Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,130 members, 7,821,868 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

Bvn Problem. Please Advice Needed - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bvn Problem. Please Advice Needed (764 Views)

BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bvn Problem. Please Advice Needed by Kingjames(m): 11:05am On Sep 20, 2018
Bankers in the house, please I need your urgent professional advice on how to go about this Bank verification problem I am currently experiencing.

It all started with the introduction of BVN the central bank of Nigeria instructed all commercial bank to verify their customers by capturing their biometrics

I am operating four(4) bank account with reasonable account balance ( pls not 30 billions like DAVIDO). Now, It happened that my younger brother went to deposit some cash into my access bank account, and seeing majority of customers jostling for the BVN, He went ahead to use my information to register for me since I was on the sea for 3months during the period, thinking they could register for someone else.

Now I effortlessly received an SMS containing my BVN.
On coming back, I went straight with the PIN to link with the rest of my accounts.
The problem started when I went for Teller machine card(ATM), and they asked for my BVN number, I gave them for verification and the picture shows my younger brother. I explained to them(customer care) on how it happened. I was denied of the ATM and can't also make a withdrawal.

By this time, it dawn on me that its going to be serious issue.

My younger brother's company paid his salary to his account and he can't withdraw without his own BVN. By now he can't register second time; having registered for me.

The money in his account runs to a million naira and we need the money. so I went ahead to register for him using his information.

Now, my account is block and I am asked to come for update. I went with all necessary documents and was to verify my BVN. Now verification shows my brother's picture.

Please brethren, how can I urgently rectify this issue to have immediate unrestricted access to my account that will have my real bio data. My business is on hold because of non access to my hard earn money. I have written to CBN through my bank, and no response close to 3months now...

Is it possible to delete all, so that we go for fresh one? perhaps, closing the accounts entirely and open new one.

He has BVN number with my name but his picture and same with me.

Help a brother
Re: Bvn Problem. Please Advice Needed by uboma(m): 2:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
I find your story hard to believe.

There was sufficient enlightenment on the print and electronic media at the time the BVN started.

How could your brother register on the BVN platform on your behalf?

Your storyline is misleading....
Re: Bvn Problem. Please Advice Needed by djshabas(m): 1:03pm On Sep 01, 2019
Bro am having the same problem

(1) (Reply)

Hi Nairalander, What Business To Start With 200k / She Came To The Polling Unit Also To Vote And Sell Kunu. INEC Why. / Grade one

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.