Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,202 members, 7,829,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation (9851 Views)

FREE CATFISH SEED For Learning Purpose / Free Catfish Rearing Mentoring / Free Catfish Farming Training For Youth And Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by gift01: 7:53pm On Feb 20, 2019
As a newbie where do I start from
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 8:03pm On Feb 20, 2019
gift01:
As a newbie where do I start from
Read through this thread from the beginning, note interest areas, and ask for clarification for better understanding.
Where is your location?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by gift01: 8:09pm On Feb 20, 2019
bilag17:

Read through this thread from the beginning, note interest areas, and ask for clarification for better understanding.
Where is your location?
Lagos
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 9:00pm On Feb 20, 2019
gift01:
Lagos
Very good, which part of Lagos?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by gift01: 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2019
bilag17:

Very good, which part of Lagos?
Ijanikin... can use the space in our house
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2019
@gift01, and other intending participants, please observe :-

If you're in the coverage area as mentioned in the training thread(in view of logistics ), here are things to note.

The purpose of the training, is to encourage people about catfish farming, learning by direct involvement (hands on training), in the comfort of your house. To be eligible, you must have the following :-
1. Adequate water supply
2. Good drainage without being an environmental nuisance to the neighborhood.
3. Adequate container - minimum of 210 Litres drum or 250 Litres pot.
4. Budget 20k for feeding for entire rearing period (about 5-6 months).
The above is to rear the 50 FREE Post-fingerlings / Juveniles to table size within the stated period.
During the training period, we shall consider water management, feeding strategies, harvest modalities, and marketing strategies.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 4:20pm On Feb 27, 2019
Unique Training Concept
I believe in the act of doing, hence the introduction of this mentoring scheme. There are many indicators to the training uniqueness.
The main one, being a Win-Win situation for participants as they conveniently learn catfish rearing in the comfort of their homes, and also make money at the end of the training harvesting fishes.

To be successful in catfish rearing, following are the three major factors.
1. Good seed - fingerlings, Juveniles, others.
2. Good feeds in quality, and adequate quantities.
3. Good management practices.

Factors 1 and 2 are guaranteed through this forum, while the management practices depend on the extent to which the participants follow mentoring instructions. This is usually evident at harvest, when participants performances are assessed.
Why don't you consider being part of this trend to grow the Aquaculture Industry feeding people?

Register, and order now for mobilisation and delivery
Of Batch 19Q2 Special / Jumbo Catfish seeds, with collection slated for end of April.

Contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp / call for details.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 3:51pm On Mar 01, 2019
Recently, I visited few participants to see what has been going on with their Catfish rearing projects. Despite the fact that three (3) different locations were visited, I discovered that each and every of those visited had unique experiences, which you can't get in a Catfish farming workshop or seminar.

I will share on this thread, few of the challenges they experienced, and the solution regarding :-
1. Piping / water management.
2. Creating Customer base.
3. Continuous Product (Fish) availability.

I really appreciate all those who are interested in this training scheme, who have been contacting me, and are not from the program catchment areas. Please, bear with me, it's the Logistics as at the moment, and the need for effective mentoring that set the catchment areas.
I can still guide you through a Successful Catfish Farming experience, to an extent through the social media platforms.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by champeeon(m): 6:06pm On Mar 02, 2019
This is a great service you are rendering. God bless you.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2019
champeeon:
This is a great service you are rendering. God bless you.
Thank you very much.
It might interest you to note, that the Batch 19Q3 is a special program for the entire household or the family. This is meant to provide fish for participant's home to have enough fish for different delicacies during the December 2019 festivities. Mobilisation is expected to be in July/August, to enable harvesting from December onwards.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2019
gift01:
Ijanikin... can use the space in our house

Contact 0802-334-0270 on or before Friday 15th March, 2019, for participation in Batch 19Q2 training mobilisation.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 5:43am On Mar 08, 2019
Piping And Water Challenges
The following are the piping and water challenges experienced by some participants.

One of the concept of this training scheme, is to set up a Pilot Production Scheme for learning purpose, based on the pocket of participants. Therefore, temporary movable production facilities, which are not too expensive are advised. This will enable participants to easily decide after their first production if they want to continue or not without losing much of the invested funds.
In view of the above, the waste water piping from the tanks to the drainage is not permanently fixed. This is for technical reason.

a. After the plumber had finished his job, tested the inflow and tank drain, he was paid off. During tank cleaning and preparation to stock, the participant discovered that the drainage where the waste water piping was channelled to couldn't accommodate the quantity of water being discharged.
Since the piping from the tank outlet was not permanently fixed, the participant was able to redirect the entire discharge pipes to another drainage point by himself.
The test running of the facility water inflow and outflow was carried out, and confirmed ready for usage.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by champeeon(m): 7:39pm On Mar 09, 2019
bilag17:

Thank you very much.
It might interest you to note, that the Batch 19Q3 is a special program for the entire household or the family. This is meant to provide fish for participant's home to have enough fish for different delicacies during the December 2019 festivities. Mobilisation is expected to be in July/August, to enable harvesting from December onwards.
Nice one
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 1:21pm On Apr 09, 2019
Piping And Water Challenges

b. According to the participant, all necessary pre-stocking activities had been successfully carried out, and the tank prepared for stocking. The following day after stocking, the participant was to change the water, opened the tank drain, and no water came out. You can imagine a new farmer, happy to receive his first batch of fishes, looking forward to a hitch free operation, having this serious challenge. The plumber promised to come to his aid after a call. When he waited for a long time, not seeing the plumber called his number again. Alas, the plumber had switched off his phone. The participant, then called in for advice on the way out.

Solution
The facility has three 1000 Litres tanks for the project. There was water in the second tank already. The tank outlet was tested to be flowing perfectly well, even with the inserted screening device. This participant had his first lesson to be experienced - movement of the fishes from one tank to the other. This is a very serious lesson for someone who had never touched a fish before. All the fishes were successfully moved without any casualties or modalities. The blocked tank was rectified - the plumber made a mistake.

The Experience
This experience made the participant look forward to sort his fishes, which he did ahead of the entire batch group, a week after stocking. Sorting the fishes into other tanks also enhance the growth of the fishes and makes the management easier.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 12:06pm On Apr 27, 2019
BATCH 19Q2 DELIVERY UPDATE
The fishes for this batch just passed the stage 3 (out of 5) of the quality control screening. The delivery has been rescheduled to middle of May ( or before). Please bear with us. All the efforts are towards getting you the best seed.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 11:43am On May 04, 2019
Batch 19Q2 Fishes and Feeds Mobilisation / Delivery

Participants for the second batch of the 2019 Free Catfish Farming Training, and those who paid for Jumbo/ Special fishes and feed, are to collect them at Ogba, Ijaiye in Ifako Local Government Area of Lagos, on Saturday 18th of May 2019, by 9.00am.

Contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp /call for further information.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 3:51pm On May 19, 2019
Batch 19Q2 Successfully Delivered

Participants for B19Q2 were completely mobilized on Saturday 18th of May, 2019.

If interested, Batch 19Q3 is in the making for 5 participants. Register now.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by kashtanyi(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2019
Am a youth corper,serving in one of the school on the mainland.... I was asked to plan a school trip to any fish farm around isolo or not far from isolo....I don't if you can recommend any for me...
This is my WhatsApp number 08035708702
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 6:25am On May 22, 2019
kashtanyi:
Am a youth corper,serving in one of the school on the mainland.... I was asked to plan a school trip to any fish farm around isolo or not far from isolo....I don't if you can recommend any for me...
This is my WhatsApp number 08035708702
I don't know of any catfish farm around that axis. You can search for catfish farms in Isolo on Google to see the one nearest to your school.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 11:14am On Jun 07, 2019
Free Training Schedule for 2019

Free Training For Youth and Women
Batch 19Q1 (January-March) IMPLEMENTED
Batch 19Q4 (October -December) 5 Participants

Free Training For Others (General)
Batch 19Q2 (April -June) IMPLEMENTED

Free Training For Family (Food Support)
Batch 19Q3 (July-September) 5 Participants

Please note that participants will be given 50 Free Juveniles or Jumbo (Specials) catfish, while feeds to be used during the training period shall be at the participants expense, which is minimal, thus being the essence of the training. Raising table size catfish with minimal feed cost.

For further details and participation, contact 0802-334-0270 whatsapp /call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by noblealuu: 8:10am On Jun 12, 2019
exco90:

here. the market is infuriated with fish reared with fertilizer.. they sell at ridiculous prices.. there fishes are big.. we can't compete with them.. am not saying that I don't want to feed my fishes again.. am just bringing to you guys notice.. we sell 1kg for 900Hundred here.. but they sell at 5 hundred.. bigger than ours.. we ve been running our farm for the past 6 years.. buyers have stopped patronising us.. they now buy from aboki.. their fishes are bigger and cheaper than ours.. I feed them with foreign feed.. money is not the problem here.. but just want to know the secret behind their short cut.. we can't compete with them again..

I once told those eleja that our fish is better.. that we feed them organically that no fertilizer and safe for consumption . but they said they are not after that.. they are after the sizes and prices.. buyers prefer fish with big head.. ( those that eat pepper soup)

I have organic feed that will give you desired result as cheaper price compared to the so-called foreign feeds. The Crude protein is 42%.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 9:34am On Jun 12, 2019
noblealuu:

I have organic feed that will give you desired result as cheaper price compared to the so-called foreign feeds. The Crude protein is 42%.

Welcome, please can you share the composition of your organic feed? Does it meet the standard nutritional requirements of catfish?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by noblealuu: 1:59pm On Jun 12, 2019
bilag17:

Welcome, please can you share the composition of your organic feed? Does it meet the standard nutritional requirements of catfish?

Compositions:
Moisture content 09
Crude Protein 42
Crude Fibre. 5.6
Crude Fat. 8.4
Ash. 11
NFE. 24
Sum 100%

It is a floating feed.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 8:11am On Jun 13, 2019
@noblealuu,
1. Are you a practicing catfish farmer?
2. Are there farms where this your product have been tested?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by noblealuu: 10:13am On Jun 13, 2019
bilag17:
@noblealuu,
1. Are you a practicing catfish farmer?
2. Are there farms where this your product have been tested?

Yes!

Reach me on WhatsApp Zero7zero34348791. Products are tested and proven. FIIRO certified.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by exco90(m): 4:50pm On Jun 24, 2019
noblealuu:

na where you dey stay?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by noblealuu: 7:47pm On Jun 24, 2019
exco90:

na where you dey stay?

Lagos.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by Adschobiz(f): 6:44pm On Jun 25, 2019
noblealuu:

How much is your feed,and what size is it?
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by noblealuu: 7:36pm On Jun 25, 2019
Adschobiz:

How much is your feed,and what size is it?

N370/kg

Size: different mm.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2019
Registration of participants for Batch 19Q3 Training and fish requests closes on Saturday 29th June 2019. Delivery is scheduled for August 2019.

For further information contact 08023340270 WhatsApp/ call.
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
Marketing Your Growout Catfish
If you regularly have table size catfish to sell, this information is for your benefit.
I'm creating a platform for Catfish Table-size retail / outlet sales points
If interested please send Contact gsm and sales point / farm location (e.g. 0809xxxxxxx; Badagry) to 0802-334-0270 WhatsApp, with tag: "Market Fish "
Re: Free Catfish Farming (Training) Mobilisation by bilag17(m): 10:10pm On Jul 12, 2019
Our New Fish Feed Extruder

Having used our tested Local pelletized (sinking) feeds for many years, with very satisfactory results, we are upgrading to the production of Local Floating Feeds, using our tested feed formulations, and the newly purchased Fish Feed Extruder, which is being installed.

1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Agriculture: Isi-Uzo Can Feed Enugubl State, Create Jobs - Sani Friday Nnaji / 'KING HUMUS PLUS' Is A Soil Conditioner And Plant Growth Stimulant For All Crops / Diary Of A Sheep Farmer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.