Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,773 members, 7,851,636 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:19 AM

See What I Did To My Camry - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / See What I Did To My Camry (4329 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Where Can I Buy An Automatic Compressor For My Camry 2008? / My Camry 2007 Engine Does Not Run Smoothly After I Changed It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What I Did To My Camry by MrFinbarr(m): 7:40am On Sep 30, 2018
rottenPussy:
Where do you stay bro, I want to have my rims changes too, but the guys here are to crazy with their prices...

Owerri.
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by rottenPussy: 7:42am On Sep 30, 2018
MrFinbarr:

Owerri.
Oh okay. I stay in the west!
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by Readonee35L(m): 10:07am On Sep 30, 2018
kingreign:

You no enter beta pothole at beta ogbonge speed. Try am for that Okigwe-Ikot Ekpene road at 100km/h and tell me how it feels. cheesy
Ive said it several times any pothole that will crack your rim would result in an accident first.
Its a rim not biscuit .
Any car that enters a pothole at 100kmh is catastrophique irrespectic of the rim. I can get you a car with stock Factory rim and Youd cruise yourself into ekpene pot hole at 100kmh . but first. we sign agreement whatever you see is your business .
Let me see if Jesus wheel or Factory wheel will save you from your own Destruction. grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See What I Did To My Camry by asamwababy: 11:50am On Sep 30, 2018
Readonee35L:

Ive said it several times any pothole that will crack your rim would result in an accident first.
Its a rim not biscuit .
Any car that enters a pothole at 100kmh is catastrophique irrespectic of the rim. I can get you a car with stock Factory rim and Youd cruise yourself into ekpene pot hole at 100kmh . but first. we sign agreement whatever you see is your business .
Let me see if Jesus wheel or Factory wheel will save you from your own Destruction. grin

Sit back and take time to read through what you wrote slowly.

People are stating scenarios based on their experience and you are shouting everywhere that aftermarket rim is not biscuit.

1 Like

Re: See What I Did To My Camry by Readonee35L(m): 12:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
asamwababy:

Sit back and take time to read through what you wrote slowly.

People are stating scenarios based on their experience and you are shouting everywhere that aftermarket rim is not biscuit.

1 Like

Re: See What I Did To My Camry by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 30, 2018
Readonee35L:

Its a rim not biscuit .
This funny man, you have appeared here again grin grin. Which one be Jesus wheel again?
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by timifakay(m): 4:23pm On Sep 30, 2018
rottenPussy:
Oh okay. I stay in the west!

There's a place close to Iwo road in ibadan where you can get great prices...
It's at Ẹlẹ́wì odò bus stop along the express...
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by rottenPussy: 6:15pm On Sep 30, 2018
timifakay:

There's a place close to Iwo road in ibadan where you can get great prices...
It's at Ẹlẹ́wì odò bus stop along the express...
I will definitely check that out next week. Do you by any chance know where I can install car tracker in Ibadan?
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by timifakay(m): 11:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
rottenPussy:
I will definitely check that out next week. Do you by any chance know where I can install car tracker in Ibadan?

I don't deal in or recommend when it comes to anything that relates to car security systems.
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by rottenPussy: 7:53am On Oct 01, 2018
timifakay:

I don't deal in or recommend when it comes to anything that relates to car security systems.
Alright...

1 Like

Re: See What I Did To My Camry by Nobody: 8:05am On Oct 01, 2018
Readonee35L:

Its a rim not biscuit .

You are right. Happened to me a few weeks ago, though I was not the one driving, my brother in-law was. On the way to ekiti around 9pm he was speeding and there are lots of potholes on the road. Hit a very big pot hole at around 100km/hr and all we heard was a loud bang. It took another 100 meters before car came to a stop after gliding, one wheel even came off it's shaft. Lost 3 tires and 1 rim got broken (stock rim). That was the day I vowed never to let someone drive my car and I will never allow anyone travel with my car unless I'm the one driving.
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by HeavenlyBang(m): 8:14am On Oct 01, 2018
greenhulk:

You are right. Happened to me a few weeks ago, though I was not the one driving, my brother in-law was. On the way to ekiti around 9pm he was speeding and there are lots of potholes on the road. Hit a very big pot hole at around 100km/hr and all we heard was a loud bang. It took another 100 meters before car came to a stop after gliding, one wheel even came off it's shaft. Lost 3 tires and 1 rim got broken (stock rim). That was the day I vowed never to let someone drive my car and I will never allow anyone travel with my car unless I'm the one driving.

Ouch, that sounds like a recipe for a disaster in a different scenario.

Glad you lost nothing else.
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 01, 2018
HeavenlyBang:

Ouch, that sounds like a recipe for a disaster in a different scenario.

Glad you lost nothing else.

My brother I really thank God oh. Anything could have happened, the car totally lost control and if we had swerved into a ditch it would have been a different story but thank God it was a straight line. Around 9pm on a lonely road in a village in ekiti with bush on both sides around 9pm. People that knew that road were slowing down to get over the very huge pot hole and nobody dared to stop to help us. I think some of the cars that got past us alerted the opc and within minutes we saw 2 buses filled with opc come straight at us with guns and cutlasses thinking we were robbers and almost started beating us up before we were able to convince them our car had an accident. Anything could have happened that day. And the funny thing is me and one other guy in the car have been complaining about the dangerous driving my bro inlaw was doing but he kept saying it's his village and he knew his way around it. For my life I won't give anyone my car to take on a journey again, never. At the long run I'm the one that ended up fixing the car. One OEM rim, 3 tyres, oem ball joints, shaft rubbers, engine mount and 2 front shocks as the impact from the crash totally damaged the driver side shock.
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by HeavenlyBang(m): 9:24am On Oct 01, 2018
greenhulk:

My brother I really thank God oh. Anything could have happened, the car totally lost control and if we had swerved into a ditch it would have been a different story but thank God it was a straight line. Around 9pm on a lonely road in a village in ekiti with bush on both sides around 9pm. People that knew that road were slowing down to get over the very huge pot hole and nobody dared to stop to help us. I think some of the cars that got past us alerted the opc and within minutes we saw 2 buses filled with opc come straight at us with guns and cutlasses thinking we were robbers and almost started beating us up before we were able to convince them our car had an accident. Anything could have happened that day. And the funny thing is me and one other guy in the car have been complaining about the dangerous driving my bro inlaw was doing but he kept saying it's his village and he knew his way around it. For my life I won't give anyone my car to take on a journey again, never. At the long run I'm the one that ended up fixing the car. One OEM rim, 3 tyres, oem ball joints, shaft rubbers, engine mount and 2 front shocks as the impact from the crash totally damaged the driver side shock.

Absolutely shocking, even more so considering the guy wasn't new to the terrain. Circa 100k expenses just because person no wan hear word.
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by Readonee35L(m): 12:28pm On Oct 01, 2018
dumo1:

This funny man, you have appeared here again grin grin. Which one be Jesus wheel again?
Naso .
No mind kingreign grin

1 Like

Re: See What I Did To My Camry by kingreign(m): 9:17am On Oct 04, 2018
MrFinbarr:

My brotherrr!!!
They talk as if these rims are made of plastic.
I entered better pothole today in an unfamiliar route I took and e no break.

I wonder how they arrived at that conclusion of easy breaking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJixxQeosQ
Watch, you may learn a thing or two.
Re: See What I Did To My Camry by asamwababy: 9:37am On Oct 04, 2018
kingreign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaJixxQeosQ
Watch, you may learn a thing or two.

Thanks fot sharing and OP will understand better if he chooses.

Ignorance and not been exposed plus refusing to take advice on an unknown subject is unfortunate.

If you make a mistake which is due to your not knowing then its okay,just learn and move on but when you want to be defensive and listening to myopic peeps,you re oyo once again.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Siena,: Pls Help Me Out. / Excessive Fuel Consumption (TOYOTA CAMRY 08 I4) / HELP Ford Edge 2008,toyota Highlander 2003, Or Acura Mdx 2005

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.