Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,941 members, 7,814,186 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting (2679 Views)

Qservers Web Hosting Review / 6 Reasons Why Qservers Web Hosting Remain The Best In Nigeria / Whogohost Or Qservers: Which Host Should I Use? (poll) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by QServers: 4:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
DNS an abbreviation for "Domain Name System", is an integral part of how the internet functions today. However, the way that DNS works is often quite mysterious for new administrators.

DNS controls your domain name's website and email settings. When visitors go to your domain name, its DNS settings control which company's server it reaches out to provide you all required service(s). DNS entries could include records such as cnames, A record, mx records, txt, ptr and so on. What ever you have on the individual record field determines which server your domain request the listed service(s) from.

It is worth noting that not all Web host avails their customers with a DNS manager tool. At QServers Web Hosting, we try to give our clients more control over their domains and other related services, and hence every user can access their DNS manager and create or modify DNS records to their choice entries.

Note that you can enable DNS manager by default while placing order for a domain. If for any reason you missed selecting the option of DNS services, you can always reach out to our support team to assist you enable it.

Steps to set up/edit your DNS management

To update your DNS settings in QServers Web Hosting

1. Login to your QServers client area and locate on the menu bar 'Domains' and subsequently 'My Domains'.

2. Locate the domain name you wish to set up/edit its DNS. By the right hand side of the choice domain you should see a drop-down and once clicked on you should see 'Domain DNS Manager'.

3. This should take you to the screen below, from which you should click on "Yes Create".

4. Viola!!! You should see the screen below, select your choice DNS record and begin to the relevant fields as required by the record you are about to set up and click on save once done.

For further support, kindly reach our support team either via mail phone or chat directly from our website (www.qservers.net)

Find the simple steps below:

Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
I didn't see prices for your VPN hosting... And where is your server located?
Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by Nobody: 5:23pm On Sep 24, 2018
I didn't see prices for your VPN hosting... And where is your server located?
Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by QServers: 5:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
fighal:
I didn't see prices for your VPN hosting...
And where is your server located?

Our VPS plans varies...kindly use the link to view and place order for your preferred plan
https://www.qservers.net/?vps-virtual-private-servers.html
Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
QServers:

Our VPS plans varies...kindly use the link to view and place order for your preferred plan
https://www.qservers.net/?vps-virtual-private-servers.html
Thanks, but it's quite expensive. Bluehost starts at just $15, A2hosting at just $17. most have seen starts at $15. Yours is over $30/m.
Where's ur server located?
Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by QServers: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2018
fighal:
Thanks, but it's quite expensive. Bluehost starts at just $15, A2hosting at just $17. most have seen starts at $15. Yours is over $30/m.
Where's ur server located?

For further inquiries, you can reach us on these lines

SALES : 08120800799. TECH : 08187881181, 09094786149. EMAIL : SUPPORT@QSERVERS.NET

We run our support around the clock i.e 24/7 mail, ...chat, phone calls at anytime.

1 Like

Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by Holiyo(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2019
Love this stuff tho...

Well, this is kinda off but I think it worth a thought! I think Qservers are the best hosting company in Nigeria presently, however, they're risking their customers' (clients') security and privacy. Almost all big webhost world class companies offer free WHOIS guard protection to their customers. WHOIS guard is almost the same with user privacy details on a social media (despite that it's free, they still protect user details like email, phone number, etc.), however, they make it your choice to expose your details, else, it's completely hidden from the public for your safety because they need you to stay in the business with them.

It's not very bad to sell that offer though, but this is kinda like a suggestion: a website protects its users' privacy by keeping it from the public (security agencies like IMF, EFCC, etc. are exceptional and are indicated in their policy as well). But exposing these details to the public risk your customers' business with you in the long run. Especially now that the web is open to hackers, scammers, etc. Most US based webhosts were selling WHOIS guard protection, but due to these trends, they offer it for free. Why? Because they want their customers stay safe and continue the run with them for long because if a site is hacked "it's bad to both sides (customers and admins (webhost))"

Please take no offence as this is just a view to bring your attention to this, due to what I've seen out there and I want the best for my country... Thanks!
Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by fjlinks(m): 4:00pm On Jun 08, 2019
fighal:
I didn't see prices for your VPN hosting...
And where is your server located?

See this Qservers review for their hosting pricing
Re: How To Handle DNS Management On Qservers Web Hosting by TEEMIKEMEDIA(m): 8:47pm On Aug 06, 2019
And why am I seeing this after setting up my domain name system?
Because it seems my website has not been verified or what?

(1) (Reply)

Valid, Updated And Accurate Nigeria Email Lists Database + Bonuses / The Cheapest And Most Reliable Bulk Sms @ 80kobo Per Sms @ Trailblazers / How To Convert Airtime To Cash In Nigeria For All Networks (MTN, Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.