Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,913 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:57 AM

What Do I Do About Fungal Infection - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Do I Do About Fungal Infection (2241 Views)

University Scientists Find Unlikely HIV Cure In Anti-fungal Foot Cream / Total And Permanent Cure For Urethral Bacteria, Viral And Fungal Infections. / CAN TOILET INFECTION CAUSE IRREGULAR PERIOD IN A LADY? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by OM1(f): 12:55pm On Jul 06, 2010
I noticed tiny rashes spreading on my face and all i did didn't avail anything. My pharmacist eventually said it was a fungal infection and recommended Vecutin which i used for about three months. It worked but i discovered that a few days after dis-use, the rashes were back. (I had to stop the Vecutin because i had been warned of its steriod content).
I then used oral anti- Fungal tablets for 30 days with no effect. The rashes are still there and have now spread to my ears.
Now I am confused.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase What can i do!!!!
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by OM1(f): 1:00pm On Jul 06, 2010
I wouldn't mind a recommendation of a good dermatologist.
Thanks
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by agathamari(f): 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2010
you need to have a sklin scraping dont to find out waht it is
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by dominique(f): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2010
agathamari:

you need to have a sklin scraping dont to find out waht it is

huh
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by fsb(m): 11:27pm On Jul 06, 2010
@ Poster

Well you've said it all, I mean, you had your pharmacist (?chemist) diagnose and treat you. I'm surprised you expected positive results, It's best you visit a physician to do a physical assessment, make a diagnosis and start you on the necessary treatment,

It's next to impossible doing that on the NET with limited info,

Get well soon
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by fsb(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
dominique:

huh

Skin scraping + KOH prep would be d initial assessment if one suspected a fungal infection. It's just that it's not done in naija,
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by aieromon(m): 6:07am On Jul 07, 2010
O.M.:

I noticed tiny rashes spreading on my face and all i did didn't avail anything. My pharmacist eventually said it was a fungal infection and recommended Vecutin which i used for about three months. It worked but i discovered that a few days after dis-use, the rashes were back. (I had to stop the Vecutin because i had been warned of its steriod content).
I then used oral anti- Fungal tablets for 30 days with no effect. The rashes are still there and have now spread to my ears.
Now I am confused.
Pleeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaase What can i do!!!!

Is is ketoconazole you took for 30 days?You may need to see a physician to confirm if indeed it is a fungal infection.If confirmed,you may need to switch to more potent antifungal agents.
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by akanke79: 8:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
I will advise you to drink garlic and honey and rub some content on affected part of the body for some days everynight.
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by fsb(m): 4:21am On Jul 08, 2010
akanke79:

I will advise you to drink garlic and honey and rub some content on affected part of the body for some days everynight.

SERIOUSLY What's the basis of that?

DOMINIQUE!!! I hope people know that the health section is a serious section. This isn't the place where people think they can come and write whatever it is that comes up to their heads, particularly sarcasm,
Re: What Do I Do About Fungal Infection by OM1(f): 11:04am On Jul 19, 2010
Update:- My doc referred me to a dermatologist who looked @ me once and said "I have no doubt, it is Milia". He prescribed 3% Salysic acid in Hydrocortisone cream. I am trying to be diligent and hope it works.
But- what i googgled on Milia does not exactly correspond or look like what is on my face. Will keep using the cream anyway. Thanks all.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Wrong With My Face / Open Letter To The Federal Minister Of Health (prof. Isaac Adewole) / To Join Ogboni Confraternity Contact This Number (0703434444)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.