Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,027 members, 7,810,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 PM

Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford (26842 Views)

Does Pep Need To Win UCL At Man City To Save His Legacy?? / Lionel Messi And Cristiano Ronaldo Now Out Of Champions League again / Sir Alex Ferguson Gives Arsene Wenger A Vase On His Last Game At Old Trafford (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by myfootballface: 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2018
Juventus forward Cristiano Ronaldo will be available to play former club Manchester United next month after Uefa ruled he must serve only a one-match ban for his Champions League red card.

The Portugal captain, 33, was sent off during Juve's 2-0 win over Valencia last week after appearing to pull defender Jeison Murillo's hair.
It was the first Champions League red card of Ronaldo's career.
Juventus play United in Group H at Old Trafford on 23 October.

A three-match suspension would have seen Ronaldo also miss the return fixture in Turin on 7 November.
He will definitely miss Juve's next Champions League game against Swiss club Young Boys on 2 October.
Five-time Champions League winner Ronaldo - who joined Juve from Real Madrid for £99.2m in the summer - tried to latch onto a cross when he was blocked off by a tumbling Murillo.
He gesticulated to Murillo to get up and appeared to pull the defender's hair before turning away in frustration.
Referee Felix Brych consulted his assistant behind the goal before producing a red card, reducing Ronaldo to tears as he left the pitch.

Unlike the Premier League's automatic three-game ban for violent conduct, Uefa's punishments are on a case-by-case basis.
A one-game ban is automatic - with no right of appeal - but Uefa regulation 50.01 for the competition says that "in case of serious offences, the Uefa control, ethics and disciplinary body is entitled to augment this punishment".

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/45663148

Me I'm just here wondering: would this much attention be shown to a lesser known player's red card?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by daviesblaze(m): 5:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
I BET. he won't be able to net a goal against mancheter united.
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Adebisi444: 5:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
daviesblaze:
I BET. he won't be able to net a goal against mancheter united.
We shall see maybe he won't...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by KrystosCJ(m): 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
At least he will not cry again..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by chrisifeanyi: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
Juve 5- Man U- 1. I have lost hope in my Man u cry cry cry

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by morikee: 8:12pm On Sep 27, 2018
Omo Osun don cast

5 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by soldadoe(m): 8:13pm On Sep 27, 2018
With this Stale Man u! Just kill us finish grin grin....God save us from Mr Jose and Paul

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by cabilla(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
nice
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Pchain: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2018

Me I'm just here wondering: would this much attention be shown to a lesser known player's red card?
@myfootballface
Would a club go through a haggle with UEFA over any unproductive field player that will not change the possible outcome of any match?
If that lesser unknown player got caught in the same web, and he's a productive player, the club will go all hell for him especially when it could be justified.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by ipobarecriminals: 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
sad pogba wan ruin MOU career

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by iykeism(m): 8:14pm On Sep 27, 2018
kiss just because it is Ronaldo ba!
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by goshen26: 8:20pm On Sep 27, 2018
Can u imagine a guy that came to sport bet shop today to play about Osun rerun

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by JailBreaker(m): 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2018
Even Real Madrid fans wont miss this game cheesy

Study For Free In Australia - Curtin University International Scholarship

http://tellcollege..com/2018/09/curtin-university-crl-merit-scholarship.html

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by goshen26: 8:21pm On Sep 27, 2018

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Damfostopper(m): 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
and he will use Manchester United to get a hattrick.....

until d sack mourinho.... I'm not wasting my time to watch that useless team
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Nobody: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
m
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by longjon: 8:22pm On Sep 27, 2018
chrisifeanyi:

For Man U to qualify dron that group , they’ll have to defeat Valencia at least . Cos Juve is definitely topping that group.

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Lagbaja01(m): 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2018
Man U fans wont be happy to hear this undecided undecided grin grin

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
goshen26:

mayb e c "sure odd" lol
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2018
Uk US and nigerian adsense account available send me a pm if interested or call 0903 714 7924
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by JerryLegend(m): 8:25pm On Sep 27, 2018
Damn! Manchester United form at the moment is giving me headache

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Surds: 8:30pm On Sep 27, 2018
Good .
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by AndriaRich(m): 8:32pm On Sep 27, 2018
I'm coming home...
I'm coming home....
Tell the world, I'm coming home...
#cr7...

Man U fans rye naw... grin

2 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by ike007(m): 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
As if they weren't going to thrash us before... Na dem Sabi
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by Surds: 8:33pm On Sep 27, 2018
Lagbaja01:
Man U fans wont be happy to hear this undecided undecided grin grin
Bro I'm a United fan, and this is great news .

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by izzy4shizzy(m): 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2018
It's going to be Ronaldo vs Man u

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by tesppidd: 8:40pm On Sep 27, 2018
Ronaldo can now stop crying.
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by nymphomaniac(m): 8:43pm On Sep 27, 2018
Man u 1-7 Juve

4 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by marttol: 8:52pm On Sep 27, 2018
chrisifeanyi:
me tll
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by igchuka(m): 9:16pm On Sep 27, 2018
Re: Ronaldo Now Eligible To Face Manchester United In The UCL At Old Trafford by enemyofprogress: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2018
chrisifeanyi:
me too

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Liverpool Lift Their Sixth Champions League Trophy (Video) / Gernot Rohr Releases List Of Super Eagles Players For World Cup Qualifiers / Wayne Rooney Suffers Eye Injury During Clash With Bournemouth (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.