Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No (808 Views)

MTN SIM Registration Again! / How To Do Your SIM Registration At Home With Your BVN Details / SIM Registration: FG To Sanction Telcos Over Customers’ Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by truly: 12:06pm On Jul 08, 2010
NCC requires SIM card registration to "frustrate and capture criminals"
Amongs the details required is the subscriber's fingerprints

Does it not compromise national security to have private companies (especially foreign companies) capture fingerprints of Nigerians
We remember how Israel forged passports for its recent Dubai operations

And besides, why should a criminal use his own registered SIM to call relatives of his victims

Look at the article below
A kidnapper uses SIM card of their victims
An armed robber can steal SIM cards at gun point

Against SIM card registration
http://ww2.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16206:-against-sim-card-registration&catid=38:columnists&Itemid=615

We need to think harder in this country
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by netotse(m): 12:09pm On Jul 08, 2010
truly:

NCC requires SIM card registration to "frustrate and capture criminals"
Amongs the details required is the subscriber's fingerprints

Does it not compromise national security to have private companies (especially foreign companies) capture fingerprints of Nigerians
We remember how Israel forged passports for its recent Dubai operations

And besides, why should a criminal use his own registered SIM to call relatives of his victims

Look at the article below
A kidnapper uses SIM card of their victims
An armed robber can steal SIM cards at gun point

Against SIM card registration
http://ww2.guardiannewsngr.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16206:-against-sim-card-registration&catid=38:columnists&Itemid=615

We need to think harder in this country
if any of the bolded happens, what stops you from reporting your sim as stolen?

YOU, my dear friend need to start thinking
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by aieromon(m): 1:20pm On Jul 08, 2010
@OP
What's your point?
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:10pm On Jul 08, 2010
given the nigerian police factor, if ur fone is stolen and used to make calls within a very short period of time before you reported the loss dude u in a pile of poo!!!!

this thing solves nothing but assuage somebody's need for a contract, and the govt's need to have critical data to exploit!!
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by DualCore1: 4:45pm On Jul 08, 2010
hmmm 'assuage'. 4ller no be you again? which time u start to knack grammar?
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by netotse(m): 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2010
Dual Core:

na just now you dey sabi im logo?. . .we don sabi tay tay. . .lol
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by DualCore1: 5:42pm On Jul 08, 2010
Ha! the guy na were. Him na my padi and we dey smoke from the same pot for ghetto so where him learn grammer from?
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by puskin: 11:31pm On Jul 08, 2010
. . . . ^ ^ eh!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by ice234: 6:00pm On Jul 10, 2010
my concern is my privacy
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by n3rve(m): 6:34pm On Jul 10, 2010
illuminati crawling into the country shocked cool
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by WackyJ1(m): 5:10pm On Jul 12, 2010
I just read the article and i totally agree with the writer. Sim card registration is a waste of time and resources. The issue should be forgotten
Re: Sim Registration And My Fingerprints - No by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:41am On Jul 14, 2010
Dual Core:

must u display your astounding level of debilitating ignorance all the time?

and please whats with the associative insinuations, do i know you? tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

mad man, u dey hide status for YIm these days shey?. e be like i go send u one gift for yahoo, make u battle trojan small!! tongue tongue tongue

(1) (Reply)

Help On Nokia 2630 / I Need Google G1 Or Htc Diamond / I Need Nokia N900 Original Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.