Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

Why Primary School Leavers Should Be Allowed To Do NYSC - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Why Primary School Leavers Should Be Allowed To Do NYSC (455 Views)

Pussy Wise, Which State Is The Best To Do Nysc / This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts / What Are The Best States To Do NYSC In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Primary School Leavers Should Be Allowed To Do NYSC by Opinionated: 4:31pm On Sep 22, 2018
By Kurtis Adigba

NYSC, is a service to country. It is not strictly an educational event. It should be opened to all able bodied adults in the country.

Why do we allow primary school certificate holders to enlist in the military, but don’t allow them to do NYSC? Is the NYSC bigger and more important than the military?

The NYSC, was conceived as a unifying tool, but is it achieving that purpose today? Many of our parents, will not allow their children to serve in other states, and some influential Nigerians will do everything possible to preferential postings for their wards. Last week, the picture of the son of the former Governor of Enugu, and that of the Governor of the State(Enugu), was trending. The young man from Enugu State, was posted to serve in the state, and was received by the Governor. Ajimobi’s daughter, also served in Government House, Ibadan.

For your information, i did my NYSC in Warri, Delta State. We were the first batch of Corpers posted to the State in 1991/92. I served with the Legal Department of NPA. I didn’t lobby to be posted to Delta, and i didn’t seek for any help to be posted to any place. I saw my name on the board, and reported.

If the NYSC, must remain relevant, it must be reformed. The law must be amended to include many more Nigerians who are excluded, and the founding ideals must also be strictly enforced.

Source: Why Primary School Leavers Should be Allowed to Do NYSC

cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Why Primary School Leavers Should Be Allowed To Do NYSC by Shelumiel: 4:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
Who NYSC epp? Abeg let them scrap NYSC and put compulsory military service jare

1 Like

Re: Why Primary School Leavers Should Be Allowed To Do NYSC by orisa37: 4:48pm On Sep 22, 2018
Shelumiel:
Who NYSC epp? Abeg let them scrap NYSC and put compulsory military service jare

Liked and supported.
Re: Why Primary School Leavers Should Be Allowed To Do NYSC by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 23, 2018
Hmmm... I agree with this.

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Code, JUST For Corpers / Job Opportunity For Fresh Graduate's / Corpers Innovations (images)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.