Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,927 members, 7,814,123 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) (2099 Views)

Corporate Affairs Commission Registration CAC / ”I Started My Business With N5,000, I Now Have 5 Bedroom Mansion In Lagos"- Lady / CAC Reviews Cost Of Business Registration, Says Now Cheaper (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ssfWeShss: 11:50am On Sep 24, 2018
Guys i was registrating my business on the CAC website, i need the certificate for my business registration for an online payment processor. I was expecting the cost to be somewhere around 15k or less but to my surprise I saw 22k. I am a little confused tho. Is it that i added extra certificates (i.e the additional certificate of registration which would result in me getting two certificates if i pay the extra 10k or i just get one certificate of registration even after paying the extra 10k.) Also do i really need the application for registration of business name certificate or i can skip that.

I know it says one additional copies on both but this is nigeria.. i dont want to make mistakes. please Nairalanders with experience kindly advise me. Thanks

Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by verygudbadguy(m): 1:38pm On Sep 24, 2018
You don't need the additional copies. You can uncheck them and save ur 12k.
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ssfWeShss: 2:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
verygudbadguy:
You don't need the additional copies. You can uncheck them and save ur 12k.

ok thanks alot..

1 Like

Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by DaCharis2016: 3:21pm On Sep 24, 2018
ssfWeShss:

ok thanks alot..
Why pls? What are the additional copies for? I want to learn.

Thanks.
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ssfWeShss: 3:56pm On Sep 24, 2018
DaCharis2016:
Why pls? What are the additional copies for? I want to learn.

Thanks.

i don't know myself.. i just needed to have proof that i registered with CAC which is in form of a certificate. my fear was i have to pay another 10k for the certificate but apparently i don't need to
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by suyamasta(m): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2018
ssfWeShss:

i don't know myself.. i just needed to have proof that i registered with CAC which is in form of a certificate. my fear was i have to pay another 10k for the certificate but apparently i don't need to
How did it go?
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by Bigdaddy234: 3:32pm On Nov 10, 2018
Register ur company today with CAC via an accredited professional
Location:Lagos but we can deliver certificate anywhere in Nig
Cal/Whatsapp: 070-3467-2434
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ssfWeShss: 12:59am On Nov 11, 2018
suyamasta:
How did it go?

i was able to register but i have been waiting for months for approval. nothing yet
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ojconfirm: 2:49am On Nov 11, 2018
ssfWeShss:

i was able to register but i have been waiting for months for approval. nothing yet
if it is business name, limited company it isnt up to a month. Maybe u check what u upload to there site... For business name: u will upload ur 1. means of id card(int pass or national id or voters id) 2. Busi name applicatn form wth passport 3. Approval note. all must be in pdf file
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by suyamasta(m): 2:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
ssfWeShss:

Ok all the best na
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by Powerexpert: 4:51pm On Nov 12, 2018
Was it queried?

Hope you know there is a way you present your objects in your memorandum and the way to title your article of association?

ssfWeShss:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ssfWeShss: 3:44am On Nov 13, 2018
theres no where to upload ID card. I just saw the application form and i am yet to fill it but the thing is when i fill it, theres still no where to upload the filled form. I just saw the approval note but there's nothing to fill in it other than comment. Also no where to upload that as well. Am I the one mixing things up?
ojconfirm:
if it is business name, limited company it isnt up to a month. Maybe u check what u upload to there site... For business name: u will upload ur 1. means of id card(int pass or national id or voters id) 2. Busi name applicatn form wth passport 3. Approval note. all must be in pdf file
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ssfWeShss: 3:45am On Nov 13, 2018
Powerexpert:
Was it queried?

Hope you know there is a way you present your objects in your memorandum and the way to title your article of association?

Sir.. which one is memorandum and article of association grin
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by Powerexpert: 5:46am On Nov 13, 2018
It is usually involved in filing for llc. I think for business name its just objective.
ssfWeShss:

Sir.. which one is memorandum and article of association grin
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ojconfirm: 7:38am On Nov 13, 2018
ssfWeShss:
theres no where to upload ID card. I just saw the application form and i am yet to fill it but the thing is when i fill it, theres still no where to upload the filled form. I just saw the approval note but there's nothing to fill in it other than comment. Also no where to upload that as well. Am I the one mixing things up?
1. U cant fill anytin on approval note. 2. When u fill the form, u fill it when u login in @ services.cac.gov.ng 3. When u upload, u upload through cac.gov.ng and click on document upload
Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by HenryIX: 9:47am On Nov 13, 2018
ssfWeShss:

Okay, follow these steps
- Click on my registrations
- At the right hand corner, you will see Documents, Click on it
- You will be taken to another page where you have "Information:
Note that you have to download your filling documents in order to append signatures and then upload for processing through the Document Upload Service", and "Application Form for Business Name (CAC/BN/1)"
- Click on "Application Form for Business Name (CAC/BN/1)" which will download a form for you to sign the necessary areas and attach a passport photo.
- Scan the Application Form in pdf after applying signatures, dates and attaching your photo.
-Also scan your means of identification in pdf
- Click on the "Document Upload Service" which will take you to another page where you will input the availability code, and originating office. Then click begin.
- After the page has reloaded, scroll down to Document Upload History where you upload and attched each scanned pdf file to its relevance.
Here you will need your scanned means of id, scanned Application Form, scanned Business Name Appication form, Availability Form (Approval notice), etc.
- After uploading the documents, click on submit at the top right corner of the screen. you will then get a 'successful' message.
- Wait for some hours for the approval mail from CAC or query if there is any issue with your uploads. The mail will inform you where you need corrections if it is a query.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Need Advise On My Business Registration (CAC) by ify01: 8:32pm On Jul 17, 2019
HenryIX:

Okay, follow these steps
- Click on my registrations
- At the right hand corner, you will see Documents, Click on it
- You will be taken to another page where you have "Information:
Note that you have to download your filling documents in order to append signatures and then upload for processing through the Document Upload Service", and "Application Form for Business Name (CAC/BN/1)"
- Click on "Application Form for Business Name (CAC/BN/1)" which will download a form for you to sign the necessary areas and attach a passport photo.
- Scan the Application Form in pdf after applying signatures, dates and attaching your photo.
-Also scan your means of identification in pdf
- Click on the "Document Upload Service" which will take you to another page where you will input the availability code, and originating office. Then click begin.
- After the page has reloaded, scroll down to Document Upload History where you upload and attched each scanned pdf file to its relevance.
Here you will need your scanned means of id, scanned Application Form, scanned Business Name Appication form, Availability Form (Approval notice), etc.
- After uploading the documents, click on submit at the top right corner of the screen. you will then get a 'successful' message.
- Wait for some hours for the approval mail from CAC or query if there is any issue with your uploads. The mail will inform you where you need corrections if it is a query.

I'm in the process of registering a business name, but there's something I don't get:
Is it compulsory to fill the box for APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS NAME
- And CERTIFICATE OF REGISTRATION ?

If yes, how many copies? I had thought that that the certificate comes with the standard registration fee. . .

What's the APPLICATION FOR REGISTRATION OF BUSINESS NAME
- exactly? Is it the same as the approval for registration of business name I got earlier?

I'm really at a loss. . . Will appreciate a clear explanation.. .

(1) (Reply)

Over N400k+ Fraud Debit Resolved By Stanbicibtc In Less Than 48hrs Working Day / Please Beware Of This New Scam By "Foreigners" / Business Quote Of The Week+photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.