Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,352 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Murano And It's Gearbox Problems - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Murano And It's Gearbox Problems (1435 Views)

Common Car Gearbox Problems: Gears Slipping / Nissan Murano 2003 Won't Throttle / Venza Or Crosstour Or Murano Or Santa Fe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by Alexgbodi: 4:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
Afternoon Sirs/Ma, I love Murano cars but someone told me not to buy First generation Murano cars from 2003 to 2007. He said I should buy from 2008 to 2014 models because of the gearbox problems associated with first generation Murano Cars. Please, how true is this assertion. Thanks
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by Kashif(m): 5:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
It is true. The computers contribute to the issues many times.
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by weyreypey: 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
Alexgbodi:
Afternoon Sirs/Ma, I love Murano cars but someone told me not to buy First generation Murano cars from 2003 to 2007. He said I should buy from 2008 to 2014 models because of the gearbox problems associated with first generation Murano Cars. Please, how true is this assertion. Thanks
Cc
Costee
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by oblo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
cheesy cheesy leme park here first
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by Alexgbodi: 11:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
Kashif:
It is true. The computers contribute to the issues many times.
How. Are the second generation of Murano cars okay?
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by diportivo: 3:29am On Sep 22, 2018
oblo:
cheesy cheesy leme park here first

even after the abro episode,ur Murano is still waxing strong

and here we are,getting unnecessary heart ache cos of the same brand grin
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by Crixie(m): 9:35am On Sep 22, 2018
Alexgbodi:
Murano and many other Nissan cars are excellent cars.Just stay away from " all oil na oil " crew, abro n seahorse people and under informed /ignorant auto mechanics.

1 Like

Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by weyreypey: 9:47am On Sep 22, 2018
Crixie:

Murano and many other Nissan cars are excellent cars.Just stay away from " all oil na oil " crew, abro n seahorse people and under informed /ignorant auto mechanics.
I don't believe you. Abro and seahorse doing just great
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by Crixie(m): 9:50am On Sep 22, 2018
weyreypey:

Ok
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by oblo(m): 11:09am On Sep 22, 2018
weyreypey:

Yes we know.. Try am for murano transmission na.

PLEASE ALWAYS USE MANUFACTURERS RECOMMENDED FLUIDS FOR YOUR AUTOMOBILES.
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by oblo(m): 11:15am On Sep 22, 2018
diportivo:

even after the abro episode,ur Murano is still waxing strong

and here we are,getting unnecessary heart ache cos of the same brand grin

Seriously speaking my murano still baffles me till date. I don rock am sotay my god sons dey come carry go use bring am back no stories. That ride I dey call am pickup.

5yrs plus and still on same engine and transmission. Engine still drips water although it's started smoking on startup and I know why that is. Once it clears na Onward! It's clocked 304,000 kilometers and counting. Still does Enugu to Lagos and back without a cough nonstop.. Did I mention Ac blasting to and fro? grin..

Treat your ride and in this case the murano right and it would serve you.

Yes its a 2004 Nissan Murano. VQ35

2 Likes

Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by TRYGO(m): 11:37am On Sep 22, 2018
Nissan/Murano vehicles to me, are cool.

From my experience, it appears Nissans are more somewhat ahead of the game in terms of complexity(pls don't ask me what that means).
I own an infinity V8 sedan, that I bought from a client of mine.

When I got the car, I replaced the existing transmission fluids in there, with ONLY Nissan recommended transmission fluid (Martin J), which costs a lot.

Have you ever wondered y those vehicles don't get transmission system problems abroad?

They use only recommended transmission fluids for replacement, and not any other one.

If you're considering buying that car, try as much as possible to give a competent mechanic only for the fixes.

Regards,
Joseph

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by weyreypey: 11:38am On Sep 22, 2018
oblo:

Seriously speaking my murano still baffles me till date. I don rock am sotay my god sons dey come carry go use bring am back no stories. That ride I dey call am pickup.

5yrs plus and still on same engine and transmission. Engine still drips water although it's started smoking on startup and I know why that is. Once it clears na Onward! It's clocked 304,000 kilometers and counting. Still does Enugu to Lagos and back without a cough nonstop.. Did I mention Ac blasting to and fro? grin..

Treat your ride and in this case the murano right and it would serve you.

Yes its a 2004 Nissan Murano. VQ35

Try seahorse or abro in the transmission. Don't bother thanking me
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by Yeecar(m): 10:30am On Sep 23, 2018
TRYGO:
Nissan/Murano vehicles to me, are cool.

From my experience, it appears Nissans are more somewhat ahead of the game in terms of complexity(pls don't ask me what that means).
I own an infinity V8 sedan, that I bought from a client of mine.

When I got the car, I replaced the existing transmission fluids in there, with ONLY Nissan recommended transmission fluid (Martin J), which costs a lot.

Have you ever wondered y those vehicles don't get transmission system problems abroad?

They use only recommended transmission fluids for replacement, and not any other one.

If you're considering buying that car, try as much as possible to give a competent mechanic only for the fixes.

Regards,
Joseph

Do use fx 45?
Re: Murano And It's Gearbox Problems by TRYGO(m): 12:47pm On Sep 23, 2018
No! Its an M45 sport. Precisely, a VK45 engine design.
Almost the same engine in the fx45. Difference I've noticed with the engine cooling fan is that, the fan blade is hydraulically driven, as compared to the FX45 that uses either a normal viscous blade, or an electric fan motor.

Every other thing is the same.

Regards,
Joseph
08066643532(call/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima / Toyota Camry 2010 / Amazing! Before And After Of Car Painting And Buff/ Polishing @ ABA, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.