Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,748 members, 7,831,389 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:07 PM

Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! (883 Views)

"I Am Having Stomach Ulcer, How Can I Manage It?" / 10 Early Warning Signs Of Diabetes You Should Not Ignore / Stress: Causes And How We Can Manage It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by drklas01(m): 2:41pm On Sep 22, 2018
Have you ever felt depressed? or are currently going through depression? Then you're not alone. Everyone has been through difficult moments in their lives. There are some common signs of depression. You can't just miss it.
Here they are

Signs that You are Depressed

1. You can’t experience or imagine pleasure
2. You feel down and tired easily
3. Sleeping a lot than usual or inability to get enough sleep
4. lack of sex drive
5. You lack the motivation to do anything
6. Feeling of worthlessness
7. You lose or gain weight sporadically
8. The feeling of pains and aches that are not real
9. Delusions – beliefs or perceptions that are not real or hallucinations – the perception of something that is not present
10. The feeling of committing suicide

Read more about depression and how to manage it here: https://abcstrength.com/2018/09/21/how-to-manage-depression/

Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by drklas01(m): 2:44pm On Sep 22, 2018
Lets discuss depression here. Talk to a doctor about it.
Lets know what you're passing through and we will give you medical advise on it
Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 23, 2018
Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by drklas01(m): 4:06pm On Sep 23, 2018
CarlyX8:
all the signs above have been experienced by me, i used to think it will heal in time, but no way it kept getting worse, truth be told am tired of this life, all am searching now is just a little or no painless method of ending it.

I understand what you're going through. It's a horrible feeling. We all have/have had dark moments.

You should understand that you are really the one to free yourself from this. Think of the people you love, those who matter to you, your passion, all the suffering you've been through. You have come this far, It really isn't what it to give that all up now. There are brighter days ahead.

Keep your head up and God will surely see you through this!
Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by Nobody: 4:10am On Sep 24, 2018
The lack of electricity in this country alone can make one go in to depression.
Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by Nobody: 4:12am On Sep 24, 2018
CarlyX8:
all the signs above have been experienced by me, i used to think it will heal in time, but no way it kept getting worse, truth be told am tired of this life, all am searching now is just a little or no painless method of ending it.
Too bad we dont have xanex pills in Nigeria, it would have been very helpful.
Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by drklas01(m): 10:56pm On Sep 24, 2018
mhd5757:
The lack of electricity in this country alone can make one go in to depression.
ahahaha, seriously I remember when I just came home from abroad, I can't explain. I almost slipped into depression myself. So many things in Nigeria can get you depressed cry
Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by drklas01(m): 10:59pm On Sep 24, 2018
mhd5757:

Too bad we dont have xanex pills in Nigeria, it would have been very helpful.
It's sad we don't. I guess there should be other alternatives
Re: Signs Of Depression And How To Manage It. Lets Discuss! by drklas01(m): 5:24pm On Sep 25, 2018
How to Prevent Depression

1. Avoid stress – It is important to avoid stress anything that stresses you if you want to prevent depression. A study found out that stress had a negative impact on mental health, life satisfaction and general health. Stress is detrimental to health.

2. Do regular exercise – in our article on “Why You Need to be Fit”, we talked about the negative impact of stress and how regular fitness will help release “feel good hormones” that will improve your mood in general.

3. Eat healthy Diet – Eating certain types of food can predispose you to depression. This is especially true for food rich in fat and cholesterol. Eating more whole grains, fruits and vegetables are good and beneficial for health.

4. Get enough sleep – Sleep is beneficial for mental health and lack of sleep is detrimental. If you’re not getting enough sleep, your brain won’t function normally and you will have a dull mood. Getting enough sleep helps enhance our mood in general.

5. Talk to someone about it – you can talk to a close one or a loved one when things get rough. No one is immune to depression. This will help you get it off your chest and your loved ones will also try to make you happy.

6. Avoid addictions – There is a close link between addiction and depression. This is especially true in people addicted to drugs and alcohol. We have talked about how to break an addiction. Read the article here.

7. Find a passion – If you have something in your life you’re passionate about then no matter how rough life gets you can always fall back to it. Find a passion, find your purpose in life and you will rarely slip into depression. It might be Fitness, music, religion, whatever it might be, find it and hold on to it.

(1) (Reply)

Sitz Bath Bowl Available In Wholesale For Hospitals and retailers / Doctor Said I Have Hypertitis B / 7 Super Snacks That Heal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.