by aieromon(m): 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2010
One thing's for sure - Airtel will be eaten for free like they do in Asia.Let them come.
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by mcmsat(m): 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2010
coolI'm cool! Let me ask you guys, why should the selling of Zain border you so much? Even if they re-brand the network for 20 times, why should it border us? What we should care for is the service. The world is dynamic, the contents of the world is dynamic. In this issue, I observe that the successor is always better! Sometimes I want Dynamic than Static.
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by Iceugwa(m): 9:10am On Jul 07, 2010
Aren't they tired me these change in ownership.
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by Emmyk(m): 10:30am On Jul 07, 2010
Towards the tail ending of celtel (april-july,2008),maybe no agent was on the deck during that period; they gave me unlimited free sms to any network worldwide,and all the promo they did that time ws absolutely free eg. Promos that u partake in and u ar charged 100naira. I partook in one which should cost #25,000 on normal ground "anyone remember buzz trivia" ? They also pay me 'bout 400naira daily while browsing for free! I began selling credit via me2u. :-D. Hope Zain will do likewise undecided
Re: Zain Set To Change Name To Bharti Again by aieromon(m): 10:49am On Jul 07, 2010
Emmyk:

Towards the tail ending of celtel (april-july,2008),maybe no agent was on the deck during that period; they gave me unlimited free sms to any network worldwide,and all the promo they did that time ws absolutely free eg. Promos that u partake in and u ar charged 100naira. I partook in one which should cost #25,000 on normal ground "anyone remember buzz trivia" ? They also pay me 'bout 400naira daily while browsing for free! I began selling credit via me2u. :-D. Hope Zain will do likewise undecided

Awoof maestro grin

(1) (Reply)

Very Clean Us Used Blackberry Bold2 For Sale / Rooting Samsung Galaxy Mini / Kinko Phone That Change Caller's Voice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.