Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,145 members, 7,815,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Signs Of Worn Or Bad Brake Pads - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Signs Of Worn Or Bad Brake Pads (1024 Views)

I Was Charged $1840 (₦800,000) To Change Brake Pads - Lady Cries Out / 7 Dangers Of Driving On Worn-out Tyres / Car Brake Pads: How Often Should They Be Replaced? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Signs Of Worn Or Bad Brake Pads by CarMecx(m): 11:23am On Sep 26, 2018
Vehicle brake pads and rotors wear out over time. And the lifespan of your brakes depends completely on the quality of your brake material, as well as your driving patterns.
The brake pad is the material that gets pressed against a metal disc or drum (i.e. brake rotor) to stop your vehicle.

Brake pads generally need to be replaced after every 75,000 kilometres driven, on average. However, some brake pads need to be replaced after 25,000 kilometres, while others can last for 40,000 kilometres.

To get a more accurate number for your car’s specific needs, consult your car’s manual.

Symptoms of a worn brake

Clicking, grinding, squeaking, or screeching noise when you apply the brakes.

Vibration in the steering wheel.

Brake or low brake pad warning light is on.

Brake pedal is lower than normal.

Brake pads appear too thin.

The car is pulling to one side when applying the brakes

(1) (Reply)

Uber/taxify Car For Hire Purchase / Hi Guys Pls I Need You Help, Advice And If Possible Steps On How To Solve This! / 2010 Peugeot 407 Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.