Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:09 AM

Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! (22997 Views)

Tecno Pop 7 Pro Is The Best Budget Smartphone You Can Find Now / Wanna Save Money When You Buy A Smartphone?? You Need This / Which Smartphone You Like Most Or You Have Some Recommendation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Kikkyalibi: 12:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
Smartphones have become a very important part of our lives.

This is largely due to the important tasks they carry out and voids they fill in our every-day life.

With every new day, new innovations and improvement in technology lead to new releases of ‘smarter’ smartphones. But As awesome as having a smartphone is, one of the frustrating thing about it is the battery which is not everlasting.

With the invention of mobile phones came different myths and misconceptions on how to and how not to use a mobile device and their batteries.

Here are six things you believed wrong about smartphone’s batteries:

#1. Never Use Your Phone While It Charges

Alot of smartphone users generally believe using a phone while it charges has a negative impact on the longetivity of the battery life. This is only possible if you are using a low-quality ‘fake’ charger. Whether you use your phone while it charges or not, your battery will charge as expected with a good charger. This is because; while charging your phone, applications still run in the background and your phone device runs synced applications. So even if you do not use your phone, your phone is using your phone. Only in cases of overheating should you dial the action back abit.

#2. Your Battery Will Spoil If You Charge Your Phone Overnight

They are called ‘smart’ phones for a reason as most smartphones have been built to recognize when a battery is at a fully charged capacity and so, will stop charging. But for those who believe the battery has to be fully charged for them to have an optimal experience with the phone; your phone battery is optimal from 40 – 80 percent.

#3. You Should Only Use Brand/Follow-Come Chargers with Your Phone

False. While it is advisable to use good chargers, it is not a must to use the brand’s own charger only to charge your smartphone. Most Smartphone manufacturers enjoin you to use the official charger that comes with your phone. This is mainly because they highly recommend it as it is their brand but they do not specify that you don’t use any other charger. Meanwhile, stay away from knock-off, run-off-the-mills chargers.

#4. Surfing The Internet Will Drain The Battery Faster Than Anything Else

This is so not true because the internet still runs after you drop your phone when you are done with Instagram and Snap chat. Turning off your data only increases battery life to about 30%. But the number one thing that sucks the life out of your smartphone device is gaming. The high-end graphics engines are usually massive energy drainers. Which means that if you game a lot on your devices, you need to learn to dim the screen as much as you can while playing.

#5. Completely Drain Your Battery Before Plugging It In Again

These days, smartphones come with lithium-ion batteries are much different from the old batteries which we can say were ‘not so smart’. Every battery has a full capacity they can reach but the older batteries would “forget” their full capacity, so they normally wouldn’t be able to fully charge again over time.

So back then, folks would completely drain the battery to 0% before charging it again.

Smartphones today have lithium-ion batteries, which don’t suffer have “memory problems” of older nickel cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries. So, you can top-up that battery anytime without discharging it completely.

#6. Keeping It In The Fridge Will Improve Battery Life.

Very Wrong. The appropriate temperature for a smartphone battery is at room’s temperature – 20° - 25° C. A too low or too high temperature range will damage the battery.

Stay On Alibi Blog For More!

http://alibiblog.com.ng/?p=715

Picture Credit: Pixabay/123rf

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Daevid(m): 3:01pm On Sep 29, 2018
Okay
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Ejadike(m): 5:19pm On Sep 29, 2018
Thanks for sharing this Op.
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by LOVEGINO(m): 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2018
5 is true

1 Like

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by GentleMoney: 9:36pm On Sep 29, 2018
grin

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Cletus77(m): 12:37am On Sep 30, 2018
Informative
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Olachase(m): 8:21am On Sep 30, 2018
number #6 just weak me I no fit eat again

4 Likes

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Realboygenius(m): 7:32am On Oct 02, 2018
Very informative
Good one OP

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by legalwealth(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2018
Ok
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by In2systemsTech(m): 7:52am On Oct 02, 2018
very interesting topic..

BUT

#1. Never Use Your Phone While It Charges.... Its just the fear of the battery doing extra work and thereby blowing on your face... you didnt say anything on that

#4. Surfing The Internet Will Drain The Battery Faster Than Anything Else... Surfing the internet will definitely drain your battery faster because your screen light are always on.....

Meanwhile if you are low on budget and need a cheap phone with the following specs

Homtom S16 Key Specs and Features

5.5-inch IPS display, 1280 x 640 (260 ppi)
Quad core 1.3GHz ARM Cortex-A7 (MediaTek MT6580)
Android 7.0 Nougat and 2 GB
16 GB internal storage with support for memory card up to 32 GB
Fingerprint Sensor (Rear)
Removable 3000 mAh
Dual 13MP + 2MP rear camera with LED flash

Comes with a

Free: Case for protection

its just

Price: 25,500 Nigerian Naira

CALLS&WHATSAPP:07038465582

HIT ME UP

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by dingbang(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2018
shocked
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by JeffreyJames(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2018
Preach it Op. A lot of Nigerians don't know lol
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by homesteady(m): 7:53am On Oct 02, 2018
About the follow come charger/ Brand Charger, it's more advisable to use them because of certain advantages. for example, The Charging port of my Samsung got burnt due to unstable current, and the charging port was connected to the motherboard of the phone. When I went to a Samsung shop, they told me that if I was using the follow come charger, the mouth (the place connected to the phone) of the Charger would have gotten spoilt and not my charging port.

They might have been lying tho'.

2 Likes

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2018
The OP can lie o!

No one has ever told me keeping phone in fridge increases battery life.

Haba!
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by geadom: 7:54am On Oct 02, 2018
Hmmmm..... Rules and regulations
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by itsCornie(f): 7:55am On Oct 02, 2018
No.6 tho,keeping the ba3 in the fridge to prolong it's life span cracked me up grin grin
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Adasun(m): 7:56am On Oct 02, 2018
GentleMoney:
grin
save dat power banks please. cheesy

*check my signature*
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 02, 2018
You for just stop for number 5!

4 Likes

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Biggcake: 7:58am On Oct 02, 2018
GentleMoney:
grin
sense will not kill you
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by zubydave(m): 8:03am On Oct 02, 2018
OP, I don't quite agree with number 4; as d rate of data download from the internet is higher compared to when phone is on idle state. This translates to higher power usage at the time of this massive download of information from the internet.

1 Like

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by RatedStar: 8:03am On Oct 02, 2018
Awol1:
The OP can lie o!

Haba!

BB days
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Myketuale(m): 8:03am On Oct 02, 2018
Awol1:
The OP can lie o!

Haba!
if they haven't told u before, they have told someone if u don't know. so stop calling anyone a liar.
good morning.
Good write up op.

4 Likes

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Teeboi56: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2018
Okay
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by mctfopt: 8:06am On Oct 02, 2018
In2systemsTech:
very interesting topic..

Meanwhile if you are low on budget and need a cheap phone with the following specs

[b]Homtom S16 Key Specs and Features

Not trying to knock your hustle, this homtom makes cheap phones that don't last. I guess you get what you pay for! I still have the HT16 I bought in May lying lifeless here. My cousin that I bought it for is now without a phone. They are cheap for a reason. I'd rather buy the cheapest xiaomi than buy a Homtom ever again.

2 Likes

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by OboOlora(f): 8:09am On Oct 02, 2018
Op, please don’t generalize!
Nos 1-3 apply to all those Xiaomi, Tecno n co
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by ThinkSmarter: 8:10am On Oct 02, 2018
so true
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Offpoint: 8:15am On Oct 02, 2018
not like I've obeyed any of it before...

op that internet part ya wrong...
After flashlight, nothing consumes battery more 3G/4G
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by Kaybaba5(m): 8:15am On Oct 02, 2018
Who false ideas epp
Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by sureteeboy(m): 8:16am On Oct 02, 2018
Nice tips Bro

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by saxj(m): 8:17am On Oct 02, 2018
Kikkyalibi:
Smartphones have become a very important part of our lives.

This is largely due to the important tasks they carry out and voids they fill in our every-day life.

With every new day, new innovations and improvement in technology lead to new releases of ‘smarter’ smartphones. But As awesome as having a smartphone is, one of the frustrating thing about it is the battery which is not everlasting.

With the invention of mobile phones came different myths and misconceptions on how to and how not to use a mobile device and their batteries.

Here are six things you believed wrong about smartphone’s batteries:

#1. Never Use Your Phone While It Charges

Alot of smartphone users generally believe using a phone while it charges has a negative impact on the longetivity of the battery life. This is only possible if you are using a low-quality ‘fake’ charger. Whether you use your phone while it charges or not, your battery will charge as expected with a good charger. This is because; while charging your phone, applications still run in the background and your phone device runs synced applications. So even if you do not use your phone, your phone is using your phone. Only in cases of overheating should you dial the action back abit.

[s]#2. Your Battery Will Spoil If You Charge Your Phone Overnight

They are called ‘smart’ phones for a reason as most smartphones have been built to recognize when a battery is at a fully charged capacity and so, will stop charging. But for those who believe the battery has to be fully charged for them to have an optimal experience with the phone; your phone battery is optimal from 40 – 80 percent.[/s]

[s]#3. You Should Only Use Brand/Follow-Come Chargers with Your Phone

False. While it is advisable to use good chargers, it is not a must to use the brand’s own charger only to charge your smartphone. Most Smartphone manufacturers enjoin you to use the official charger that comes with your phone. This is mainly because they highly recommend it as it is their brand but they do not specify that you don’t use any other charger. Meanwhile, stay away from knock-off, run-off-the-mills chargers.[/s]

[s]#4. Surfing The Internet Will Drain The Battery Faster Than Anything Else

This is so not true because the internet still runs after you drop your phone when you are done with Instagram and Snap chat. Turning off your data only increases battery life to about 30%. But the number one thing that sucks the life out of your smartphone device is gaming. The high-end graphics engines are usually massive energy drainers. Which means that if you game a lot on your devices, you need to learn to dim the screen as much as you can while playing.[/s]

#5. Completely Drain Your Battery Before Plugging It In Again

These days, smartphones come with lithium-ion batteries are much different from the old batteries which we can say were ‘not so smart’. Every battery has a full capacity they can reach but the older batteries would “forget” their full capacity, so they normally wouldn’t be able to fully charge again over time.

So back then, folks would completely drain the battery to 0% before charging it again.

Smartphones today have lithium-ion batteries, which don’t suffer have “memory problems” of older nickel cadmium and nickel-metal hydride batteries. So, you can top-up that battery anytime without discharging it completely.

[s]#6. Keeping It In The Fridge Will Improve Battery Life.

Very Wrong. The appropriate temperature for a smartphone battery is at room’s temperature – 20° - 25° C. A too low or too high temperature range will damage the battery.[/s]

Stay On Alibi Blog For More!

http://alibiblog.com.ng/?p=715

Picture Credit: Pixabay/123rf

I Dont even know what to tell you, but you are just a hungry blogger... better keep your useless data off if you dont know what to say

1. Using a follow come charger is advisable not because of anything, but because of the input and output voltage and most users dont know what that means. Its just like using a fast charger on an old model smartphone that doesnt support fast charging., are you killing the battery or not?

2. When somebody says internet kill your battery doesnt imply that once you turn on your data, your battery will just return to 5%, you said game kills the battery fast, phones that are made solely for gamer nko? should they believe you??
stop posting shits.. games and internet are the best way to drain a battery faster, atleast you cant compare the endurance time while surfing the net to while on calls... Use your head!!

3. Your battery does not spoil when you charge it overnight, but too much of everything is bad, it will not drastically harm your device. the smartphone is smart enough to know when to stop charging. but not on Aboki charger.

4. Keeping battery in the fridge, from your point, am not sure for that of smartphone, i have not tried it but for computers, they do really work
"The Big Battery Myth is that refrigeration makes them last longer. And it does, though in most cases not by much: Alkaline batteries discharge at less than 2% a year. But in prolonged heat of about 100 degrees, they'll lose a quarter of their charge"

OP dont paste google work here as research, Do not conclude on hypothesis rather carry a practical and make sure to confirm it a theory.

2 Likes

Re: Six False Ideas About Your Smartphone You Have Believed All Your Life! by In2systemsTech(m): 8:17am On Oct 02, 2018
mctfopt:

Not trying to knock your hustle, this homtom makes cheap phones that don't last. I guess you get what you pay for! I still have the HT16 I bought in May lying lifeless here. My cousin that I bought it for is now without a phone. They are cheap for a reason. I'd rather buy the cheapest xiaomi than buy a Homtom ever again.

well, we have sold thousands of it with no complaint... thanks for your thought though

(1) (2) (Reply)

7 Advantages Of Using VPN Services In Nigeria. / Instagram Unveils New Logo / SAMSUNG,HTC,LG Android Upgrades, Rooting And HD Games For All Android Devices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.