Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,155 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? (800 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / If This Continues, Divorce Is Inevitable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? by Mauricemoh: 12:22am On Jul 09, 2010
Today, there is so much noise about dating among singles. This is largely copied from Western cultures. Dating is about inviting someone of interest to you for an opportunity to start a relationship. Would you expect the one being dated to reveal her ugly side? If that relationship leads to marriage, then what was hid would be uncovered. Do not deceive yourself. Go to God and He will choose the right person for you.

Another crucial issue for the married is divorce. As far as God's Word is concerned, only death can separate a couple. Today, some people are arguing that the court can grant them divorce. But it is the court, not God.

That the court of the land honoured your divorce case does not mean that God has approved it. God has His standard which is written in the Bible and He does not have to bend to conform to the laws of the land. That some countries or states have legalized abortion does not mean that Heaven no longer regard abortion as sin. If you allow yourself to be carried away by the unrighteous laws of the land, remember, one day, both you and the judges of your nation will individually stand to be judged by the Word of God that is forever settled in Heaven.

On the other hand, were divorce to be allowed, does it add to or remove from you? The least it can do is to spoil your C.V. If you want to take up a job and you fill in your form that you are divorced, it automatically alarms your potential employers that they are dealing with a failure. Responsible men and women are sought for very important positions in organizations.

If you are divorced, it means that you could not manage just one woman or at best with a few children: then how can you manage 10, 20, 50 or hundreds of employees? If a marriage fails or succeeds, everything can be traced to the head - the man. Are you married? Then you must do everything that is required for that marriage to work -excluding sinning against God. It is your duty to build your home. It is a thing of honour to hear that you keep your home and remained with one wife all through your days. You can join the winning married men and women today and let God have His way in your union.

Divorce is dealing with the symptoms and not the real cause of marital problems. Divorce is not a strength but a show of extreme weakness. for more family related issues visitwww.familyparent..com
Re: Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? by Sissy3(f): 1:34am On Jul 09, 2010
Divorce(with a good reason) and courtship is not immoral in my "book of morals"
Re: Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? by mutter(f): 1:55am On Jul 10, 2010
I believe and have faith that God approved my divorce.
I prayed very long about it and God knows I endured. To avoid divorce I found myself even praying for God to take his life and set me free undecided Then I would quickly pray to God to forgive me for even thinking such a thing. But I know now it was wrong to have believed that the marriage would work out. It only got worse. That is why I cannot honestly say that I believe that one must stay in a marriage at all cost. What did my divorce add to me? It gave me back my life, my sanity,
I really hope and pray that Nigeria would one day be so developed that women do not have to be trapped in marriages for financial or other reasons when it becomes unbearable.
Re: Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? by Sissy3(f): 2:27am On Jul 10, 2010
mutter:

I believe and have faith that God approved my divorce.
I prayed very long about it and God knows I endured. To avoid divorce I found myself even praying for God to take his life and set me free undecided Then I would quickly pray to God to forgive me for even thinking such a thing. But I know now it was wrong to have believed that the marriage would work out. It only got worse. That is why[b] I cannot honestly say that I believe that one must stay in a marriage at all cost.[/b] What did my divorce add to me? It gave me back my life, my sanity,
I really hope and pray that Nigeria would one day be so developed that women do not have to be trapped in marriages for financial or other reasons when it becomes unbearable.

definitely agree. "for better, for worse" not when i am being abused and tormented. i believe and i know God loves me dearly and would want my joy and happiness and has more in-store for me as his beloved child than to die in a miserable 'marriage'.  life is wayyyy tooo short to be the punch back of a boxer who will never make it to boxing hall of fame. but many women still sadly learn that the hard-way
Re: Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? by Girl846(f): 11:56pm On Jul 14, 2010
Well, we are in the end times and many are being deceived and swept away with the world. cry May God have mercy on us all!
Re: Dating, Abortion And Divorce: Is It Moral? by iyerim: 3:35pm On Jul 19, 2010
lipsrsealed

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Black Couple Give Birth To A Blonde Baby / Work Is Anti-family / Court Dissolves Marriage Following Husband's Abuse By Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.