Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,851 members, 7,817,518 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 PM

Using Of The Left Hand - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Using Of The Left Hand (356 Views)

Why Some Nigerians Left Their Churches (Photos) / Rapture-the Doctrine Of The Left Behind / Why Do People Discriminate Against The Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Using Of The Left Hand by Archangels2(m): 10:39am On Sep 23, 2018
Happy Sunday everybody.
Something happened in church today which got me thinking down this trail. It was offering time "blessing time" and we were asked to drop our offerings in the basket besides us. My basket was by my left and instead of coming out of the row, I simply stretched my hands and dropped mine. Just as I did, the lady besides me "madam Sabina" as I called her in my head was almost hitting me for using my left hand to drop my offering.

This got me thinking, in our African society why is it wrong to use your left hand? What does it connote? Some people say it's a sign of disrespect but it begs the question, Is the left hand not a vital part of my body? So why should anybody feel wronged being handed something with the left hand? I do not see it as anything but why do people hold it so close to heart?

Also speaking religiously, was I wrong to give my offering with my left? Does God say anything about not giving with a certain part of ur member? Cos I know that my body is the temple of the Lord so since when has it become a sin to use my left hand?

Thanks for your input.
Re: Using Of The Left Hand by AK6464(m): 10:41am On Sep 23, 2018
rt

(1) (Reply)

Christians Face More Persecution As Authorities Reveal Plans To Change Bible / Nollywood Actress Oge Okoye, Daughter Visit South African Pastor / More Details & Photos Of Oluwaseyi, The New Wife Ooni Of Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.