Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,392 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

Honda Mechanics In Benin - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Mechanics In Benin (1342 Views)

Recommend Good Volvo Mechanics In Your City / 6 Ways To Avoid Being Ripped Off By Nigerian Mechanics / Dearth Of Good Auto Mechanics In Port Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Mechanics In Benin by royallord1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 29, 2018
Good day! I have a 2009 Honda crv.. The check engine light keeps flashing in and out... Noticed the fuel consumption is quite high... The on screen analysis says 12.9l /100km as against 22l/ 100km...

I need a professional mechanic in Benin to handle it... Iran a diagnosis with a friends system it showed O2sensor and some other codes ....

I need a good mechanic in Benin

Cc.. Gazzuzz
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by mayor2013: 8:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
What are the other codes
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by royallord1(m): 8:10pm On Sep 29, 2018
mayor2013:
What are the other codes
Didn't take it down.... Sir
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by mayor2013: 8:28pm On Sep 29, 2018
royallord1:

Didn't take it down.... Sir

Post your scan result here
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by Inception(m): 8:51pm On Sep 29, 2018
royallord1:
Good day! I have a 2009 Honda crv.. The check engine light keeps flashing in and out... Noticed the fuel consumption is quite high... The on screen analysis says 12.9l /100km as against 22l/ 100km...

I need a professional mechanic in Benin to handle it... Iran a diagnosis with a friends system it showed O2sensor and some other codes ....

I need a good mechanic in Benin

Cc.. Gazzuzz

Flashing check light denotes a very serious issue with engine management System which must be addressed quickly

do you have an engine misfire( some cylinders not working)?

1 Like

Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by obekediamondfuto(m): 9:50pm On Sep 29, 2018
Inception:

Flashing check light denotes a very serious issue with engine management System which must be addressed quickly

flashing cel? multiple random misfires....

na serious issue oh.... the cat can be destroyed in a very short time.

@ op, the misfires should be very noticeable during acceleration na

confirm all vacuum hoses are connected properly... it could be as simple as that Or as difficult as a broken timing belt

1 Like

Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by Inception(m): 10:04pm On Sep 29, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

flashing cel? multiple random misfires....

na serious issue oh.... the cat can be destroyed in a very short time.

@ op, the misfires should be very noticeable during acceleration na

confirm all vacuum hoses are connected properly... it could be as simple as that Or as difficult as a broken timing belt

Bros that motor no dey use timing belt o. it is timing chain.
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:07pm On Sep 29, 2018
Inception:

Bros that motor no dey use timing belt o. it is timing chain.

oooh OK .
..then it has to be something else, cos if the chain is broken then he the post wouldn't be this subtle
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by royallord1(m): 10:40pm On Sep 29, 2018
Inception:

By flashing in and out I mean it comes up today for a while and goes out .. Then does not come up at all tomorrow... Might come up the following day... Just like dat...
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by royallord1(m): 10:41pm On Sep 29, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

oooh OK .
..then it has to be something else, cos if the chain is broken then he the post wouldn't be this subtle
It doesn't misfire at all .. It moves very well...
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:52pm On Sep 29, 2018
royallord1:

It doesn't misfire at all .. It moves very well...

hian, that's not flashing na.

when u use the word flashing in an automotive sense... it means to blink continuously.... like your turn signals or trafficators(only in naija Biko)

that one na intermittent issue na..... u need to go back and scan the car.... get the codes and post it here..

PS, a bad, disconnected or failing o2 sensor can mess with your mpg *significantly*... confirm that the wiring is still in place and is not broken at any point.
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by royallord1(m): 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

hian, that's not flashing na.

when u use the word flashing in an automotive sense... it means to blink continuously.... like your turn signals or trafficators(only in naija Biko)

that one na intermittent issue na..... u need to go back and scan the car.... get the codes and post it here..

PS, a bad, disconnected or failing o2 sensor can mess with your mpg *significantly*... confirm that the wiring is still in place and is not broken at any point.

Kk thanks... But the funny thing is that it doesn't emit black smoke ... A sign of excess fuel consumption
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by Maskedtitan: 8:01am On Sep 30, 2018
royallord1:

By flashing in and out I mean it comes up today for a while and goes out .. Then does not come up at all tomorrow... Might come up the following day... Just like dat...
This is a likely symptom of a cylinder misfire. It might be as a result of a failing ignition coil, spark plug or an injector nozzle. It’s failing, that’s why it triggers the ‘CEL’ and laters goes off. I’d advise you get a personal scanner. When next the ‘CEL’ pops up, park the vehicle and scan immediately.
You can also check and ascertain that that all the coil, and injector sockets are tightly clipped.
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by royallord1(m): 11:50am On Sep 30, 2018
Maskedtitan:

This is a likely symptom of a cylinder misfire. It might be as a result of a failing ignition coil, spark plug or an injector nozzle. It’s failing, that’s why it triggers the ‘CEL’ and laters goes off. I’d advise you get a personal scanner. When next the ‘CEL’ pops up, park the vehicle and scan immediately.
You can also check and ascertain that that all the coil, and injector sockets are tightly clipped.
Thanks sir
Re: Honda Mechanics In Benin by royallord1(m): 10:03am On Oct 01, 2018
Even if I get the codes... I still need a capable mechanic to handle it... That is the issue family!

(1) (Reply)

I Need Contacts Of Big Automechanics Companies In Lagos / Any Reputable Honda Accord Mechanic In Ibadan? / How Cheap And Reliable Are Cars On Auctionexport.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.