Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,631 members, 7,820,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist (5232 Views)

Mentally-Unstable Woman Seen With Her Baby Wondering In Ogba, Lagos / Why Are Husbands Aggressive To Their Wives When They Are Financially Unstable? / 70% Of Marital Problems Are About Sexual Satisfaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 3:11pm On Jul 09, 2010
denony:

people agreeing that the percentage is ok, are also on the list
if  they like let them take it to 99.9% am among the .1% left.

What makes u think u are among the 1% cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't be too sure my friend.

I was reading a book and the author quoted some experts who asserted that every normal human being exhibits at least 3 minutes of madness daily. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
So tell me, what can u make out from this statement if it is to be taken seriously?
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 3:15pm On Jul 09, 2010
tkb417:

haha

the boi is mentally balanced; hes scared of buying okrika grin grin grin grin

Mentally balanced ke! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Ok, to what percentage is he mentally balanced then? maybe around 65% abi? cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
What happens to the remaining 35% cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Tolulop001(f): 3:24pm On Jul 09, 2010
oisehumen:

But seriously, some many people in Naija are really unstable upstairs, though not up to 70% sha.

Imagine what i witnessed some minutes ago when i went out for lunch.
A young man of not more than 25 years bought a singlet from a hawker along the road. U won't believe what this young man did! In the full glare of the public, he removed his shirt and wore the singlet. I challenged him why he was doing that; he simply told me he was 'testing' it. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

LOL grin grin grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by wale4x35(m): 3:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
I agree but not to 70%

Step on the toe of any Nigerian to find out.

We make issues out of tissues   undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oluagness(m): 3:49pm On Jul 09, 2010
These politician must be highly involved. No wonder they commit various atrocities
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Spyker: 4:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
If they count poverty as a state of mental disability, then 70% is too small. May be 95%. Otherwise, i don't believe this crap. It's just like the American survey which says Africans have low IQ. Utter rubbish.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Agibecky: 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
No wonder many people I know suddenly go loco without notice and they still think they are normal.
Nigeria is in trouble.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Redman44(m): 4:21pm On Jul 09, 2010
The Psychiatrist's conclusions are very subjective. I'm afraid I'm not buying into his argument. Yeah, some Nigerians might display strange behaviour once in a while or might be certified mad men and women, but that does not make 70% of Nigerians mentally unstable. I'm talking from experience. Someone might start behaving aggressively due to the pressures of life. Maybe the person is jobless or he's just be swindled by fraudsters. What about a lady who has just been jilted by a guy she loves deeply? Loads of things happen in this life but I've noticed that as soon as we put bad occurrences behind us, we become ourselves again. I make bold to say there were times when I've behaved like a lunatic in the past [ Though I was sane and doing well with my life ] due to some issues I had.

As for the lady that said she has come across many Nigerians with mental problems in the UK, I agree with her to an extent. However, her line of argument is also subjective. Many Nigerians in Britain are worried because of visa problems, bewitchment by envious people [ Don't laugh o ] veiled racism and their daily struggle to survive. The whites in Britain have their own mental problems too. I only pray that God sees us through in all our endeavours in life and wherever we find ourselves.  Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 4:32pm On Jul 09, 2010
Redman44:

The Psychiatrist's conclusions are very subjective. I'm afraid I'm not buying into his argument. Yeah, some Nigerians might display strange behaviour once in a while or might be certified mad men and women, but that does not make 70% of Nigerians mentally unstable. I'm talking from experience. Someone might start behaving aggressively due to the pressures of life. Maybe the person is jobless or he's just be swindled by fraudsters. What about a lady who has just been jilted by a guy she loves deeply? Loads of things happen in this life but I've noticed that as soon as we put bad occurrences behind us, we become ourselves again. I make bold to say there were times when I've behaved like a lunatic in the past [ Though I was sane and doing well with my life ] due to some issues I had.

As for the lady that said she has come across many Nigerians with mental problems in the UK, I agree with her to an extent. However, her line of argument is also subjective. Many Nigerians in Britain are worried because of visa problems, bewitchment by envious people [ Don't laugh o ] veiled racism and their daily struggle to survive. The whites in Britain have their own mental problems too. I only pray that God sees us through in all our endeavours in life and wherever we find ourselves.  Cheers.

www.vibes-extra..com

Nice piece
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by canuck(m): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2010
Abeg, @Redman44 & co, before you hang Dr. Psychiatrist by the noose, answer this question:

"Do 70% (or more) of Nigerian leaders exhibit mental instability in form of blind greed, aggravated kleptomaniac tendencies (aka corruption), unreasonable grip on power, and lack of sensitivity to those they swore to serve?"

If yes, the apple never falls far from the tree.

Persin wey dey craze be the last to know say him craze o! Na the cure we suppose dey look for. grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by spicyhoney(f): 4:50pm On Jul 09, 2010
7O% indeed!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by oisehumen(m): 4:56pm On Jul 09, 2010
But me think that 90% of our polithiievians are mentally unstable grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by bawomolo(m): 5:13pm On Jul 09, 2010
its the mentally unstable ones we see campaigning for IBB on nairaland grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Acidosis(m): 5:29pm On Jul 09, 2010
That Psychiatrist Needs To Be Observed By A Psychologist.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by daytona500(m): 5:59pm On Jul 09, 2010
The researcher probably conducted his research in a mental institution. Or, may be he surveyed some angry people who are still seeking employment after years of graduation.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Igwe9(m): 6:07pm On Jul 09, 2010
case study; nairanland smiley
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by rabzy: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2010
What is the Meaning of 'Mentally Unstable'? How long do you have to be mentally Unstable for you to be 'mentally unstable',

He must have surveyed himself and found out he is 70% 'mentally unstable', and we can't trust his judgement because he is definitely mentally unstable,
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Outstrip(f): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2010
People are just upset about this but I still say I believe. There are some accepted behaviors that I see displayed sometimes that I completely feel are psychopathic but Nigerians will say it is okay or that is just the way things are done. Coupled with the fact that most people are frustrated then we have a serious problem. Now these might not be people running the streets naked trying to hump the woman selling akara but some behaviors to me that are generally accepted are not normal. The funny thing is that we laugh about some of the behaviors too. LOL. Just like I am laughing now
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by davidif: 6:35pm On Jul 09, 2010
HA HA HA HA HA HA, THIS IS HILLLLLLARIOUS. I WOULD LOVE TO SAY THAT I KNEW IT BUT THE TRUTH OF THE MATTER IS THAT THIS BROAD GENERAL STATEMENT IS CONJECTURE AT ITS WORST. THE SO CALLED PSYCHIATRIST IS JUST THROWING OUT RANDOM NUMBERS AROUND.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by mamagee3(f): 6:40pm On Jul 09, 2010
That psychiatrist must be dead drunk. . .

Saying that 70% of Nigerians are mentally insufficient is a daft talk.

Probably, he should reserve his services for someone who really cares about the talk of a dummie.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by reindeer: 6:46pm On Jul 09, 2010
For real guys
The stat may not be far from the truth!
A mixture of poverty and frustrations makes for mental instability, and guess how many nigerians live below the poverty line?
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by NADYBOY: 7:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
The research may have been conducted in Government Houses, National and State Assemblies. Doubtlessly, the occupants of the aforementioned places are dangerously greedy and insane.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by yme1(f): 7:05pm On Jul 09, 2010
70% shocked shocked that's too much exaggeration
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by EmmyBoy2(m): 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2010
@oisehumen-I nearly fell of my chair reading that. grin grin grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Radiant(f): 9:48pm On Jul 09, 2010
A person who sees and interacts with only mad people daily is not far from being mad also. grin grin grin

LMAO! Absolutely hilarious! He said 7 out of 10 displayed a strange behaviour grin
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Emmyk(m): 10:02pm On Jul 09, 2010
undecided That is soo untruth
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Emmyk(m): 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2010
Radiant:

A person who sees and interacts with only mad people daily is not far from being mad also.
that is it!!!, you've said it all :-D smiley lwkmd. case closed
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by buzugee(m): 10:55pm On Jul 09, 2010
without a question of doubt this is a very anemic estimate. i am leaning more towards 90 percent. folks you have to remember that craziness is relative. you dont have to be outright crazy to be certified crazy. nigerians are a very peculiar bunch. they all have some kind of mental defect that either makes them extremely hot tempered ( our igbo brothers and hausa brothers should know about this one), extremely morally bankrupt ( fraud, embezzlement, armed robbery, police checkpoint robbery, immigration officer robbery, etc etc), extremely ostentatious (this is a mental defect too), extremely inconsiderate (this falls under sociopathic behavior and includes closing a whole street because they are havin a party), extremely arrogant (this is sociopathic behavior), easily bawled over by material goods (this is sociopathic behavior ).
my point being over 99 percent of nigerians have sociopathic tendencies. this is a mental disorder
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Cohomology: 11:08pm On Jul 09, 2010
It's more than 70%.
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Beaf: 11:17pm On Jul 09, 2010
The poor psychiatrist has been drinking too much sepe! grin
Many are unstable, but 70%? Abeg, somebody sack dat yeye doctor jare!
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Ndipe(m): 12:45am On Jul 10, 2010
Absurd statistic. How did the 'psychatrist' arrive at such a preposterous conclusion or did he test every single Nigerian to determine their sanity?
Re: 70% Of Nigerians Are Mentally Unstable - Psychiatrist by Pafuri(m): 2:55am On Jul 10, 2010
I'm outta here!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Was The Cause Of Disagreement When Making Wedding Plan? / Why Are Nigerians Terrified Of Gay Marriages In America? / Would You Take Your Kids To This Boarding Schools?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.