Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,033 members, 7,835,498 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School (53689 Views)

Mikel Obi Gushes Over His Twin Daughters At The Beach (Photos) / Mikel Obi Cooks For His Twin Daughters, Ava & Mia On Their 5th Birthday / Mikel Obi Pictured With His Twin Daughters As He Takes His Family On A Lunch Dat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Ellapana: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2018
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Arkmanbuddy(m): 8:31am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

Russia is partly in Europe and partly in Asia.

Infact, Russia is a very diverse and multi ethnic country. And it includes many ethnicites that are 'Asian' like...Tartars, Mongols, even Koreans!

(When the Soviet Union existed,it was even more diverse!....Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Kirgizs,etc...and many of those former nationalities live in Russia too).

Even many of those European Russians have a bit of Asian in their ancestry.....just read about the Mongol invasions centuries ago.

That Russia seems European is thanks to Peter the Great in the 18th century modernising the country.

The Mongols, Tartars and Koreans you mentioned migrated into the country, they were not foundational settlers in the country. Is Brazil an African country though it has a majority black population of about 54%? What about the US? The white majority Russians are foundational settlers in the country.
The Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Kirziks are still Europeans not Asians. So Russia is by every means a European nation. Its only by virtue of its size that it cuts into much of Asia.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by myself13: 8:31am On Sep 21, 2018
Ezechinwa:

If you love Nigeria, say no to tribalism!!!
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by candygist: 8:35am On Sep 21, 2018
Eke40seven:

70-77% of Russia's Landmass lies in Asia actually, but around 77% of the people are ethnic Russians, the rest are mostly Mongoloids (ethnic Koreans, Tatars) and central Asians (Kazakhs, Uzbeks).... That's why Russians are called Euroasians. Surprised? Yeah! They are unique... That's why in most cases except for sports events, etc they don't align with Europe politically, rather they rival the EU countries or just stay on their own.

If you are been asked in exam or interview you better pick Europe and stop this big grammar . We are talking of the precent and not the past .
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by bigtt76(f): 8:48am On Sep 21, 2018
I hope Seun has given you the prize for exhibiting your profound excellence in insulting people upandan. I asked a question and I did not ask you. Please next time do not mention me ok? angry

Awol1:

I bet you never heard of a terminology called "Euroasia". That is a country that's both European and Asian. And only Russia qualifies.

I bet you never knew Russia is so large that it's both in Asia and Europe. Hope you also know it shares boundary with America in Alaska.

Now go hide your dumb face in the mud.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 21, 2018
whether past or presently, rusia still lies on two continent. That is why she is called euroasia. Drop your rotten ego, research and learn. In terms of an exam as someone just pointed out, an intelligent lecturer wil put both option as the right answer to choose. Rusia will forever be eurasia.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by domido(m): 8:51am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

Infact, Russia is a very diverse and multi ethnic country. And it includes many ethnicites that are 'Asian' like...Tartars, Mongols, even Koreans!

(When the Soviet Union existed,it was even more diverse!....Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Kirgizs,etc...and many of those former nationalities live in Russia too).

Even many of those European Russians have a bit of Asian in their ancestry.....just read about the Mongol invasions centuries ago.

That Russia seems European is thanks to Peter the Great in the 18th century modernising the country.
Thank you for the information. I'm still going to verify it though.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Eke40seven(m): 8:56am On Sep 21, 2018
candygist:

If you are been asked in exam or interview you better pick Europe and stop this big grammar . We are talking of the precent and not the past .
Nigerians and ignorance, so you think a country can't be geographically in two continents?
A simple Google search would reveal that Russia is called Euroasia in physical geography. Only an ignorant examiner would set this question with just one answer except it's a trick question.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by domido(m): 8:59am On Sep 21, 2018
From my research, I found out you are right.

Although the biggest country in the world predominantly lies beyond the Ural Mountains its population is concentrated in Europe to a great extent. Around 75 percent of Russians live in the European part of the country with vast spaces of Siberia and the Far East still generally underpopulated due to the harsh climate.
As Vladimir Kolosov, president of the International Geographical Union, told Russia Beyond, “the population in Russia there [in its Asian part] stands at two people per square kilometer.” The two biggest cities (Moscow and St. Petersburg) also are in Europe, as well as all federal authorities so many claim the European part is more important. On the other hand, it’s Asia where the most natural resources are concentrated, so it’s not wise to underestimate its importance.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by candygist: 8:59am On Sep 21, 2018
Eke40seven:

Nigerians and ignorance, so you think a country can't be geographically in two continents?
A simple Google search would reveal that Russia is called Euroasia in physical geography. Only an ignorant examiner would set this question with just one answer except it's a trick question.

What are you saying . If you check the world map Russia is located in Europe ..what are you arguing for God sake ?
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2018
If you drop your ego and learn what you were not aware of before, it wont make you less of a man nor less intelligent. No man knows it all, that is why the good book said, iron shapeneth iron. We are here to learn from each other. So surrender that smelling pride of yours and learn.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2018
bigtt76:
I hope Seun has given you the prize for exhibiting your profound excellence in insulting people upandan. I asked a question and I did not ask you. Please next time do not mention me ok? angry

You forgot you quoted me?
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Demonicide(f): 9:03am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

I know this is what you will write to defend yourself.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 21, 2018
candygist:

What present please?

Has Russia stopped being in Asia?

Why can't you just keep shut and learn?
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by candygist: 9:08am On Sep 21, 2018
Awol1:

What present please?

Has Russia stopped being in Asia?

Why can't you just keep shut and learn?

Can you please show me the world map. Seems you know too much .
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by dreamland24: 9:13am On Sep 21, 2018
kennygee:

Cause Mikel is playing for a Chinese club or because you don't know your geography?
Please ask him ooooo
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by biosystech: 9:23am On Sep 21, 2018
candygist:

What are you saying . If you check the world map Russia is located in Europe ..what are you arguing for God sake ?
Russia lies on two continents ie Europe and Asia and not one. People have corrected you earlier on this.

I've taken the pains to produce the map here. Notice how it lies also on the Asian continent and how China, Japan et al are beneath it on the map. Along the European territory are countries like Finland Hungary etc bordering it.

It also somewhat shares border with North America, USA to be precise and just a body of water separating both countries. (leaving out the fact that Alaska was once a Russian territory till it was sold to USA).

theoldpretender:

You know your history. smiley

Changing usernames again are we?

Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Afonja007: 10:00am On Sep 21, 2018
Awol1:

I bet you never heard of a terminology called "Euroasia". That is a country that's both European and Asian. And only Russia qualifies.

I bet you never knew Russia is so large that it's both in Asia and Europe. Hope you also know it shares boundary with America in Alaska.

are you telling me about russia or your telling somebody in nasarawa about russia?
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by candygist: 10:12am On Sep 21, 2018
biosystech:
Russia lies on two continents ie Europe and Asia and not one. People have corrected you earlier on this.

I've taken the pains to produce the map here. Notice how it lies also on the Asian continent and how China, Japan et al are beneath it on the map. Along the European territory are countries like Finland Hungary etc bordering it.

It also somewhat shares border with North America, USA to be precise and just a body of water separating both countries. (leaving out the fact that Alaska was once a Russian territory till it was sold to USA).

You know your history. smiley

Changing usernames again are we?

Russia is more of an European country than Asian ..even in sport activities Russia partake in European competitions and not Asia .
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by collins011(m): 10:26am On Sep 21, 2018
bigtt76:
How are they Asian? Russia is not in Asia or are they? undecided

My dear, Russia is in Asia o, I live in China and were I live is just 1 hour train to the border between Russian and China
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by berryford: 10:52am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender:

Yea that was why he named st petersburg after him
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2018
Afonja007:
are you telling me about russia or your telling somebody in nasarawa about russia?

I'm telling you.

Any reason why I shouldn't tell you?
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2018
collins011:

My dear, Russia is in Asia o, I live in China and were I live is just 1 hour train to the border between Russian and China

Please educate them pls
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by LeSulk(m): 10:59am On Sep 21, 2018
theoldpretender

I get this feeling people don't agree with you cause of Russia's UEFA membership (Middle Eastern country like Israel has one too) . If only they could just swallow their pride for a second and do some research. No one has the monopoly of knowledge. If you see anything that challenges what you once considered as fact, the best you can do is to do a research. We learn everyday and that's why I once loved NL until it went to the dogs.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by JamesTPhillips: 11:00am On Sep 21, 2018
cheesy
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by VictorRomanov: 12:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
Awol1:

Must you insult me to make your point? I know Russian is very large it has boundaries with USA and China. And I also know countries like Turkey and Azerbaijan are Eurasian countries, but the point here is Mikel's daughters and not geography.

Your insulting me says more about you than it says anything about me.

I won't come down to your level.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Eke40seven(m): 12:31pm On Sep 21, 2018
candygist:

Did you study geography or any geography related course, if you didn't then please do some research before putting up any arguement. I don't think you know how to read a map, check your map again, and check if you can tell me what divides Asia from Europe.

Now some geography lessons.

In the strict terms of what a continent is, there is no defining water body that separates Europe from Asia, it's a continuous landmass known as "EUROASIA". Ever heard of it? So TECHNICALLY Europe and Asia are NOT separate continent.
However, there is an ARBITRARY line that has historically been used to divide the two continents. And this is the Ural Mountains. Now the landmass west of the Ural is in Europe, while that on the east is Asian.

In the past, Russia was so vast their country extended to North America (Alaska) before the US purchased it. Till today, Russia has a maritime boundary with the USA. Surprised?

Now these are some of the Russian borders.

CHINA, NORTH KOREA, MONGOLIA, AZERBAIJAN, KAZAHKSTAN, JAPAN (waters).

Another country in a similar state is Turkey, their largest city, Istanbul lies in Europe, while their capital is in Asia. They are EURASIAN.

They are called TRANSCONTINENTAL..
Egypt is also transcontinental, Afro-Asian because a very small part of it is after the Suez canal which divides Africa from Asia and that's why they are very important in the Israel Palestinian dispute because they have a land border there. But most don't really think of them as that because that part in Asia is reallynot so big compared to the size of the country.

Now, check all the emboldened words... They are very important terms.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
VictorRomanov:

Must you insult me to make your point? I know Russian is very large it has boundaries with USA and China. And I also know countries like Turkey and Azerbaijan are Eurasian countries, but the point here is Mikel's daughters and not geography.

Your insulting me says more about you than it says anything about me.

I won't come down to your level.

Well you can't come to my level because my level is up and not down.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Eke40seven(m): 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
Arkmanbuddy:

The Mongols, Tartars and Koreans you mentioned migrated into the country, they were not foundational settlers in the country. Is Brazil an African country though it has a majority black population of about 54%? What about the US? The white majority Russians are foundational settlers in the country.
The Uzbeks, Kazakhs, Kirziks are still Europeans not Asians. So Russia is by every means a European nation. Its only by virtue of its size that it cuts into much of Asia.
Do a lil research mate, Kazakhs and Kyrgyzs look significantly different from Europeans. You can tell they are Asians. Most of them look very Mongoloid, or a but indo Europeans with very strong Mongoloid features. While the Uzbeks are definitely have a very Turkic look with some slightly less obvious mongoloid features than the other two.
Everybody migrated at some point but most people there are indigenous to that area, if there is mass migration, then it has to the the ethnic Slavic Russians who lead the country now.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2018
Eke40seven:

Do a lil research mate, Kazakhs and Kyrgyzs look significantly different from Europeans. You can tell they are Asians. Most of them look very Mongoloid, or a but indo Europeans with very strong Mongoloid features. While the Uzbeks are definitely have a very Turkic look with some slightly less obvious mongoloid features than the other two.
Everybody migrated at some point but most people there are indigenous to that area, if there is mass migration, then it has to the the ethnic Slavic Russians who lead the country now.

I understand you perfectly, but I'd have you know that these minorities you mentioned were not in Russia until about 500-600 years ago. The land had always been occupied by Caucasians. Geographically, Russia is bordered by these nations and it makes sense that they occupy parts of Russia.
It would make no sense to opine that the minorities got there before the whites without passing through Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, etc since there are no genetic or historical traces of Caucasians living there.

I just hope you understand my point. God bless you.
Re: Mikel Obi Proud Of His Twin Daughters As They Resume At New School by bjornl: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
Arkmanbuddy:

The majority of Brazilians are white and mixed race.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

TB Joshua Warns Messi Against Leaving Barcelona / Alex Iwobi Hangouts With His Uncle Okocha, Nigerians React / Super Eagles Keeper Nwabili Returns Back To His South Africa Club Chippa United

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.