Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,049 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? (1979 Views)

A Friend Borrowed My Car And Brought It Back Like This / I Went To Driving School Today And I'm Really Giving Up. / Let’s Laugh Together And Also Learn From My Funny Experience (2) (3) (4)

Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by 7years: 4:00pm On Sep 26, 2018
Hello everyone;
All inputs will be appreciated please between learning from a friend and going to a driving school which do you think is the best cos a friend once said anyone can learn driving under 2hours....
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by HeavenlyBang(m): 4:02pm On Sep 26, 2018
7years:
Hello everyone;
All inputs will be appreciated please between learning from a friend and going to a driving school which do you think is the best cos a friend once said anyone can learn driving under 2hours....

Learn how to move, maybe. Takes much longer to learn how to actually drive.

Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by izzou(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2018

If you have the money, you can opt for a driving school. But if you don't, then your friend can teach you

But remember, you will only know what your friend knows, and you may probably drive like him

If your friend doesn't see the need for a seatbelt, you will not see the need for it too

Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by 7years: 5:22pm On Sep 26, 2018
izzou:

If you have the money, you can opt for a driving school. But if you don't, then your friend can teach you

If your friend doesn't see the need for a seatbelt, you will not see the need for it too
that's true I just feel like driving school waste time thanks BTW
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by obisite: 9:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
7years:
Hello everyone;

Learning either via driving school or a friend depends on how smart n courageous the learner is,, having a theoretical knowledge helps a lot, it can go a long way,,

I learnt driving with this big limca delivery truck,, just with a day hour during work, .. Then start driving with car few days
Would advice if you're to learn through your friend, don't use automatic... Manual preferably...

N mind you one can't learn all driving skills,, some will be theories... The good side of driving school is, they will teach you the different signs n road division line n signs.... That's the only good side of it I see..
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by 7years: 9:41pm On Sep 26, 2018
obisite:

Learning either via driving school or a friend depends on how smart n courageous the learner is,, having a theoretical knowledge helps a lot, it can go a long way,,

I learnt driving with this big limca delivery truck,, just a day.. Then start driving with small car..

N mind you one can't learn all driving skills,, some will be theories... The good side of driving school is, they will teach you the different signs n road division line n signs.... That's the only good side of it I see..
thanks bro
God bless
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by obisite: 9:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
7years:

thanks bro
God bless

Learn with manual
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by 7years: 9:52pm On Sep 26, 2018
obisite:

Learn with manual
Baba me dey reason say manual don go extinction now
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 26, 2018
7years:

Baba me dey reason say manual don go extinction now

Learn with manual, u don't know the day it will come in handy in case of an emergency and the only car available is a manual.
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by 7years: 10:35pm On Sep 26, 2018
greenhulk:

Learn with manual, u don't know the way it will come in handy in case of an emergency and the only car available is a manual.
alright bro
That should be available in the driving school I guess; talking about manual cars.....
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by 9icetoo(m): 7:27am On Sep 27, 2018
7years:

that's true I just feel like driving school waste time thanks BTW
You didn't get the message. Its better to go to a driving school. There, you will learn road rules, learn how to interpreted road signs and generally be a better driver. If your friend drives like a danfo driver, he will probably teach you to drive like one and we will continue to have the carnage we have on our roads.
Try a driving school with a friend probably to help you master the art of driving after you have learnt the basics. And you also avoid bashing his car while learning. cool

Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by Readonee35L(m): 11:06am On Sep 27, 2018
Driving school biko.
I cant teach anybody driving again you wouldn't know the struggle until you teach a sturbborn person. They will make you sweat inside the car even with the ac On grin grin

Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by finofaya: 10:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
Driving school!

You can't learn to drive in 2 hours. This is even more true if you're learning to drive with a manual. There's just so much to learn! My friend first taught me how to drive before I went to driving school and I appreciated the driving school more.

At driving school, you don't have to worry about damaging the car or fueling it for the many hours of driving you need. The instructor is also likely to be more patient with your mistakes than your friend who thinks you should graduate two hours after he starts teaching you. You will really appreciate having a patient instructor, trust me.

Watching your fellow learner drivers drive during your driving sessions is also a good learning experience. I think it teaches you better than watching an experienced driver. Plus, if one of the learners is worse than you, you get a confidence boost.

From driving school you can get a learner's permit and also be halfway to getting your driver's license. If you don't go to driving school you'll still have to pay for the certificate when you want to get your license.

The additional hours of driving you'll get from driving school mean that when you start driving alone you can drive your car with more confidence and less fear of catastrophe. That sort of confidence only comes with plenty practice and you don't want to be doing the practice with your car.

As others have mentioned, at driving school you'll probably get to learn how to use the road too, not just how to operate the car. It's important to know both.

If I were you, I'd go to driving school. Which ever one you end up choosing though, godspeed!

Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by computerglobal(m): 9:34am On Sep 28, 2018
7years:
Hello everyone;

Sir,driving school is better,you will learn all traffic rules when driving,what to do and what not to do and much easier to apply for a driver's license once you complete your driving training.
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by computerglobal(m): 9:35am On Sep 28, 2018
izzou:

[b]
But remember, you will only know what your friend knows, and you may probably drive like him

If your friend doesn't see the need for a seatbelt, you will not see the need for it too[/b]

Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by 7years: 2:06pm On Sep 28, 2018
computerglobal:

Sir,driving school is better,you will learn all traffic rules when driving,what to do and what not to do and much easier to apply for a driver's license once you complete your driving training.
Thanks bro
I understand now

Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Sep 28, 2018
Re: Driving School Or Learn From A Friend?? by wait: 9:10pm On Sep 28, 2018
Driving school, once you done with everything, find a good paying job then drive your friend

Mercedes Benz E500 4matic V8 Kompressor For Urgent Sale / Bought Suzuki Every And Found Toyota Engine / Ford Explorer Xlt 02-04