Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,137 members, 7,835,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:21 PM

Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos (32818 Views)

Pictures Of Elephant Tusks Worth ₦22.3 Billion Intercepted In Lagos / Kano Hisbah Board Destroys 30 Trailer Loads Of Beer / Two Ladies Accused Of Lesbianism In Kano, Exonerated By Hisbah Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by wink2015(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
Tanko Yakassai is turning blind eyes to Hisbah corp activities.

But he will be granting newspapers interview accusing southerners of ganging up against the north.

But Hisbah corp that is enforcing alcohol regulations is a violation of the Nigerian constitution.

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by asawanathegreat(m): 7:58pm On Sep 20, 2018
Dey don't need beer but dey codeine
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by VolvoS60(m): 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
undecided

I need someone to explain to me so I can understand more

Some states in Nigeria adopted religious law as state law - in a multireligious federal republic

These same states have religious police who destroy alcoholic drinks in the process of enforcing said religious law...

And yet in this same federal republic, states who recently passed anti-grazing laws are being pressured to repeal these anti-grazing laws or "there will be no peace".

"He who has ears, let him hear..."

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by EggSauce(m): 7:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
F
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by PrickGetSize(m): 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
Buhari2019:
Good development
You be donkey. Beer wey dem suppose dash boys naim you dey say Good development. Rada rada oshi.

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Roger3D(m): 8:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
delugajackson:
Hypocrisy is when you think that beer is a sin but you share in the proceeds of "sin".

Just look at those innocent bottles lying helplessly on the ground and tell me if this isn't injustice. After sharing 3% VAT from these drinks, you now go beserk at the sight them? Talk about hypocrisy. These same hypocritical lots go about abusing Tramadol, Arabic gum, Codeine and all sorts of rubbish, they kidnap young girls for marriage and they think its not Haram, but drinking beer is Haram. These people are mad.
I know this consignment belongs to one bloody drug dealer ibo man. Bloody crooks na by force to drink beer?
cc LZAA the drug man grin
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
But dem dey follow chop inside VAT derived from consumption of alcoholic beverages in other states, and even some areas of that same Kano where dem power no reach e.g. barracks, sabongari, etc.
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by lakesider(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2018
This storey na lai lai...
Stout bottle with many other product in picture... Nigerians need sense
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Nobody: 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
grin
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by BabaO2: 8:06pm On Sep 20, 2018
No wonder tramadol usage is high in the northern part, they are too holier than thou. Today is Thursday, there will be influx of Saudi Arabia nationals in Dubai to drink beer and f..

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by dazzlingd(m): 8:08pm On Sep 20, 2018
How long should this intolerance be allowed to persist. You cannot impose your views on others, you don't drink then let whoever likes drinking drink. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by VolvoS60(m): 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
Since the hisbah claim to have the force of law backing their activities, it is up to states whose indigenes have been hurt by the hisbah's activities to fight back - using the law. Why is it that the states who tax Nigerian Breweries, Guinness etc. haven't taken sharia states to court compelling a refund on federally collected VAT revenues derived from brewers of alcoholic drinks?

I'll tell you why.

The sharia states and their backers (internal and external) are serious minded people. They are resolute in what they want to achieve and they have the staying power to see a battle to the end. Anyone remember Firdaus Asmau - the law school student who took on the establishment - and won?

That is what it means to be resolute. So while some people dissipate their energy with impotent online insults, the sharia movement is gaining strength and momentum, with quiet and not so quiet victories.

By the time prey sees the cheetah charging down, it is usually too late...

2 Likes

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by ifymadu: 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
FarahAideed:
Yet they will share in VAT from this same beer
Don’t mind the blood sucking hypocrites. Killing innocent people and looting is not sin o.

3 Likes

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Sharpshooota: 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2018
ikennaf1:
I hate armed robbery, but whenever my armed robber neighbors come back from any operation, I rush in and take my share. Sometimes I even forcefully demand it. I really don't know what to do with myself anymore because I'm such a hypocrite.
This weighs me down because I really really hate the sight of guns and matchetes, but I just can't stop myself from sharing in the loot that those guns and matchetes gave forth.

Nice one

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Awoo88: 8:12pm On Sep 20, 2018
This one na eye service. Probably to get some grant from Islamic country. Beer is sold in Kano and it is not limited to Sabin gari
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by positivethought: 8:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
CastedDude:
The Kano State Hisbah Board generally referred to as the Muslim religious police or morality police- confiscated over 12 million bottles of beer from importers of the commodity in the state within the last seven years. 

The Board’s Commander General, Sheik Aminu Daurawa, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Kano on Thursday before the detsruction of some confiscated beer bottles. 

Daurawa said that the board was able to intercept the commodity in 800 operations carried out by its Enforcement unit across the 44 local government areas of the state.

“As you know, the Penal Code Amendment Law of 2004, No 4, Section 401, prohibits throughout the state manufacture, distillation, possession and disposal. “The law also prohibits, haulage, consumption of all brand of intoxicating liquors, trade sprits and any other intoxicating substance,’’ Daurawa said.

He said the operations which were part of efforts to ensure compliance with the law, had also led to arrest of a number of vehicles used by the suspects in bringing the illegal commodity into the state. 

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/09/hisbah-board-intercepts-12m-bottles-of-beer-destroys-them-in-kano.html
Going by the constitution of Nigeria is the HISBAH a legal organization?, if the hisbah are carrying out law enforcement in kano n other northern states without problem then why can't Benue have her livestock guards to enforce the anti open grazing law?,why are the Fulani's causing so much problems in the state because of the law?,its now clear that the core northern Hausa/Fulani Muslims takes the other parts of the country for fools especially now with the support of bigoted,nepotistic n fundamentalist buhari who is doing everything to protect n pursue their parochial obnoxious agenda, this is the exact reasons why buhari is so much fanatically supported in the far north despite his incompetence n emptiness, it's clearly explains why urbane nationalistic n dynamic progressive fellows like Atiku,saraki etc who certainly not been perfect but much better than buhari will not be allowed to enjoy strong followership in the north using all means propaganda, intimidations,coercion,fraud etc.

3 Likes

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by AdorableJosh(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Congrats to them, confused set of people, morality police indeed. I'm sorry to say this being that it is a generalisation, but Northerners are the ones dragging us back in this country with their way of archaic thinking.

2 Likes

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by emperorblog(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
delugajackson:
Hypocrisy is when you think that beer is a sin but you share in the proceeds of "sin".

Just look at those innocent bottles lying helplessly on the ground and tell me if this isn't injustice. After sharing 3% VAT from these drinks, you now go beserk at the sight them? Talk about hypocrisy. These same hypocritical lots go about abusing Tramadol, Arabic gum, Codeine and all sorts of rubbish, they kidnap young girls for marriage and they think its not Haram, but drinking beer is Haram. These people are mad.

are u minding them. they are d most backward set of people in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Chukazu: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2018
But they collect tax from breweries?
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by JudasNaCarrot: 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2018
Buhari2019:
Good development
Animal.....

2 Likes

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Otunba2004(m): 8:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
delugajackson:

Northerners is our problem in Nigeria my brother.

3 Likes

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Egein(m): 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2018
They should also destroy:
1. Trucks of codeine
2. Trucks of tramadol
3. Religion-encouraged paedophilia
4. Corrupt elites
5. Poverty

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 20, 2018
Hypocrisy
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by jaytee01(m): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
delugajackson:

U dey mind those cows undecided
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 20, 2018
In the first place, why should there be a religious law in any part of a country that has diverse religions, culture and language?

Why can't the Nigerian constitution overrule any state law that has a bigoted foundation? Should Christian laws also be promulgated and enforced in the south to make northerners feel like minorities, foreigners and victimized in their own country? Cos that's how Sharia makes non-muslims and Southerners feel in states like Kano.

Why did Obj not quench the fire when Sani started the overzealousness back then? No matter, this sharia thing will eventually be repealed - along with other elements of injustice in the Nigerian state when the time comes.
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by kingkhan(m): 8:48pm On Sep 20, 2018
delugajackson:

you are very stupid. you have no respect for your father.
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by kingkhan(m): 8:49pm On Sep 20, 2018
Quidquopro:

Don't mind them.
Hypocrites!
must we allow them to sell them t in our land? let them go back to their villages and sell it there
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by freecocoa(f): 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Yet somehow, it’s morally okay to f1nger a child of 5, Ngwanu, una Weldone o.
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by freecocoa(f): 8:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
kingkhan:
you are very stupid. you have no respect for your father.
But he is only saying the truth na, why are you so angry? cry

1 Like

Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by nokatakata: 8:54pm On Sep 20, 2018
they can destroy beer but when you tell them to allow restructuring and let every state generate money for themselves, they will start crying and shivering. You think alcohol is bad but don't think phucking underage girls is terrible.
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by sugarbeesmith(m): 8:59pm On Sep 20, 2018
ikennaf1:
I hate armed robbery, but whenever my armed robber neighbors come back from any operation, I rush in and take my share. Sometimes I even forcefully demand it. I really don't know what to do with myself anymore because I'm such a hypocrite.
This weighs me down because I really really hate the sight of guns and matchetes, but I just can't stop myself from sharing in the loot that those guns and matchetes gave forth.
the day wey police go napp ur neighbors..I sure say u sef na gona too...keep enjoying proceeds
Re: Hisbah Board Destroys Trucks Of Beer Intercepted In Kano State. Photos by Shampoo77: 9:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
Yet they will collect their share of taxes from the same beer from the federal account. What a decit call Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Zambian Lady Burns Down The House After Her Husband Impregnated Another Lady / Man Arrested For Raping His 7-months-old Step-daughter / Sex Workers Rain Curses On Anambra Govt Over Demolished Shanties

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.