Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,503 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen (44488 Views)

If You Were Their Mom, What Would Be Your Decision On This Issue? / Young Man Surprises His Dad With A Brand New Mercedes Benz SUV (video) / 4 Ladies Lifts Their Dad Up As He Celebrates His 50th Birthday (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Correctgist(f): 8:12am On Sep 20, 2018
When his wife, Laura, was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 17 years ago, Wesley Ryan sold his cherished white 1993 Ford Mustang GT to help pay for her medical bills. .

His son, Jake, said that selling the car was “one of the biggest sacrifices I’ve seen him have to make for us, for all of us. I know how much it broke him in half seeing that car drive away from him. A day I’ll never forget.” .

With so many years passed, Wesley, 47, had no idea what was about to happen when his wife and kids blindfolded him in a department store parking lot earlier this month, then broke down in tears when they revealed the Mustang on the back of a flatbed truck. .

The touching moment was captured on video with the Zac Brown Band song “My Old Man” playing in the background, and posted to Jake’s Facebook page. .

Jake told the San Antonio Express-News that he came across the car while perusing Craigslist a couple of years ago, but couldn’t close a deal. When it popped up again recently, he, his sister, Jeni and her boyfriend all chipped in to buy it. .

In a sad twist of fate, the seller was letting it go because her own mother had contracted ovarian cancer and they needed the money for treatment. .

Wesley told the Express-News that what his children did for him "shows where they are: they are balanced human beings. .

My wife and I have succeeded, we've raised productive adults, it's the strongest, most powerful feeling that a parent can have."

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/children-surprise-their-dad-with-the-car-he-sold-to-pay-for-their-moms-hospital-bills/

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by BigbamoAYO(m): 8:25am On Sep 20, 2018
Good, I thought it happen in my precious country grin

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by vizkiz: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2018
So all these years, the car is still in good shape?

#Laughs In Nigerian Roads

Nevertheless, I feel they should have gotten a better car grin

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2018
cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by itiswellandwell: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2018
Very touching and inspiring! This should tell everyone, when husband and wife are showing hatred to each other, the children are watching and learning, if it's love, they are watching and learning. The end will justify! Let love leads!!

Cheap clean s6 edge. Check my signature.

128 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Quidquopro: 8:27am On Sep 20, 2018
Ehya
I hope the ovarian cancer won't come back.
Maybe the car is jinxed

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by funmilade4real(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2018
Mama

1 Like

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Corrinthians(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2018
Good for them.

Still here searching for a glimmer of hope for PDP in the next election tho. embarassed

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by yomibelle(f): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2018
Another angle

The first seller's wife had ovarian cancer

The now seller's mother has ovarian cancer

Is it just coincidence or that the car is correlated with ovarian cancer?

New project topic loading

To test this theory, I suggest they sell the car again

13 Likes

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by OROBOR17(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2018
Una no fit buy better one give am abi?

6 Likes

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by fvck(m): 8:28am On Sep 20, 2018
That car has an evil spirit that carries cancer grin

But let the gods find out

3 Likes

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Ngcampuschat40: 8:29am On Sep 20, 2018
Lol

SEE ALSO : Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2019 Everett M. Rogers Award

https://www.nairaland.com/4743821/chimamanda-ngozi-adichie-wins-2019
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by JailBreaker(m): 8:29am On Sep 20, 2018
Our Dads deserve some accolades

Study In London For Free - International Ambassador Scholarships 2018

http://tellcollege..com/2018/09/study-uk-international-ambassador-scholarships-london.html
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by diebuhari1: 8:29am On Sep 20, 2018
That car is bad luck. Hope they haven't brought back cancer to their family.
How else do your explain every owner of the car having to sell it to treat cancer?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by flyca: 8:29am On Sep 20, 2018
Good father
Good son

Happy Family kiss
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Bambambiglo: 8:29am On Sep 20, 2018
That car is cursed and they are too blind to know..smh

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by braxjay(m): 8:30am On Sep 20, 2018
is this car a carrier of cancer ?

sell it o ! i have said my own.

persecution shall not arise a second time.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by elchado00: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2018
oooh interesting
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by distilledwalex(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2018
Thats great... Funny the car is been sold to care for a cancer patient like the first time too
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by asawanathegreat(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2018
May God bless them
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by MrDoGood(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2018
Love
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Btruth: 8:31am On Sep 20, 2018
evil car I think?

1 Like

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by tushd(m): 8:31am On Sep 20, 2018
At least a thread of Dad being praised

Dads are always the unsung heroes

musicians hardly sings about them
children hardly praise them

shutout to the true dads out there, always hiding the pains

likes for the fathers

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by OmoOshodi(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2018
diebuhari1:
That car is bad luck. Hope they haven't brought back cancer to their family.
How else do your explain every owner of the car having to sell it to treat cancer?
typical Naija comment

2 Likes

Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Abimbola29(m): 8:32am On Sep 20, 2018
well brought up kids,not the type of kids in my area
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Iamrichie: 8:32am On Sep 20, 2018
What a great feeling!

Unlike some kids that would see their parents sacrifice as a norm, something not to be cherished and appreciated.
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by Franzinni: 8:33am On Sep 20, 2018
Doing good makes you feel good
Re: Children Surprise Their Dad With The Car He Sold To Pay For Their Mom’s Treatmen by IamPatriotic(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2018
Is the car infected with the spirits of ovarian cancer?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion In My Very Young Marriage / HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / Nigerian Female Soldier Cradling Her Newborn Baby (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.