Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,070 members, 7,849,332 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:47 PM

2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) (54598 Views)

The Best FIFA Football Awards 2020 Winners (Updates) / Nominees For The Best FIFA Football Awards™ 2020 Revealed / Ronaldinho At The FIFA Football Awards, Fans React (PHOTO) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2018
oisujeh:

Base on ur argument, don't u think Wesley deserved to win 2010's?

I think so. Do Canavaro was supposed to win in 2006?
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2018
Claireshan1:
thank you
Modric actually won UEFA best player; Ronaldo did not.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Jokerman(m): 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2018
moralistic:
why didn't you add "tackles won"..... if ronaldo score 4 and his team concedes 5.... will those 4 goals still be of value ?

Ronaldo as an attacker, Modric as a midfielder, who did his job better for the team??
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by OlujobaSamuel: 9:26pm On Sep 24, 2018
hmmmmmm, weed in high places.
i prefer bale goal against liverpool for the pukas, I see nothing special about salah's goal against everton.
how come salah was amongst the 3best players in the world yet not amongst the first eleven, so a substitute is the best player of the team, same for courtous, fifa is high seriously.
ynwa.... congrats salah
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by marttol: 9:27pm On Sep 24, 2018
tesppidd:
it's a lie you are not laughing.

You are crying and banging your head on your room wall.

Stop lieing you are not laughing.

You are angry.
lol
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Pacesetter123(m): 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2018
celenas:
FIFA BEST 11
Abeg wetting Alves n Basket De Gea dey do for dis list?

2 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
ominilongest:
ronaldo have more assist, goals and create more chances.. So what else do.u want old papa?
..how many tackles ronaldo win ?...
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Kayharry(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
Inconclusive

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by LesbianBoy(m): 9:30pm On Sep 24, 2018
tesppidd:
so you think ronaldo should win after flopping at the world cup and getting booted out in round two?

or you think its 2014 when he flopped and scored only one goal at the world cup and couldn't even qualify from the group and fifa still robbed for him abi.

Gerroura here mehn.
Ronaldo deserves Nothing!

Another pained Messi fan

3 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Light1259: 9:32pm On Sep 24, 2018
tesppidd:
lol

Okay I get you now

Award is only met for the lucky ones, I am happy because every body knows who the best player his.
Messi will still be the best

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Excallibur(m): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2018
valdes00:
How can Courtoius collect the FIFA best keeper Award and he was not included in FIFPRO 11, DeGea was included
How can Sallah be in the Last three Best player and he was not included in the FIFPRO 11, messi was included...
FIFA executives are bunch of confused people... #Fact
I dont even see reasons why sallah was nominated ahead of messi...
Just because sallah appeared in the champions league final is not enough to be ahead of messi that collected laliga and copa del rey, he is even the overall europe top scorer...
Rada rada....���
dani alves did not even go to world cup and was eliminated in round of 16 yet he is in fifa 11...weed must be legal in fifa HQ

6 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Jarus(m): 9:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Xavi and Iniesta came at the wrong time.

Award is time relative, but it must be given.

The best performance in 2018 may just be equivalent of the 6th best performance in say 2010, but since award must be given each year, the best guy in 2018 will it, while a better performance in 2010 will not win it becuse there were superior performances for that year.

Unfair, yes. But that's it.

5 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by shakrullah(m): 9:36pm On Sep 24, 2018
oluwaahmed:
Congrats Modric. I feel bad for Tapinaldo especially as he is struggling in sierie A and the GOAT is currently in mad form now for Barca.
Penaldo fans sorry o.
messi 5 goals 2 assists
Ronaldo 3 goals 1 assist
let the race continue

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Claireshan1(f): 9:37pm On Sep 24, 2018
GrammarNazi1:

Modric actually won UEFA best player; Ronaldo did not.
I know and that's fair enough

2 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by MetalJigsaw(m): 9:38pm On Sep 24, 2018
coolcharm:
Omo, see better Ojoro. FIFA is the new APC angry

There is only one CR7

Portugal. England. Spain. Italy

All these Barca fans be shouting modric up and down, but deep down in their heart of hearts, they know who the real MVP and king is!

Y'all should not let hatred blind and choke you!

CR7!
Wetin your Ronaldo don win pass Modric the past season?

1 Like

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by alexie4real(m): 9:41pm On Sep 24, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
How can De Gea be in fifa pro team of the year, then u give courtois best keeper. This fifa team are high on a cheap product.

BTW: What is Dani Alves doin there?
na this one surprise me pass

2 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by shizzleStar: 9:46pm On Sep 24, 2018
Unbelievable!

I used to think that Blatters' FIFA was bad, but now I can see that Infantinos' FIFA is worse. This is the 2nd most terrible and unbelievable night of this awards after the 2010 debacle. It's quite unfortunate

Wesley Schneider- 2010

Cristiano Ronaldo- 2018.

The two biggest kill-joy moments of the FIFA awards

Such a shame for football

#spits

4 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 24, 2018
grin[color=#550000][/color]

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2018
grin

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by IkennaDavid1(m): 9:52pm On Sep 24, 2018
uniqueboi:
One nama say FIFA has watered down the award. My guy ronaldo or messi no perform for world cup. The world cup was the final stage for all of last season and they crashed out. Modric got to the WC finals and lost my question is which French player ball reach The Luka Modric all of last season?

So by ur analysis, what is Mo Sallah doing in the top 3?
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Nobody: 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
Funny how y'all are crying foul now...
When Messi was omitted from the Top 3 Y'all Ronaldo fans commended FIFA for the job..
Now that Modric has beaten Ronaldo to another award una done dey cry like babies...
Modric beat Ronaldo and Salah to win the Award, He did not beat KING LEO....

I've always said it, the same people that Voted for Modric in the UEFA Award would still vote for him this time...
The only one wey me nor understand na how Basket De Gea take see FIFPRO XI
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Goalnaldo(m): 9:53pm On Sep 24, 2018
Am not surprised that modric won the award. More often than not, the winner of the UEFA best player go on to win the FIFA best player award.. My three finalists would be modric, Ronaldo and Messi, with modric winning it.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Excallibur(m): 9:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
shizzleStar:
Unbelievable!

I used to think that Blatters' FIFA was bad, but now I can see that Infantinos' FIFA is worse. This is the 2nd most terrible and unbelievable night of this awards after the 2010 debacle. It's quite unfortunate

Wesley Schneider- 2010

Cristiano Ronaldo- 2018.

The two biggest kill-joy moments of the FIFA awards

Such a shame for football

#spits
frank ribery 2013

3 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by 9jaown(m): 10:01pm On Sep 24, 2018
Loyalblak007:

Yes i am cheesy
wanted to ask for your digit, but this one roro lost... lipsrsealed
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by vision2050: 10:03pm On Sep 24, 2018
Sneidjer 2010 CL + world cup runners up not nominated for FIFA award Modric 2018 CL + world cup runners up won FIFA best player. FIFA is confused just like INEC
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by LeoFish92(m): 10:06pm On Sep 24, 2018
Jarus:

Xavi and Iniesta came at the wrong time.

Award is time relative, but it must be given.

The best performance in 2018 may just be equivalent of the 6th best performance in say 2010, but since award must be given each year, the best guy in 2018 will it, while a better performance in 2010 will not win it becuse there were superior performances for that year.

Unfair, yes. But that's it.

Exquisitely written!

Permit me to copy
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2018
IkennaDavid1:

So by ur analysis, what is Mo Sallah doing in the top 3?

Understand me. My argument is for Luka. Messi who is a major contender crashed out at the quarters of the CL which is like the 2nd stage of the interview for world best on a WC year. Sallah was hotter than all both Messi and Ronaldo. Remember Ronaldo's scoring stopped during the quarter finals. Sallah kept going till the Ramos incident. Believe me if Ronaldo was in a team like Roma and was still highest goal scorer and he didn't win the CL his name wud not smell that list. That's my opinion I'm not saying I'm correct cux we don't know how they arrived at that list but that's the best I could try to put up as a reason for them to have awarded LM10.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Tokziby: 11:15pm On Sep 24, 2018
uniqueboi:

Understand me. My argument is for Luka. Messi who is a major contender crashed out at the quarters of the CL which is like the 2nd stage of the interview for world best on a WC year. Sallah was hotter than all both Messi and Ronaldo. Remember Ronaldo's scoring stopped during the quarter finals. Sallah kept going till the Ramos incident. Believe me if Ronaldo was in a team like Roma and was still highest goal scorer and he didn't win the CL his name wud not smell that list. That's my opinion I'm not saying I'm correct cux we don't know how they arrived at that list but that's the best I could try to put up as a reason for them to have awarded LM10.

Guy forget all the analysis... Its not today but way back since 98 when fifa started magomago. They are just marking their 20 years of confusion with the latest award and it's the worst ever cos it's was wayo throughout.
Highlight of the last 20 yrs as follows
Zidane got red carded in 98 but won fifa cos of two headed goals in finals ahead of blistering Delima. Pay back time was in 2002 when Delima played just world without club football scored 8 goals ahead Zidane UCL screamer and outstanding performance throughout 02 season. Figos best was in Barca 99 but they gave Rivaldo instead. But the returned it to Figo in Madrid 01, 2003/04 Henrys invisible with UEFA top scorer, them look left and right dash Dinho that just arrived at Barca. 2006 they came back for Zidane and dash Cannavaro ahead of Dinho Magician, Henry. Fast forward 2010 no Messi or Ronaldo show either Ucl or World Cup dem still dash Messi ahead of Schneider Trebble winner inclusive of UCL, joint world Cup top scorer, silver ball winner.

2 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Nobody: 11:34pm On Sep 24, 2018
Tokziby:

Guy forget all the analysis... Its not today but way back since 98 when fifa started magomago. They are just marking their 20 years of confusion with the latest award and it's the worst ever cos it's was wayo throughout.
Highlight of the last 20 yrs as follows
Zidane got red carded in 98 but won fifa cos of two headed goals in finals ahead of blistering Delima. Pay back time was in 2002 when Delima played just world without club football scored 8 goals ahead Zidane UCL screamer and outstanding performance throughout 02 season. Figos best was in Barca 99 but they gave Rivaldo instead. But the returned it to Figo in Madrid 01, 2003/04 Henrys invisible with UEFA top scorer, them look left and right dash Dinho that just arrived at Barca. 2006 they came back for Zidane and dash Cannavaro ahead of Dinho Magician, Henry. Fast forward 2010 no Messi or Ronaldo show either Ucl or World Cup dem still dash Messi ahead of Schneider Trebble winner inclusive of UCL, joint world Cup top scorer, silver ball winner.

Na so we see am. Nobody knows why e come up like that but to me Luka deserve am
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by LordAdamX: 11:58pm On Sep 24, 2018
Jarus:
I think Messi and his fans are the biggest winner in this.

They may have to carry thw "sifia pain" of CR7 winning 6 WPOTYs and having more bragging point for life.

Wouldn't have mattered. There was a time Messi was leading 4-1 and CR7 fans like myself no send scores.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by einsteine(m): 12:14am On Sep 25, 2018
DonFreshmoney:
How can De Gea be in fifa pro team of the year, then u give courtois best keeper. This fifa team are high on a cheap product.

BTW: What is Dani Alves doin there?

It is voted by two different sets of voters.
Re: 2018 FIFA Best Football Awards: Results And Winners (Live Updates) by Kunkiddo(m): 12:16am On Sep 25, 2018
Ok... i av read enuf... No more arguments...
Luka yaff win it oo case closed...

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rodrigo Tried To Finger Santiago Trellez' Backside During Match (Photos) / Undertaker Announces Retirement From Wrestling / Enyimba Players Mercilessly Beaten By Plateau United Fans (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.