Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 AM

A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles (8558 Views)

Best Ever Goal Scored By The Super Eagles / My Analysis On The Super Eagles Team! / Patrick Obahiagbon Congratulates The Super Eagles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by seun0622(m): 5:30pm On Feb 08, 2013
As the super eagles file out on Sunday to claim the afcon 2013 final match against a very resilient Burkina Faso team, a lot of close soccer analysts have been puzzled with the way an unimpresive eagles at the group stage of the competition suddenly transformed into a delight to watch at the knock out stage of the same competition. A Ghanian friend asked me a question online immediately after the semi final tramping of the Malians and his question was 'how and when did Nigeria learn to play such good football?, tho he still boasted that the black stars would "clip the eagles wing in the final match" (typical Ghanian arrogance) not knowing Burkina Faso would deal with them later that night even with all the referee s abrakadabra.

Having watched the super eagles closely under the big boss, i have realized the team had always been highly tactical (read Johan Cruyff's comment about the eagles after the 1- 1 draw against his Catalona tutored side.)
A lot of us have been so distracted to realize that the eagles have not lost a single game in about their last 15 matches, tho they might not have played well in some game but truth be told, Nigerians are impatient with keshi's team as the big boss himself said.

I believe it will be too early to start comparing this team to any other team as Keshi has said he is still in the building process.
Come Sunday evening, we will all be glad if the super eagles win (optimistically) the final match at the National stadium near Soweto in SA. After then, this team needs to be maintained for the confederations cup as well as the next mundial both in Brazil tho there are news going round about keshi's planned resignation after winning afcon. Big Boss, abeg no vex, don't worry NFF will surely a look into a request for contract renegotiation and upgrade for you. That's a normal thing when a coach delivers above his target.

SE, we trust God in you, please make us proud on Sunday.

12 Likes

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Itoroetti(m): 8:29pm On Feb 08, 2013
D play better football after d zambia game and could defeat any africa team at d moment and even most european countries apart from spain and germany.

3 Likes

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by jibrael: 11:09am On Feb 09, 2013
we' d surely defeat them man! By God's grace. Our tarnished image needs to be cleared

3 Likes

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by sagytariusTM1: 11:09am On Feb 09, 2013
New Name: Transformed Super Eagles.

3 Likes

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by ebamma(m): 11:12am On Feb 09, 2013
If u notice the mukina fashion's players get plenty muscles like wrestlers because the eat boiled unripe plantains if nigeria wants to win them the have to increase their intake of garri mixed with kuli kuli

1 Like

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by condralbede(m): 11:14am On Feb 09, 2013
They are simply amasing!
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Nobody: 11:14am On Feb 09, 2013
Super Eagles will win. Scoreline 2-0. And forget the 'news',Emenike will play.

1 Like

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Naijalane: 11:18am On Feb 09, 2013
We (naija) don get mouth like chelsea but wetin remain is to play like Man united.

1 Like

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by siddiq202(m): 11:21am On Feb 09, 2013
ebamma: If u notice the mukina fashion's players get plenty muscles like wrestlers because the eat boiled unripe plantains if nigeria wants to win them the have to increase their intake of garri mixed with kuli kuli
lol

on a serious note, those guys are very strong plus skillful as well. The final is definately going to be a cracker
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by okoraforaboy: 11:23am On Feb 09, 2013
Naijalane: We (naija) don get mouth like chelsea but wetin remain is to play like Man united.
baba me,i like the way u love my dear club(united)may God continue to bless u!! u don marry?

1 Like

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by jude33084(m): 11:25am On Feb 09, 2013
Naijalane: We (naija) don get mouth like chelsea but wetin remain is to play like Man united.

If you talk of mouth na sir Alex Ferguson be d most arrogant coach in England; forcing all decisions made by the officials to favour himself tongue

3 Likes

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Stegomiah: 11:32am On Feb 09, 2013
Nigeria 3 Bf 1

1 Like

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by vin4ever(m): 11:32am On Feb 09, 2013
No long tin. . . Up The Transformed Eagles.
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Sike(m): 11:34am On Feb 09, 2013
binger: Super Eagles will win. Scoreline 2-0. And forget the 'news',Emenike will play.
Hopefully
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Akshow: 11:37am On Feb 09, 2013
condralbede: They are simply amasing!
They 'sould' keep on been 'amasin' is our prayer
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Rawshal(m): 11:47am On Feb 09, 2013
[i pray 2 God,to let us win dis match.winning dis match is very important[color=]i pray 2 God,to let us win dis match.winning dis match is very important[/color]i pray 2 God,to let us win dis match.winning dis match is very important
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by lexyman(m): 11:54am On Feb 09, 2013
The super eagles is a strong side and I can see them lifting the trophy . They "ve really played well in all department of the team from the defence , to the midfield and the attack ... And most importantly , they do more of team work other than the individual play they "ve demonstrated in the past .... They "re more tactical side and knows when to slow the game play when it"s required , they did that against the Ivorians , the Ivorians are so energetic they play more of a fast game , the super eagle play @ a pace to suit their style and this as really worked in thier favour .. Also , looking @ the tactic that was displayed by them against the Malian is another good one ! The Eagles of Mali is d slow side and very tactical , but the super eagles control the game by playing a bit of fast game and this has really worked for them ... I"m expecting a brilliant performance from them come Sunday ... Green is my blood !!!

1 Like

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Onyenna(m): 11:58am On Feb 09, 2013
WtF happened to ma earlier post!! Fvck dictators!!!!
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by valdubem(m): 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2013
condralbede: They are simply amasing!

Typical yoruba man grin
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by drlaykay(m): 12:13pm On Feb 09, 2013
A team with a solid defence and good relationship between the midfield and attack will always do well.
Am giving it to the eagles!

2 Likes

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Arsenate(m): 12:17pm On Feb 09, 2013
@op, good write up and analysis. Most Nigerians didn't realise how talented the SE players are. The reason, I believe, is that most of these players don't play in popular leagues that Nigerians get to watch week in week out. However, our boys do play for top teams in Europe and compete with the top players on a regular basis. Emenike and Ideye play for Spartak moscow and Dynamo kyiv respectively, all top teams in their respective countries that play in the UCL almost regularly.
The team is highly talented and the scary thing for most (especially Ghana, lol) is that they will only get better as most of them are young and have not even peaked yet.
All we need now is for the team to be retained as it is and one or more talented players be added over time.
The future definitely looks bright for Nigerian football.

1 Like

Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by johnwizey: 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
UP EAGLESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by toluleke(m): 12:33pm On Feb 09, 2013
"I would rather focus on the cup than be troubled over who wod take ova chelsea"di matteo and dat was b4 the final. Dear keshi,focus on d cup than d praises if you lose i trust my people they go turn back against you
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:38pm On Feb 09, 2013
My PERSONAL ANALYSIS
SE play solidly more than the last 12 years. Keshi uses stout players as centre forwards (Emenike, Ideye) & skillfull/strong wide men (Moses). A compact midfield of Mikel, Onazi/Ogude & an attack minded Sunday Mba who can drive forward with the attackers. The save hands of Enyeama is highly commendable along side the superb combination of Omeruo & Oboabona in the centre of the defense. Efe Ambrose is a strong right back player though naturally a centre back.
A major diff from Siasia's Eagles is that, most of the players can burst forward, take on 2 or 3 players before playing a defense splitting pass or aim at goal.
Last Bullet, (in conclusion) SE are now a formidable team in Africa. I hope this team ll be kept together for a long time cos they are a winning team.
#hopefully, Eagles ll win this AFCON... Shalom
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Owodiong(m): 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2013
Itoroetti :
D play better football after d zambia game and could defeat any africa team at d moment and even most european countries apart from spain and germany.
spain na baba wen he com's 2 futbal
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by solayemi(m): 12:46pm On Feb 09, 2013
lexyman: The super eagles is a strong side and I can see them lifting the trophy . They "ve really played well in all department of the team from the defence , to the midfield and the attack ... And most importantly , they do more of team work other than the individual play they "ve demonstrated in the past .... They "re more tactical side and knows when to slow the game play when it"s required , they did that against the Ivorians , the Ivorians are so energetic they play more of a fast game , the super eagle play @ a pace to suit their style and this as really worked in thier favour .. Also , looking @ the tactic that was displayed by them against the Malian is another good one ! The Eagles of Mali is d slow side and very tactical , but the super eagles control the game by playing a bit of fast game and this has really worked for them ... I"m expecting a brilliant performance from them come Sunday ... Green is my blood !!!
. U get chlorophyii for body ni? Some ppl say dem evolve 4rm ape, u na plant ba? #jux jokin#
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by richardoz(m): 1:01pm On Feb 09, 2013
Nothing must stop them from lifting the trophy. Go eagles
Re: A Personal Analysis Of The Super Eagles by Naijalane: 1:15pm On Feb 09, 2013
okorafor aboy: baba me,i like the way u love my dear club(united)may God continue to bless u!! u don marry?
no . Up united!

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Behind The Scenes Secrets The WWE Never Wants To Reveal / (1:0) 2 H Means What. HELP / Don't Bet Invest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.