Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,824 members, 7,851,751 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 07:18 AM

Three Quarters Of Employers 'require 2:1 Degree' - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Three Quarters Of Employers 'require 2:1 Degree' (625 Views)

Who Is The Choice Of Employers: A Good Employee Or Close Customer? / Are Online Professional Courses Recognised By Prospective Employers? / Worst 2012 Employers, Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Three Quarters Of Employers 'require 2:1 Degree' by ayomifull(f): 7:17pm On Jul 06, 2010
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/education/10506798.stm

This is happening in UK now i wonder what is happening in Nigeria in this regard. Any hope for 'people like us'?

According to one of the respondents

James, Welwyn Garden City, England

It's bad for graduates in the UK but it's even worse for international students. It is next to impossible to find a job after spending close to £50,000 on a degree - there's always a problem with getting a job with a post study work visa. I am ashamed to say that I was fooled into coming to England to progress in life and like many other educated people I am fleeing this country for better opportunities.

I wonder what effect this will have on foreigners especially when, according to that report, about two thirds of students achieve either a first class degree or a 2:1 and an average of 69 people are now chasing each graduate job.
Re: Three Quarters Of Employers 'require 2:1 Degree' by DisGuy: 8:25pm On Jul 06, 2010
The effect of recession

people should always be prepared for change, an already competitive market made ultra competitive by the recession
Re: Three Quarters Of Employers 'require 2:1 Degree' by aieromon(m): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2010
Its now down to survival of the fittest.
Remember the Boys Scout motto. . . .
Re: Three Quarters Of Employers 'require 2:1 Degree' by AjanleKoko: 10:17pm On Jul 06, 2010

(1) (Reply)

Training In India / Should I Take The Job? / I Want Read Economics I Need A Mentor Pls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.