Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 AM

Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) (18588 Views)

CEO Blasts Security Guard For Sleeping On Duty (Photos) / My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by nigeriapenbase: 3:33pm On Sep 25, 2018
News Source: https://nigeriapen.com.ng/daniel-adekunle-security-guard-turned-software-developer/

When Daniel Adekunle was deployed as a Security man to Andela, he was trained to profile visitors, gather intelligence, guard lives and properties as well as ensure the security of the entire building. It didn’t take long for his sense of responsibility to be evident to his employers.

On the other hand, it took a while for him to really understand what the company was into. Adekunle while sharing his story said, “I thought Andela was a cybercafé, a very good one at that to have attracted such young and sharp guys I saw walking into the building every day.

” He was shocked to later realize that Andela was a global company, building a community of world-class developers in Lagos, Nigeria! He said he never even thought applications were built in Nigeria. “The realization that software applications can and are actually built in the country sparked my interest in computer programming,” he added.

As providence would have it, he caught wind of the CodeLagos Out-Of-School Programme, a free coding programme by Lagos State Government to train Lagos residents to code.

A new session was about to commence at the time, so he signed up and was picked to participate in the FREE Python Development Class at the Ilupeju training centre.

Daniel Adekunle ? Security Guard turned Software Developer!

CodeLagos is 6-week training programme that exposes participants to courses in Python programming language, Java, BlockChain and Web Development. Adekunle was able to develop a game as his project during the training.

In an interesting twist of events, he was scheduled for an interview with Andela the same day he rounded up his classes at CodeLagos. The knowledge he acquired at CodeLagos came very in handy during the interview and he got the role.

He aced the interview, and now, the former gate man has been re-employed by Andela as a developer!

Adekunle’s story is one amongst thousands that have been empowered by the CodeLagos initiative which started in 2017. It reveals that dreams can become reality if you make the right choices and seize opportunities.

Adekunle’s choice to be dutiful at his post as a security guard and the decision to take advantage of the opportunity CodeLagos brought his way has paved the pathway for a very promising career as a software developer.

Today Daniel has moved from securing physical buildings to building firewalls and other software that secure complex tech systems.

See video of Daniel’s story here Below;

Source: https://nigeriapen.com.ng/daniel-adekunle-security-guard-turned-software-developer/

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by lawlhee: 4:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
Wow! Thank God for his life. God please lift your children too oh, no forget us.

16 Likes

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Anthony4578(m): 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
I just catch this space.... I don't even know what to write... worst part is that I didn't even read the post�
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
This is what I want to hear.
I LOVE such
The quantity of grey mater in your skull is appreciably significant.
POVERTY is not congenital but can be acquired and transmitted depending on the nature of people that surround you always.
Choose your friends
And not PEOPLE with this type of BRAIN displayed here:

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Issafela: 9:09pm On Sep 25, 2018
lawlhee:
Wow! Thank God for his life. God please lift your children too oh, no forget us.
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by weirdtee: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
Grass to Grace!

1 Like

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by FisifunKododada: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
YorubaAmaka

6 Likes

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Ayodejioak(m): 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
Impressive.

Like the adage says: if you pound yam in leaves and cook stew in peanut shells, someone will still be satisfied.

While many blame the government and their background, he chose to be the difference!!

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by GistFullGround: 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
When you have a vision
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Onlinealaba(m): 9:10pm On Sep 25, 2018
He never settled for less, a man of vision that found himself in such firm and maximize the opportunity

check my siggy, place your order . we get it for you(general items)
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by jaxxy(m): 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
Hustle hard
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
Nice
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Franzinni: 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
This is a prime example of the saying... Your future is in your hands...

1 Like

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by JailBreaker(m): 9:11pm On Sep 25, 2018
Mhen! this isnt your everyday security guard

Study For Free In Australia - International Citizenship Scholarship 2019

http://tellcollege..com/2018/09/university-adelaide-global-citizens-scholarships.html
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2018
Impressive!
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by dayleke: 9:14pm On Sep 25, 2018
Lol
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by condomuser: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2018

story, you think software development is to carry computer with headphones.
Then you do a six weeks course and become a genius lol

6 Likes

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Kingsunnyaleke: 9:15pm On Sep 25, 2018
Congratulations bro... My is coming soon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
Knowledge and grace makes the difference
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by FarahAideed: 9:16pm On Sep 25, 2018
Nice one but I hope he know how to code because many Nigerian programmers are just thrash
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by itiswellandwell: 9:17pm On Sep 25, 2018
Nice one bro.
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by deepwater(f): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
lol
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by odafe94(m): 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2018
nice
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2018
FisifunKododada:
YorubaAmaka
crap

1 Like

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 9:20pm On Sep 25, 2018
Six weeks computer programming training and you're already coding?

I must be getting old. cry

2 Likes

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Boyooosa(m): 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
His story will motivate you
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Olodo24: 9:27pm On Sep 25, 2018
Anthony4578:
I just catch this space.... I don't even know what to write... worst part is that I didn't even read the post�
let's come and be going
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Umisan: 9:30pm On Sep 25, 2018
Only if we can recognize skills than certificate in this country

1 Like

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Throwback: 9:31pm On Sep 25, 2018
lawlhee:

This is the story of a man who chose not to be lazy and waste his time and life typing "God pick my call or lift me up" all over social media, while he grows older with no development.

He observed his surrounding environment and learnt of the possibilities. Then most importantly, the government of Lagos State (Ambode) provided an opportunity he availed himself of.

Now he is a respectable and well paid employee in the same firm he was just a security officer.

He upgraded himself, and I give him all the accolades due to his own effort to learn, to grow, to be creative.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Iyawofarmer: 9:32pm On Sep 25, 2018
sad
Re: Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) by Throwback: 9:37pm On Sep 25, 2018
EVILFOREST:
This is what I want to hear.
I LOVE such
The quantity of grey mater in your skull is appreciably significant.
POVERTY is not congenital but can be acquired and transmitted depending on the nature of people that surround you always.
Choose your friends
And not PEOPLE with this type of BRAIN displayed here:

I concur!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Boss Wishes Everyone Happy Birthday Apart From Me.. / Nigerian Engineers Are Not Competent? / Ecobank Sent 100 Managers By Road To Lome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.