Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,321 members, 7,829,793 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:50 AM

How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed (33602 Views)

Why I resigned my bank Job for bread-hawking -HND Holder / "Why I Resigned From N-Power": My Story and the Lessons (Photo) / Should I Quit My #55,000 Monthly Job For University? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by bentlywills(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
After my experience during NYSC I decided to be my own boss......God have Been faithful since then ....nothing sucks like working for someone else no matter how good the person is to you, you can never achieve your goals....

God bless us all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by lifestyle1(m): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
100 people will jump at the job you let go...

2 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by millionboi2: 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
seborrhic:
For a soon to be undergraduate,with assumed 5credits,including English language,grammar is so poor.
no b every body sabi spell na

2 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by AmazingELixir: 10:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
cool

The hustle is real bruv...

2 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by surrogatesng: 10:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
u are a fool.Do you think doing busines in Nigeria is easy?
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by deleo16(m): 10:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
grin wish the OP all the best

1 Like

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by jospepper(m): 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2018
My guy please link me to that job na, I have graduated and served already.

1 Like

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by konkonbilo(m): 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
OP, na bayero university be that na for Kano...ur first picture
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by vheckthor1: 10:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
seborrhic:
For a soon to be undergraduate,with assumed 5credits,including English language,grammar is so poor.English construction,use of tenses and capitals all over the place.
Remove the log of wood before you before helping him remove speckles in his eyes. Your own English is worse

6 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by itubaba001: 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
bentlywills:
After my experience during NYSC I decided to be my own boss......God have Been faithful since then ....nothing sucks like working for someone else no matter how good the person is to you, you can never achieve your goals....

God bless us all
Please how do u start I will be willing to learn from u
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by itubaba001: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
Georgematics:
So I created a thread https://www.nairaland.com/4302611/should-quit-55000-monthly-job#64383921 it eventually graced the front page. From the post, I discovered that there are great minds on this platform who are willing to offer you great advice when you need them. If you are familiar with the above post you will find out that peoples opinion was 50|50 on either to quit Job for school. So far so good, I decided to combine the two to see the Outcome.

Mainwhile, I'm done with first semester (I attended Lectures ones or twice a week and my GP was "not too cool smiley"....we are in second semester at the moment "we've even started exams!.

Long story Short, I've decided to resign after trying both sides of the popular opinion. Now, I just started a mobile boutique business and so far so good (I have a warehouse were I buy good quality clothes at very affordable prices) it has been Profitable. So, I tendered my resignation letter to face the world of the unknown #Aka Entrepreneurship. I have till next Friday b4 my resignation finishes.

Thanks to all that contributed on my other thread and this one. "There's still space at the Top"...Pray for me & You.... definitely, success will find Us.#YouMissedAllOpurtunityNotTaken. #ThanksToYouAll

How do u kick start this mobile boutique business, really want to learn from u
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Ahmiee(f): 11:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
Op, where do u get the clothoes at affordable prices, im a student although i dnt have any means of capital except my parents and im also in a private uni which doest allow any of those, like selling of stuffs , buh i actually want to go into selling of stuffs
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Chigorkizz(m): 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
Georgematics:
So I created a thread https://www.nairaland.com/4302611/should-quit-55000-monthly-job#64383921 it eventually graced the front page. From the post, I discovered that there are great minds on this platform who are willing to offer you great advice when you need them. If you are familiar with the above post you will find out that peoples opinion was 50|50 on either to quit Job for school. So far so good, I decided to combine the two to see the Outcome.

Mainwhile, I'm done with first semester (I attended Lectures ones or twice a week and my GP was "not too cool smiley"....we are in second semester at the moment "we've even started exams!.

Long story Short, I've decided to resign after trying both sides of the popular opinion. Now, I just started a mobile boutique business and so far so good (I have a warehouse were I buy good quality clothes at very affordable prices) it has been Profitable. So, I tendered my resignation letter to face the world of the unknown #Aka Entrepreneurship. I have till next Friday b4 my resignation finishes.

Thanks to all that contributed on my other thread and this one. "There's still space at the Top"...Pray for me & You.... definitely, success will find Us.#YouMissedAllOpurtunityNotTaken. #ThanksToYouAll

Where do I locate the wharehouse.planning to go into boutique business.
Email me at udehchigozie90@gmail.com
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
seborrhic:
For a soon to be undergraduate,with assumed 5credits,including English language,grammar is so poor.English construction,use of tenses and capitals all over the place.
Give me the money ($$$$ €€€€££, £££££$) But, you can have your 15 Distinctions, MSC, BSC, B.A etc. Later, I will employ you to work for me!

3 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Arkmanbuddy(m): 11:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
May the good Lord continue to bless and uphold you. You've taken the step of a man, and you'll definitely succeed. Just keep praying and working hard and smart, stay away from sin and the Lord will establish the thoughts of your heart.

Read Job 21 v 22 - end.

You're blessed.

1 Like

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Redman44(m): 12:09am On Sep 22, 2018
Self Employment is good. However, you need to be sure of what you intend to do after quitting your job. The OP's experience is a bit different, but generally it is not safe to leave your current job, without having some money to fall back on. It is good to save up at least the equivalent of your Salary for a year before jumping into entrepreneurship. Op, I wish you the best in your new endeavor. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by kach17(m): 12:23am On Sep 22, 2018
I resigned my 50k job last year to pursue my own dream. It's wasn't easy and even uptil now I'm still growing it. Most friends and family saw this as a wrong and unwise decision but I sure know what I'm aiming for,and time will eventually tell, so our story is similar bro, God is on our side. Kudoss

2 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by OyinO: 12:25am On Sep 22, 2018
damola1:
road ahead is tough o... just know that.. but success is yours if you are willing to play the long game.
There is nothing like tough here. He has already conquered. After all, when the going gets tough, the tough get going. He is already tough by every definition of toughness. Only the tough can resign and become self employed through entrepreneurship.

3 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by seborrhic: 1:02am On Sep 22, 2018
vheckthor1:

Remove the log of wood before you before helping him remove speckles in his eyes. Your own English is worse
Can you point to an error there or you got your own education from an agbero?
Someone pointed out glaring,shocking errors in an official letter written by the poster,and instead of pimps like you to acknowledge same or move on,since your defective schooling can't pick it out,your decide to show your st upidity and expose how your cheated or sorted your way out of whatever minimal primary or at most secondary school certificate you have.
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by zinaunreal(m): 1:17am On Sep 22, 2018
Mumu
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Mypeople2(m): 1:25am On Sep 22, 2018
Georgematics:

Nice one brother, you took the right decision.But my guy, N55k nor be job...na work be that
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Princedapace(m): 1:28am On Sep 22, 2018
Good one. Exactly what I did too.

Is been okay. Fear is a bastard.. Anyways, I reach people how to work online too. You can check out my profile and read my thread on How I work and earn money online.. It may interest you.

2 Likes

Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by Welcomme: 3:38am On Sep 22, 2018
Georgematics, pls how do I contact you?
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by ontolegit(m): 5:33am On Sep 22, 2018
Good info
Pls I need the address of the Warehouse
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by millionboi2: 6:03am On Sep 22, 2018
damola1:
road ahead is tough o... just know that.. but success is yours if you are willing to play the long game.
as far as u are making sells in business, u can always subdue any challenge.... Quit fear man
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by millionboi2: 6:06am On Sep 22, 2018
UbanmeUdie:
shocked

What a terrible way of writing a formal letter.

I hope you don't become a failed businessman in the nearest future.

I hope u don't end up bargain 4a contract job in d bank or any parastatl just to prove point dat u went to school only to die a poor man.

Very difficult 4u to b rich as a salary earner.
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by millionboi2: 6:11am On Sep 22, 2018
kach17:
I resigned my 50k job last year to pursue my own dream. It's wasn't easy and even uptil now I'm still growing it. Most friends and family saw this as a wrong and unwise decision but I sure know what I'm aiming for,and time will eventually tell, so our story is similar bro, God is on our side. Kudoss
don't mind dem

Soon na dem go rush u
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by deebrownneymar: 6:45am On Sep 22, 2018
Georgematics:

Please where is the warehouse?
Re: How I Resigned From My #55,000 Job To Become Self Employed by omojeesu(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2018
Georgematics:

Friend, you have taken a good decision. Abide by it. In addition join me for health and wealth in Max International at max.com/585305.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Traveling To Uk For A Homecare Nursing Job From Nigeria / How Much Do Doctors Earn In Nigeria? / Meet The Lady Who Takes Painting As A Profession (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.