Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:35 PM

Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. (8550 Views)

Poll: Who do you see winning this match and the league title?

Enyimba: 58% (14 votes)
Kano Pillars: 16% (4 votes)
None (Match abandonment): 0% (0 votes)
Who cares: 25% (6 votes)
This poll has ended

Enyimba Vs Kano Pillars (1 - 0) On 19th August 2015 / NPFL: Heartland Vs Kano Pillars (1 - 0) On 30th April 2015 / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 7:28am On Jul 07, 2010
This last league match remains the decider of who will emerge as the champions of the Nigerian premier league for 2009/2010 season, Both teams are 1st and 2nd on the table respectively with just 1 point separating them, they have both been leather throughout the league season and this is the time to show who's the real boss.

Kano pillars have the league highest goalscorer in their team and he's been talking tough: (Ahmed Musa) with 18 goals to his name.

”I am so sure that by Wednesday evening, Kano Pillars will be crowned champions of Nigeria Premier League. I’m optimistic because we have a solid side that can beat any club in Nigeria"

”But we are not worried because we know that with good officiating, we can beat Enyimba. I am ready to do my best to make sure that we win that match because only a win will give us the trophy. We are putting everything into the match and I am confident victory will come our way,” Musa said.

Enyimba is a club with series of good players who can turn the table anytime of the day and today is not going to be different, we await to see the live match being shown on Supersport and also on NTA.

Who to you do you think is likely to win this match and the league title?

Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 7:36am On Jul 07, 2010
The game should bring joy to the faces of the local league fans

Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by kannymoore(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2010
I sure as hell hope its eyimba but from what i hear, kano pillars play a more technical brand of footy than most naija premiership sides which means pillars have a better chance.
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 7:45am On Jul 07, 2010
@kannymoore
You are right, Kano pillars play with alot of technical prowess, they just don't play football, they play with a plan, every player on the field knows their boundaries and their jobs. I can't wait to watch that match. cool
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by medjai(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2010
Enyimba and Pillars are the two most consistent teams in the league. There are always there or there about every season. Enyimba were third last season. Pillars, i think were 7th last season. Anyway, i think its gonna be an explosive encounter but I believe Enyimba will do just enough to nick it. A draw will be enough for them. Surprisingly though, last season champions, Bayelsa United, will most likely be relegated if they dont get anything out of their away tie with Kaduna Utd. Its just crazy. Already relegated are Gateway, Ranch Bees and Wikki Tourists
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by proudly9ja(m): 10:44am On Jul 07, 2010
Its a befitting finale to the league this year and though I support Enyimba, I hope the better side on the day wins!

Kano Pillars like one or two have mentioned are much more technical. Also their brand of counter attcking football is exceptional compared to other teams in the league and if Ahmed Musa and ( I cannot remember his strike partner's name) are on form, its gonna be real tough for the Aba Elephants.

Either way, it promises to be an exciting match. I hope the League trophy is in Aba already?
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by paraphase(m): 10:54am On Jul 07, 2010
sad
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by paraphase(m): 10:58am On Jul 07, 2010
undecided
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by oisehumen(m): 10:59am On Jul 07, 2010
Is AIT or NTA showing it live?
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by Redman44(m): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2010
I've always been interested in Kano Pillars since I was 10 years old. My dad followed the Nigerian League with a passion back then and his favourite clubs were Bendel Insurance [ later became Insurers of Benin ], Ranchers Bees of Kaduna and Kano Pillars. I'm backing Kano Pillars to triumph over Enyimba of Aba. Kano Pillars has always produced outstanding players but most of them do not make it into the Super Eagles set-up.  Players like Ahmed Yaro Yaro were exciting to watch in the late 90's but our National team coaches hardly gave them a look in.

I will be happy if the new Super Eagles coach [ whoever he turns out to be ] can look at Ahmed Musa and use him to prosecute upcoming qualifying matches for Nigeria.  As per today's match, it is Kano Pillars all the way for me cool cool cool

@paraphase

I feel you, mate. I will be happy if anyone knows a website where the match can be seen via live streaming. Cheer up.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by semid4lyfe(m): 11:13am On Jul 07, 2010
Enyimba to win this one moreso when the match is been played in Aba. . .they've got the home support and will probably get some favourable officiating too.

Kano Pillars fumbles when it matters most (remember last year Champions league when Heartland beat them home and away?) Something tells me the match won't even be close as Enyimba will win with as much as 2 goals grin

The League is coming to Aba. . .mark my words!

Nzobu nzobu, Enyimba eyi. . Nzobu, Enyimba eyi!
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by Pharoh: 11:14am On Jul 07, 2010
Where can we watch it please even if it is supersport.
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 11:20am On Jul 07, 2010
medjai:

Enyimba and Pillars are the two most consistent teams in the league. There are always there or there about every season. Enyimba were third last season. Pillars, i think were 7th last season. Anyway, i think its gonna be an explosive encounter but I believe Enyimba will do just enough to nick it. A draw will be enough for them. Surprisingly though, last season champions, Bayelsa United, will most likely be relegated if they dont get anything out of their away tie with Kaduna Utd. Its just crazy. Already relegated are Gateway, Ranch Bees and Wikki Tourists

Bro, this is the kind of thing i want to be seeing in our league bro, competition, we have like 10 solid clubs who can win the league anytime anyday, clubs like Enyimba, Heartland, Wolves, Pillars, Gombe, Dolphins, Kwara Utd, 3SC, Rangers and even Kaduna utd, this season was one of the toughest and i can't wait to see what Davidson Owunmi's capable of doing to the league next season since i heard that Bio is going to be paying intense attention to the local league during his tenure.

Guy, do you know the 4 teams being promoted? I know the Ogunjobi club has been promoted (crown of osogbo), but not sure of the rest 3, is insurance among? abeg say yes embarassed grin
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2010
proudly9ja:

Its a befitting finale to the league this year and though I support Enyimba, I hope the better side on the day wins!

Kano Pillars like one or two have mentioned are much more technical. Also their brand of counter attcking football is exceptional compared to other teams in the league and if Ahmed Musa and ( I cannot remember his strike partner's name) are on form, its gonna be real tough for the Aba Elephants.

Either way, it promises to be an exciting match. I hope the League trophy is in Aba already?

Yes, such a befitting finale, i can't wait to watch it too, getting my fuel asap. Enyimba this, Enyimba that, most Nigerians just support clubs not because they know anything about the club but because of media hype and popularity, this won't help our league, what we need is fans who know what they are supporting, why they are supporting and for what is expected of a supporter, i am a staunch supporter of Insurance of Benin (Nigerian Arsenal), too bad they went on relegation and matches down there is hard to watch, well, i am waiting for them to come up as soon as possible.

As for Pillars, they are very leather and with Musa and Ogaga, i see Enyimba crying today  grin grin grin grin grin

Their midfield remains the best in the league and their wing is fire untop petrol grin grin

The league cup is already in Aba and every sport bigwings are going to be in Aba for the match, so nothing like Ref or fans screwing up. cool
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 11:35am On Jul 07, 2010
paraphase:

Its SAD we cant watch Nigerian League abroad sad sad sad sad cry cry

maybe NTA online might show it, who knows? but SS10 is going to show it.
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 11:47am On Jul 07, 2010
paraphase:

, Nor even a website to watch the live stream. sad sad

oisehumen:

Is AIT or NTA showing it live?

NTA should show it, but AIT? don't mind that silly channel, if it's foreign league now, they won't let us rest. angry
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 12:03pm On Jul 07, 2010
Redman44:

I've always been interested in Kano Pillars since I was 10 years old. My dad followed the Nigerian League with a passion back then and his favourite clubs were Bendel Insurance [ later became Insurers of Benin ], Ranchers Bees of Kaduna and Kano Pillars. I'm backing Kano Pillars to triumph over Enyimba of Aba. Kano Pillars has always produced outstanding players but most of them do not make it into the Super Eagles set-up.  Players like Ahmed Yaro Yaro were exciting to watch in the late 90's but our National team coaches hardly gave them a look in.

I will be happy if the new Super Eagles coach [ whoever he turns out to be ] can look at Ahmed Musa and use him to prosecute upcoming qualifying matches for Nigeria.  As per today's match, it is Kano Pillars all the way for me cool cool cool

Keep the love for our local league burning, i know that sooner or later, we shall and will get it right. Musa would have done us proud if he was at SA, but then they dropped him. well, more of him to come in the future.
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 12:09pm On Jul 07, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Enyimba to win this one moreso when the match is been played in Aba. . .they've got the home support and will probably get some favourable officiating too.

Kano Pillars fumbles when it matters most (remember last year Champions league when Heartland beat them home and away?) Something tells me the match won't even be close as Enyimba will win with as much as 2 goals grin

The League is coming to Aba. . .mark my words!

Nzobu nzobu, Enyimba eyi. . Nzobu, Enyimba eyi!

Our league is not a league that can be played on a forum, far from it, if Kaduna united could come to Aba to beat Enyimba, Pillars is capable of doing worse grin grin grin grin
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 12:19pm On Jul 07, 2010
Pharoh:

Where can we watch it please even if it is supersport.

SS promised to show it, they don't have an excuse, they must to show it.
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by semid4lyfe(m): 12:42pm On Jul 07, 2010
honeric01:

Yes, such a befitting finale, i can't wait to watch it too, getting my fuel asap. Enyimba this, Enyimba that, most Nigerians just support clubs not because they know anything about the club but because of media hype and popularity, this won't help our league, what we need is fans who know what they are supporting, why they are supporting and for what is expected of a supporter, i am a staunch supporter of Insurance of Benin (Nigerian Arsenal), too bad they went on relegation and matches down there is hard to watch, well, i am waiting for them to come up as soon as possible.

As for Pillars, they are very leather and with Musa and Ogaga, i see Enyimba crying today  grin grin grin grin grin

Their midfield remains the best in the league and their wing is fire untop petrol grin grin

The league cup is already in Aba and every sport bigwings are going to be in Aba for the match, so nothing like Ref or fans screwing up. cool
Stop yapping and yarning trash jare. We all have our reasons for supporting the clubs we do. (whether na media hype or popularity, e nor concern u) Pray, tell. . .why do you support Barcelona (Are you Catalonian or what?) and why do people support European footie clubs? Abegii, spare me the football club supportership lecture jare.

Although I'm not Igbo. . .my reasons for supporting Enyimba are not far-fetched. (That will be a discussion for another day) Suffice it to say, I watched all their matches in the first 2 editions of the super league @ the National Stadium Surulere and I travelled to Aba 5 times during my service days in the East to watch them play.

Back to today's game. . If you think Kano Pillars is coming to Aba to beat Enyimba, then you must be high on cow dung. That one nor fit happen whether Ahmed Musa, Yaro Yaro & Ogaga dey there or not and do not forget little officiating decisions can decide matches too. What's to stop the referee giving a contentious free kick/corner kick to Enyimba? Will the 'watching' NFF, NFA & Sports Ministry bigwigs cancel the resultant goal from such a decision? Kano Pillars needs to win outright while Enyimba just needs a draw. Even a Kano indigene nor fit bet se Kano Pillars go beat Enyimba for Aba. It's just a mountain too big for Pillars to climb. I know you'll mention Kaduna United defeat of Enyimba but that match wasn't as important as this one. That match be like Group stage. . .today own na final. E nor fit happen again.

By all intents and purposes, Enyimba has won the League jare. . .EOD!
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by akwarandu(m): 12:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
I must commend u guys for comenting on our own local football, i believe with the right persons up their our league will be one of the best in Africa, i am for enyimba and i know that they will come out tops.
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by Redman44(m): 2:29pm On Jul 07, 2010
@Semid4lyfe,

Keep dreaming, mate. Enyimba will taste the bitter pill of defeat today tongue tongue tongue Since Orji Uzor Kalu left the Abia State Government House, the fortunes of Enyimba FC has nosedived. Kalu was the inspiration behind the Champions League success of the People's Elephant. Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed. Today na today. The cup must go back to Kano.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 2:50pm On Jul 07, 2010
semid4lyfe:

Stop yapping and yarning trash jare. We all have our reasons for supporting the clubs we do. (whether na media hype or popularity, e nor concern u) Pray, tell. . .why do you support Barcelona (Are you Catalonian or what?) and why do people support European footie clubs? Abegii, spare me the football club supportership lecture jare.

Although I'm not Igbo. . .my reasons for supporting Enyimba are not far-fetched. (That will be a discussion for another day) Suffice it to say, I watched all their matches in the first 2 editions of the super league @ the National Stadium Surulere and I travelled to Aba 5 times during my service days in the East to watch them play.

Back to today's game. . If you think Kano Pillars is coming to Aba to beat Enyimba, then you must be high on cow dung. That one nor fit happen whether Ahmed Musa, Yaro Yaro & Ogaga dey there or not and do not forget little officiating decisions can decide matches too. What's to stop the referee giving a contentious free kick/corner kick to Enyimba? Will the 'watching' NFF, NFA & Sports Ministry bigwigs cancel the resultant goal from such a decision? Kano Pillars needs to win outright while Enyimba just needs a draw. Even a Kano indigene nor fit bet se Kano Pillars go beat Enyimba for Aba. It's just a mountain too big for Pillars to climb. I know you'll mention Kaduna United defeat of Enyimba but that match wasn't as important as this one. That match be like Group stage. . .today own na final. E nor fit happen again.

By all intents and purposes, Enyimba has won the League jare. . .EOD!

STORY STORY STORYYYYYYY

Because u go watch 2 editions of Super 4, u no wan make i hear word? bear this in mind, Lagos only hosted one super league and not 2, and that was in 2008 bro, so get your facts right.

the last one was not super league, that was FA cup final between Enyimba and Sharks and i have been opportune to watch both that one and the previous one too, too bad i don't really have time going about states watching them, but when it's on TV, i don't miss matches. I support Barca because they are entertaining, not because ii am a Catalina or anything close to that. why i said what i said was because of all the rubbish i have been hearing on Brila when people call in to wail and yarn rubbish about Enyimba without even knowing the names of just 4 players in Enyimba, some don't even know their coach, nor know when last they won a league title, these were the people i was referring to or do you fall into this group? grin grin grin

The issue is that, we shall all see the outcome and i pray you watch that match, when it comes to beautiful football, it's Pillars

When it comes to playing ball on the ground, it's pillars

When it comes to the best jersey, it's Pillars

When it comes to the highest match day supporters, it's pillars

When it comes to the fastest playing team, it's pillars

When it comes to goalscoring ability, it's Pillars

So bro, football is football, and we are going to see the magic of Nigerian football cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 2:58pm On Jul 07, 2010
Redman44:

@Semid4lyfe,

Keep dreaming, mate. Enyimba will taste the bitter pill of defeat today tongue tongue tongue Since Orji Uzor Kalu left the Abia State Government House, the fortunes of Enyimba FC has nosedived. Kalu was the inspiration behind the Champions League success of the People's Elephant. Anyway, lets keep our fingers crossed. Today na today. The cup must go back to Kano.

You dey mind am? grin grin grin grin
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by proudly9ja(m): 3:05pm On Jul 07, 2010
honeric01:

STORY STORY STORYYYYYYY

Because u go watch 2 editions of Super 4, u no wan make i hear word? bear this in mind, Lagos only hosted one super league and not 2, and that was in 2008 bro, so get your facts right.

the last one was not super league, that was FA cup final between Enyimba and Sharks and i have been opportune to watch both that one and the

Wrong info. The first super league was actually played when Charles Ojugbana (I think) was NFA GenSec. It was won by Enyimba. I watched it at the National Stadium. It was immediately discarded then because clubs felt it wasnt fair on another club that won the league over 38 games to now lose it in Lagos (at that time, Rangers won it). The Super league was played at the National Stadium - Rangers, Enyimba and two other clubs played it back then. I remember it very well.

Anyways, back to today's game. Enyimba should win. Ive not seen them in a long time but if Uche Kalu and Josiah are still there, no matter the number of goal Pillars score, Enyimba will score double tongue tongue tongue
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by dominique(f): 3:31pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]the match will be on Supersport select ch 209. i'm gonna watch how them pillars will manage to score a goal in Aba talkless of get a point smiley.[/size]
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by dominique(f): 3:46pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]match analysis is about to start. Enyimba pitch is sooo Luscious. . .  go enyimba, make me proud kiss[/size]
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 3:49pm On Jul 07, 2010
proudly9ja:

Wrong info. The first super league was actually played when Charles Ojugbana (I think) was NFA GenSec. It was won by Enyimba. I watched it at the National Stadium. It was immediately discarded then because clubs felt it wasnt fair on another club that won the league over 38 games to now lose it in Lagos (at that time, Rangers won it). The Super league was played at the National Stadium - Rangers, Enyimba and two other clubs played it back then. I remember it very well.

Anyways, back to today's game. Enyimba should win. Ive not seen them in a long time but if Uche Kalu and Josiah are still there, no matter the number of goal Pillars score, Enyimba will score double  tongue tongue tongue

You are joking right? when last was a game played in the national stadium? tell me you are joking, all the same, Super 4 just started of recent, it wasn't like it's been so for a long time except you're talking about the super 8. (4 top teams from the NPL and 4 from the national league). maybe you should tell us the date because i can't remember any super 4 being played at the national stadium except the super 8 in the 90s.
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 3:53pm On Jul 07, 2010
dominique:

[size=13pt]the match will be on Supersport select ch 209. i'm gonna watch how them pillars will manage to score a goal in Aba talkless of get a point smiley.[/size]

we shall see cool

dominique:

[size=13pt]match analysis is about to start. Enyimba pitch is sooo Luscious. . .  go enyimba, make me proud kiss[/size]

I hope NTA wont disappoint me, my ss not up ooo sad sad sad
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by honeric01(m): 3:54pm On Jul 07, 2010
Baby Dom, abeg help with commentary joor, me never see where to watch oo, my ss is scrambled embarassed and NTA is showing something else cry cry cry
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by dominique(f): 4:01pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]eyah. sorry. i knew those local stations will disappoint embarassed angry
match just kicked off.[/size]
Re: Enyimba In't Vs Kano Pillars (clash Of The Titans)In Aba -2 : 1 scoreline. by dominique(f): 4:03pm On Jul 07, 2010
[size=13pt]Enyimba wetin naa? already conceding a corner in the second minute angry[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles / Super Eagles Should Practise Penalty - Kicks Now / Super Falcons Stars To Meet In Group Stage Of UEFA Women's Champions League.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.