Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano - Music Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano (17743 Views)

Learn How To Play The Keyboard/piano For Free / Learn How To Play The Keyboard And Guitar Within 2months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 1:33pm On Feb 12, 2007
Playing the cord is what i havent thought of yet. But i'll get there soon wink

I cant go learning music now but am going to take my lessons one step at a time cheesy
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by smartsoft(m): 1:58pm On Feb 12, 2007
Hey abraham labo, is dead now so ?
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Wilfem(m): 6:25pm On Feb 12, 2007
May Abraham's soul rest in perfect peace.
You can get to know and learn more about playing the keyboard on this site; www.hearandplay.com
It's very interesting.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Olumide7(m): 7:49am On Feb 13, 2007
@Lioness, Determination is the main key in playing piano. I've been playing Piano for 14 years now. Started playing since I was 6. At that age, it was quite difficult to master finger placements but I was determined. After learning for four months, I played in a concert. And today, I'm a professional Jazz Pianist. Play as many times a day as possible listen to cd's and you'll be fine. I still buy a lot of materials and softwares on piano and practice as much as possible. Piano Mastering is a continuous process. Good Luck!!

1 Like

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by hola2ng(m): 9:03am On Feb 13, 2007
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 10:09am On Feb 13, 2007
@olumide7

Your so right. Determination is what i need.
So you play that well smiley wish i could.
Maybe u could attach something u've played.
I'd really love to hear it smiley
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by UncleCnn(m): 2:54pm On Feb 13, 2007
  yeh!!!!!!!!! I thought it's simple but you guys don put fear and courage inside my chest.
My New Resolutions:
1. I must get a keyboard, no matter how small (oh! I wish there were box keyboard, just like boxguiter).
  2. I must practice always, if possible forfeit my meals (don't laugh cos i'm desperate)
[i][/i][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 10:50am On Feb 14, 2007
lol grin

This na serious determination oh
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by natur(m): 1:11pm On Feb 15, 2007
Hello fellow countrymen,

I think I've just entered a forum that will suit my heart desire. I so much believe in the eight letters of the musical notes, and would like to get much more in touch with y'all. To the author Lioness, I'd like to be competitive as I'm also a beginner, though everything is on my own. And to the folks like smartsoft and macalurs -- who think they are already on a good level of feat -- I bet you will be of help. One love to this thread or circle.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 1:46pm On Feb 15, 2007
@natur,

Ur welcome. Wanna compete huh? cheesy
Bring it on grin
How long have u been on the keyboard?
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Icon(m): 9:25am On Mar 10, 2007
smartsoft:

Hey abraham labo, is dead now so ?

Where on earth did you get that? That's a total fallacy! Please clarify your facts before posting.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by hotshawlng(m): 9:09pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hey Girl,

I could teach you to play the keyboard. Unfortunately, you are in the UK at the moment. Aren't you?
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by hotshawlng(m): 9:16pm On Feb 20, 2008
Hey all! Anyone who needs a music producer or needs to learn to play the keyboard should holler at me!
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by marthy(f): 7:07pm On Feb 21, 2008
Hi, nairalanders,i also wish 2 learn musical instrument. Not 4 any thing special just 4 the fun of it. Any good online tutor, i wil appreciate it. My email address is princessmarthy@yahoo.com
hotshawlng:

Hey Girl,

hotshawlng link=topic=4746.msg1978682#msg1978682 date=1203538590:

[b]Hey all! Anyone who needs a music producer or needs to learn to play the keyboard should holler at me!

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by hotshawlng(m): 8:44am On Feb 23, 2008
Hey Marthy, holler @ me! What's ur flavour? wink
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by deleson: 4:02pm On Jun 20, 2008
Hi nairalanders,

Am quite delighted getting to read from different types of keyboardist in this forum.

Well, am also a keyoardist (intermadiate student),i've played for like 5-6 years now and i back up any form of song both secular,gospel and a bit of classical.

My problem now is,i don't have a keypoard to practise with.

Please if you have any means of helping me,by providing with a keyboard,pls do.

Thanks.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by deleson: 4:54pm On Jul 02, 2008
Quite interesting topic to discuss.

Am also a keyboardist,although am a teenage yet i've played for like 6 years and my performance has been pretty amazing to those who know me.

But then,there is a problem am facing which am almost getting fed up with.The probs.is i don't a personal keyboard to practise with.Which means that for like 2 weeks,i might not touch the keyboard, and all hope to get one for myself for now is gloomy.

My passion for making a professional on keyboard still bothers me and i don't know how tto get it for now, please if any one has a fairly used keyboard or anyone to which i can always practise with,i will appreciate it,

Better still,if you know where i can always play the keyboard around lagos also hit me up.

Thanks.

drmfsltd=m-s-tow-d.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by markokriss: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2008
i really wish i culd
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by markokriss: 12:03am On Jul 06, 2008
i really wish i culd
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by deleson: 1:20pm On Jul 09, 2008
Quite interesting a topic to discuss.

Well am also a keyboardist,i've played for almost 6 years nad over these period i've acquired some skills which are indispensable.

Although am a teenager,yet i play as though am a old personality, But there is a problem am posed with now,which is almost taking all of my skills away from me, and that's the fact that i don't have a keyboard to always practice with.
At times, I might not play for 3 weeks which is quite bad, so pls if you can help me with a keyboard or if i can always come and practise with yours. thanks,
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by whitmilion: 12:18pm On Sep 06, 2008
There are several ways of getting piano lessons, a lot of them for free. One way is to go to Google.com and type piano lessons. Or you can contact me via my signature for free lessons.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by jobito: 9:57pm On Nov 18, 2010
You can learn how to play advanced chords, tritones and ditones here at http://www.better-playing..com
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by jennysamuel1: 4:38pm On Jun 29, 2013
am jennifer my email adress is jennysamuel1@yahoo.com. am interested in finding a piano teacher location enugu. please i need urgent assistance now thank you

2 Likes

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by samzeeee: 8:57pm On Mar 03, 2015
Please I need a free piano coaching site on the internet.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by ChynoBEATS: 2:47pm On Mar 10, 2015
lioness:
I have to learn to play the piano in just 2 months.Got to make a performance in easter. I just got a yamaha PSR -275. Apart from getting lessons, does anyone know any website where i can get materials on teach yourself piano?

Dear just go n get all this praise n worship Music books they do contain songs N piano keys .......

I got two 4rm my elder bro..... Am tryna get more sef.........

2ndly....... You've got guts o.... U can afford such type of keyboard shocked ....... U get Money O .....

Well I'm still @ the intermediate level .... It's been long since I've had time to practice buh the best time for me to practice is when I'm alone @home n "Midnight" when I wake by 3am ......

Wish you all the best dearie .... But note ... To be a good pianist u'll have to be patient
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by ChynoBEATS: 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
samzeeee:
Please I need a free piano coaching site on the internet.

Bro I've got a 7-12gb piano tutorial ... Wch is someHow not useful to me becos I don't really have time to play ...... Bros it's better u get a video than you reading a book....
Videos Cover a lot unlike books that only cover the basic level .... Try n get some via youtube
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by hamilton62(m): 11:45am On Aug 09, 2015
Missworld:
Hello dear, I'm sorry I don't have any help to offer but listen to the fellow members cos they are reasonable. I know that playing a keyboard(Piano) takes years of practices. It takes about 3 months to get comfortable with the finger placements. It's really not that easy especially when u have so little time. Nonetheless, I believe that one can do whatever he/she aspires for if they put there heart into it. So my dear, I believe that u will be close/there if u give it ur best.
it takes less than a month to learn hand placement dear though depends on your passion and time but 3hrs or 2hrs daily practice does the magic....
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by hamilton62(m): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2015
Olumide7:
@Lioness, Determination is the main key in playing piano. I've been playing Piano for 14 years now. Started playing since I was 6. At that age, it was quite difficult to master finger placements but I was determined. After learning for four months, I played in a concert. And today, I'm a professional Jazz Pianist. Play as many times a day as possible listen to cd's and you'll be fine. I still buy a lot of materials and softwares on piano and practice as much as possible. Piano Mastering is a continuous process. Good Luck!!
can we be in touch brother?
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by 123over: 12:47pm On Aug 12, 2015
[center][/center]NAMES OF KEYS ON THE KEYBOARD/PIANO

The Keyboard is usually made up of black notes and white notes, Arranged in the pattern of 2 black notes, 3 black notes.
The note before the 2 black notes is "C" and the note before the 3 black notes is "F" (There are many Cs and Fs on the Keyboard).
The names of keys on the Keyboard (all key instruments) are borrowed from the English alphabets From A,B,C,D,E,F,G. then A,B,C ...
Once you can get any key,like C or F,keep moving up or down the white notes following the English alphabets till you get to G, then start again
The black notes are called sharps(#) or flats(b) and got their names from the keys close to them.
Going to Your Right hand side, The black note next to a white note is the sharp(#) of that note (The black note after/next to C is C sharp (#)
Going to Your Left hand side, The black note next to a white note is the flat(b) of that note (The black note after/next to D is D flat (b)
One key can have a different name (C sharp(#) is the same key as D flat(b) )
There are "NO" E sharps(#) "NO" B sharps (#) on the Keyboard
There are "NO" F flats(b) "NO" C flats(b) on the Keyboard

For better understanding, please look at the pictures attached to this lesson.

My next lesson would be on chords (chord quality and chord quantity)

Thanks!

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Pianistsegz200(m): 10:18am On Aug 14, 2015
Watch out for my PIANO LESSONS FOR BEGINNERS DVD Coming out soon...Trust me it's going to be loaded with stuffs that will benefit both beginners and most intermediate. U can start calling for booking...+2347037367597, +2348110835146

Follow on Instagram @johnsonkeyz
Twitter : @johnsonkeyz
BlackBerry Pin: 2AC085D1
Mail: Johnsonkeyz2015@gmail.com,
Mail 2 : segunoluremi2011@yahoo.com
Facebook Page: https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=934404249903763&refid=52&ref=m_notif&notif_t=like&__tn__=C

Pls Rebroadcast

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Record Producer In Need Of Singers And Rappers / Whatsapp Group For Instrumentalists And Musicians. / Good News Kennis Music Finally Consider Helping New Artist Are U Intrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.