Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,715 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying (1675 Views)

How To Choose The Right Smartphone And How To Easily Identify Fake Android Phone / Pls How Can I Identify A Fast Charger To Buy? / How To Identify A Really Great Charger. Power Specifications Explained.... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by Sodeeqstar: 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2018
Most in some part of Africas where it's difficult to identify fake memory cards (SD Card) cause
they are the one most gadgets sellers would prescribed for you with sugarcoated mouths.
It's hilarious when you purchased a memory card of 32gigs and you eventually found just 500mb space after consuming the remaining space on the SD card.

Having a significant number of telephones available with colossal storage space, the need of a memory card might be lessened be that as it may, there is still a considerable measure you can utilize it for. Aside complimenting the space on your telephone, you can in any case utilize it to exchange and store information by embeddings them into card perusers and modems among others.

Taking note of all these, you ought to likewise not overlook that a considerable measure of the applications you have on your telephone gobbles up space consistently so there still comes the need to utilize the SD card sooner or later in time.

Memory cards are an extremely intriguing advancement. The capacity to store extensive files on such a little gadget is something that beats the creative energy.

However, looking at all these benefits, it is important to note that using a fake SD card can be as painful as being in hell fire. Maybe, I’m exaggerating but can you imagine experiencing prolonged transfer of files from your laptop to your memory card (which is in your phone) due to slow write speed? Depending on the size, it may take long hours.

Also, many of today’s counterfeit microSD cards have much less actual storage than advertised.

For example, a card may have as little as 8GB of actual storage space, but the label on it may read 64GB. The worse part is that your device may also “see” it as a 64GB card – firmware hacks are a common practice and allow this to happen. In fact, your device can and will try to write data to the gigs that don’t exist. This will either overwrite existing data or result in an error. In either case, your data may get corrupted irreversibly.

So you see? It is very important for you to get an original memory card. But how do you identify fake memory card and avoid it? The solution is quite simple. All it requires is an Android phone, a little data to be able to download a 2MB app and the willingness to do it– the solution is called SD insight.

How To Identify Fake Memory Card

The SD Insight app only works for Android version 6.0 and lower, so if you are using android 7.0 or 8.0 then the app will not work for you. However, most android phones are still on the older version and only about 15% of Android users are on 7.0 nougat and 8.0 Oreo.

● Insert the Memory Card into your Android phone.
● Head to the Google Play Store and Search for “SD Insight” and Download the app or you can Download SD Insight For Android By Clicking here

● Launch the app and let it gather details about your memory card.

● After that, the app will display information about your memory card. Information like Manufacturer, Model, Size and Manufactured Date.

● You can also click on the Eye Icon at the top right of the app to see other information about the memory card to know if it fake or original.

Signs of a fake memory card includes name shown by the SD Insight app not corresponding with the name on the app. Storage space shown on the SD Insight doesn’t correspond with the one written on the memory card.

From the information gotten through the SD Insight app, you should be able to determine if your memory card is actually original or if it is fake.

If you would also want to know the write speed of your memory card or if it is either class 4, 6 or 10 then search and Download “A1 SD Bench”.
Ensure that you buy your cards from trusted dealers/shops to enjoy its use.

Source:- https://www.sodeeqloaded.com.ng/2018/09/how-to-easily-identify-fake-memory-card.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by PurestBoy(m): 6:45pm On Sep 22, 2018
Very informative. Thanks and God bless you
Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by Ayodehji202: 7:33pm On Sep 22, 2018
hmmmm may God punish that aboki man from zamfara wey sell 16gb for me for 1200 and the thing no even gree display anything.I think say I Don nack maga but I ended up been magarized.

3 Likes

Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by godunia(m): 8:20pm On Sep 22, 2018
The shining hologram and the price are good indicators.
Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by umbo: 8:42pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ok
Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by Dboy55(m): 9:53pm On Sep 22, 2018
Ayodehji202:
hmmmm may God punish that aboki man from zamfara wey sell 16gb for me for 1200 and the thing no even gree display anything.I think say I Don nack maga but I ended up been magarized.
grin
I saw a guy at roundabout in Benin offering me 32GB for #2500,thank God I just used my upper .
On a more serious note,bro cuning man die,cunning man bury am grin
Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by bravesoul247(m): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2018
I have the app on my TECNO Spark2. It's actually true, it works
Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by bravesoul247(m): 8:26am On Sep 23, 2018
Dboy55:
grin
I saw a guy at roundabout in Benin offering me 32GB for #2500,thank God I just used my upper .
On a more serious note,bro cuning man die,cunning man bury am grin
better fake.
Re: How To Easily Identify A Fake Memory Card Before Buying by Rubiesangel: 1:33pm On Sep 23, 2018
bravesoul247:
I have the app on my TECNO Spark2. It's actually true, it works
So one will have to go through all these processes just to identify a fake memory card? or do you already have the app installed on your tecno spark 2 phone?

(1) (Reply)

How To Activate Intelligent Power Saving Mode On The Pouvior 3 / Infinix S5 Strength And Shortcomings / Infinix Smart 4C Specification And Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.