Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,476 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima (1438 Views)

Need advice on my 2007 Honda Accord / I Am Considering DIY Car Painting, What Do You Think? / Please Give me Some Advice. I Am About To Change My 2007 Camry Engine. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by eddy2farm(m): 8:36pm On Oct 09, 2022
Please I need help. I was doing diy with my car this morning and I fried some things up.
The car was very ok. One of the three wire of
the coil 2 was naked so I use black tape to tape it up.
Hmmm I was curious to no the voltage on each of the three wire. I try use my multimeter but discover the battery was dead.
so I decide to use test lamp. I put one end of lamp wire to the ground and the other to number 1 coil wire, no voltage. I reverse it this time one to positive on the battery why the other end to the coil wire the test light light up. I was still curious because I want to no the signal wire among the three wire. I did this test in 1 and 2 plugs.
Before I no ,the car started misfiring .
I new the coil was not firing again so swap coil 1 and 2 to coil 3 and 4, the coil was working fine but 1 and 2 was not firing.. i off the car remove battery head same problem went online to see how to reset ecu, which I try same wahala.
Off the car jejely enter house go sleep.
Wahala don come .
Though I regret my action but I am the kind of guy that like doing things my self.
I scan for code which give me
P0603.
I my going to replace the ecu ?
If so will I program it ?
How much is the ecu..

Make I off my phone cry small
Lol.

1 Like

Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by aieromon(m): 10:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
eddy2farm:

I scan for code which give me
P0603.
I my going to replace the ecu ?
If so will I program it ?
How much is the ecu..

Sort out the ignition coils and clear the code. With some luck, your ECU should relearn.
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by samintegrity(m): 6:34am On Oct 10, 2022
Check cylinder 1 & 2 coil wiring
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by eddy2farm(m): 6:53pm On Oct 10, 2022
smiley[color=#006600][/color]ok I will try that . With some luck, your ECU should relearn.[/quote]
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by eddy2farm(m): 6:54pm On Oct 10, 2022
[color=#006600][/color]thanks quote author=samintegrity post=117427550]Check cylinder 1 & 2 coil wiring [/quote]
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by Okoyedavid3(f): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2022
Try checking your wire harnesses to the coil... Just might be it. Maybe not properly tighten
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by eddy2farm(m): 6:53pm On Oct 15, 2022
Ok thanks quote author=Okoyedavid3 post=117473860]Try checking your wire harnesses to the coil... Just might be it. Maybe not properly tighten [/quote]
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by baconline(m): 8:15pm On Oct 15, 2022
If the coil driver (IC)in the ecu is damaged ,u either locate and change the driver or Change the ecu, to Change the ecu ,just get a scan tool and reprogram the key once that is done the new ecu will be coded in. Best of luck, I love DIY, I learnt everything I know that way, but I don't try anything I have not learnt online from other people experience
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by eddy2farm(m): 10:33pm On Oct 16, 2022
[color=#006600][/color] thank you
Have actually open the ecu and trace the coil line . The only thing I see that might be bad is the resistor.
I show it to tv repairer but he said the resistor can't be removed because it is imprinted resistor. I don't no how through this is
baconline:
If the coil driver (IC)in the ecu is damaged ,u either locate and change the driver or Change the ecu, to Change the ecu ,just get a scan tool and reprogram the key once that is done the new ecu will be coded in. Best of luck, I love DIY, I learnt everything I know that way, but I don't try anything I have not learnt online from other people experience
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by baconline(m): 4:00pm On Oct 17, 2022
What usually goes bad are ics, send pictures of the board
Re: DIY Go Rong On My 2007 Nissan Altima by eddy2farm(m): 9:11pm On Oct 19, 2022
[color=#000099][/color]ok I send the picture tomorrow
baconline:
What usually goes bad are ics, send pictures of the board

(1) (Reply)

Plz Help: Honda Civic 2005 Vs Nissan Altima 2004/2005 / Naija Mechanic And My Car's Cooling System / My Honda Eod Has Error Code P0780

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.