Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,114 members, 7,811,133 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? (8697 Views)

I Left Front Seat For My Friend's Wife But She Cautioned Me / Water On Both Sides Of The Front Seat (toyota Camry ‘07) / See The 2030 Futuristic Rolls Royce Concept - Yay Or Nah? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by cover9ja: 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2018
How big a deal is the front seat?

Altercations have been well executed, rifts well indulged in, other forms of petty squabbles gotten into over whose bum gets to sit on the front seat of a vehicle. While that strategic seat in the vehicle may look like just another seat in a car, it has certain level of importance attached to it for varying reasons.

Firstly, the front seat is the most convenient seat in the car after the driver’s seat. Sitting there affords you a much better view of the outside during a ride. Secondly and most importantly, the front seat confers some sort of personal importance to whoever gets to share it with the driver especially if that driver is the owner of the vehicle. That seat has gone beyond just another seat in the car. It has evolved into a symbol of acquiescence with the person who is driving. In simpler terms, the person who shares the front seat with the driver is usually considered the most important person to the driver.

For this reason, what is supposed to be just another seat in a vehicle has not only become an object of heavy significance but has become the subject of both direct and subtle tussles. We have had girlfriends demanding to have the front seat permanently assigned to her while getting offended if the seat is offered to someone who doesn’t have an intimate relationship with her man.

Now the question is this: How important is the front seat? Should something considered by some as that trivial be the subject of any form of drama?

Here’s what I think:

When your partner is driving, the most intimate position for you is the front seat. Beside your partner. It’s a position of intimacy. The person sitting beside the driver of the car is usually the driver’s talk buddy. The driver of the car and the other person in the front seat more often than not have an informal relationship, and that’s why bosses sit at the back of the car since their relationship with the driver is very formal.

Most times, the lady doesn’t mind if her boyfriend’s male buddy or his sister is the one in the front seat, because well it doesn’t in any way connote any form of intimacy between the two guys. But don’t expect her to be comfortable with another girl (who is not immediate) sitting in the front with her boyfriend while she sits at the back like some random chic being helped with a lift.

If you walk up to a car and you see a guy behind the wheels, a girl beside him in the front seat, and a girl sitting behind, who are you going to automatically assume is the guy’s girl? I can’t imagine driving a car and some other lady is beside me in the front seat while my partner is at the back. That’s a travesty.

In conclusion, I think there should be a form of mutual understanding between folks on such trivial issues that may escalate into a full blown feud.

Source:https://cover9ja.com/front-seat-tussle-big-deal-or-nah/

3 Likes

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Mobsync(m): 6:53pm On Sep 26, 2018
I don't know why women make so much fuss about the front seat. If you want to sit in the front seat, buy your own car.

Or can someone chase you to the back seat in your own car?

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by IamLEGEND1: 7:10pm On Sep 26, 2018
Until dem Christ's chosen mopol approach you like:

My brother, now that you are seated on the front seat, is your lifestyle positioning you for a front seat into heaven? If you haven't given your life to Christ, you can join us in our Sunday service or join any prayer group...

*Wants to start dancing*

Me:

17 Likes

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by pocohantas(f): 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2018
I don't even know what it feels like to ride shotgun anymore. I also do not see the big deal in it, but I noticed people who do all that tussle are usually insecure and most times do not own a car, neither can they drive one.

That is the closest they can get to being in control [of a car].

In commercial buses, Nigerian men have already made front seats their birthright. They wanna sit by the window and hang their hands by it. If they meet a female there, they are ready to pursue her. It is their right.

The ladies show themselves most times in their boyfriends car. Some will just put their legs on the dashboard and be taking selfies.

The only seat I can hustle to be in, is the driver's seat and it has to be that of a really badass car. Just to experience it...

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by IamLEGEND1: 8:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
pocohantas:
I don't even know what it feels like to ride shotgun anymore...
Private jets only!
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by JailBreaker(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
interesting.
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by SirLakes: 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
grin

Who front seat help

Even if na me fess enter moto, na back I dey go where I go balance wella wink

1 Like

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Bossontop(m): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
undecided
Jus came here to take note of d liars that wee be claiming dia imaginary vehicles

12 Likes

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Biglittlelois(f): 10:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
The only issue i have with the front seat thingy is when you and your guy go to pick his friend and he tells you to get down, go seat at the back, that's very very disrespectful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Issame: 10:19pm On Sep 26, 2018
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Olodo24: 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
Mobsync:
I don't know why women make so much fuss about the front seat. If you want to sit in the front seat, buy your own car.

and when they manage to use the back seat, they'll be shifting to the window for incoming passengers to squeeze themselves through and sit at the middle.

2 Likes

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by nelronaldo(m): 10:20pm On Sep 26, 2018
The picture though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by sonsomegrigbo: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
Christianity amaka...

Igbo race is the best tribe in the world in terms of....
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Nobody: 10:24pm On Sep 26, 2018
cheesy
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2018
Women like front seat eh. That is the why car owners are "chopping them like biscuit".
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Mobsync(m): 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2018
Olodo24:
and when they manage to use the back seat, they'll be shifting to the window for incoming passengers to squeeze themselves through and sit at the middle.

grin grin grin

You even know them.

Most of them use public transport when not in their bf's car.

When the passenger about to enter tells them to shift, they will tell the passenger to enter inside because they will be dropping at the next bus-stop.

At the end of the day, they will drop at the last bus-stop. grin grin grin

Nigerian girls, success is not sexually transmitted. There is absolutely nothing wrong in you struggling hard to make your own money.

5 Likes

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by id4sho(m): 10:29pm On Sep 26, 2018
Naija ladies be forming sophisticated on front seat, SUCCESS IS NOT SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED.

spreading STDs upandan
#BACKTODAURA

1 Like

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by boolet: 10:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
lol
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Olodo24: 10:34pm On Sep 26, 2018
Mobsync:

grin grin grin

You even know them.

Most of them use public transport when not in their bf's car.

When the passenger about to enter tells them to shift, they will tell the passenger to enter inside because they will be dropping at the next bus-stop.

At the end of the day, they will drop at the last bus-stop. grin grin grin

Nigerian girls, success is not sexually transmitted. There is absolutely nothing wrong in you struggling hard to make your own money.
lollll. chai. them use window do them? How can I be feeling big in a public vehicle? Even if you own a car, once you're in a public vehicle, behave.

And the fat ones are the worst culprits in this regard

2 Likes

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Sep 26, 2018
Instead of making a fuss over front seat, why not buy your own car and own a front seat, that being said,

If you are riding with your partner, I think he or she should seat in the front.

Every other person should save the energy and strive at buying their own ride, I hate it when people fight over another man's front seat especially in public vehicles like they are supposed to seat there forever sad
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by edeXede: 10:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
pocohantas:
I don't even know what it feels like to ride shotgun anymore. I also do not see the big deal in it, but I noticed people who do all that tussle are usually insecure and most times do not own a car, neither can they drive one.

That is the closest they can get to being in control [of a car].

In commercial buses, Nigerian men have already made front seats their birthright. They wanna sit by the window and hang their hands by it. If they meet a female there, they are ready to pursue her. It is their right.

The ladies show themselves most times in their boyfriends car. Some will just put their legs on the dashboard and be taking selfies.

The only seat I can hustle to be in, is the driver's seat and it has to be that of a really badass car. Just to experience it...

At the bolded, wrong assertion

1 Like

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by pocohantas(f): 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
IamLEGEND1:
Private jets only!

You own one? smiley

edeXede:

At the bolded, wrong assertion

Your opinion dear... wink
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 11:18pm On Sep 26, 2018
Biglittlelois:
The only issue i have with the front seat thingy is when you and your guy go to pick his friend and he tells you to get down, go seat at the back, that's very very disrespectful.
Who does that!!!

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Biglittlelois(f): 11:21pm On Sep 26, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Who does that!!!

Believe me, there are guys like that
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by OlujobaSamuel: 11:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
i prefer front seat, if nod available, a seat close to the window, i cant sit in a position where i can inhale carbon emission, it affects my health.
I'd rather wait for next turn as I cant also fight for seat.

1 Like

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by Tollzara(m): 11:49pm On Sep 26, 2018
Mobsync:

You don't have to tell us that you didn't read that post.

1 Like

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by naijacentric(m): 12:11am On Sep 27, 2018
Seat na seat but its funny if its dose inter state buses u dont see people rushing the front seat grin
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by DonHummer(m): 12:21am On Sep 27, 2018
That front seat to some ladies means being in control.
Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by lonelydora: 1:05am On Sep 27, 2018
Nobody, not even an elder family member drags front seat with my love.

Meanwhile,

Why do people who sit in front of commercial buses feel they have made it in life?

1 Like

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by DaddyNimo(m): 1:32am On Sep 27, 2018
Biglittlelois:
bros before hoes

2 Likes

Re: Front Seat Tussle: Big Deal Or Nah? by viktohmarkz(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2018
I don't see a fuss about front seat,
weeks back I asked my friend if he got a car who would take the front seat between his friend and girlfriend baba said it was gonna be his girlfriend, Omo our Nigerian girls have seen more front seat than mechanics

(1) (2) (Reply)

12 Amazing Car Care Tips You Should Know About / Tips For Driving Safely In The Rain / Facts About The Car Lighting System You Might Not Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.