Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,574 members, 7,812,865 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? (602 Views)

How Lucrative Is Football Viewing Center Business? / Please How Lucrative Is Coconut Oil Business? / How Lucrative Is Uber Business? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by TissuePaper: 8:08am On Oct 01, 2018
Please nairalanders I need you guys to share your views on how lucrative you think the transportation sector is, especially the gurus in the business.

I'm thinking of buying a fairly used Toyota Hiace bus which costs about 3.5 million naira and I think it's a fair deal considering the profit I think I'll be making every day.

The bus should have 18 seats so that gives me 18,000 naira per trip, I'm thinking of plying interstate from port-Harcourt to Bayelsa which costs 1 thousand naira per person.

Therefore, if I can be able to make 4 trips in a day that gives me about 72000 naira returns everyday, giving me about 2.1 million naira per month.

Pardon me... I just did this little mathematics out of naivety as I do not really know the complexity of the transport sector, that is why i need your views, opinions and advice so that I don't hurt myself in the end.

However, if everything is as it seems then I think I would have to invest massively in the transport sector smiley

Cc. Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Puskin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by Ecokafor(m): 8:46am On Oct 01, 2018
Hmm... The transportation sector has already been monopolized by Agofure, God is good motors and the likes, so I don't know if it will be that lucrative for a newcomer
Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by TissuePaper: 10:35am On Oct 01, 2018
Ecokafor:
Hmm... The transportation sector has already been monopolized by Agofure, God is good motors and the likes, so I don't know if it will be that lucrative for a newcomer
I don't think that this should be an hindrance for me though

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by TissuePaper: 10:37am On Oct 01, 2018
Lalasticlala Dominique Puskin.. I need more opinions
Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by Springsdy456958(m): 11:27am On Oct 01, 2018
You've got a very good business mind and that's all you need to be successful. Don't allow anyone discourage you. All man with Him Grace... Do a little more findings on parks you can partner with, Good motor parks. Since you'll be the on handling it yourself you have nothing to worry much about. If you maintain the vehicle, you'll enjoy it... Never despise the days of little beginning... Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by TissuePaper: 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
Springsdy456958:
You've got a very good business mind and that's all you need to be successful. Don't allow anyone discourage you. All man with Him Grace... Do a little more findings on parks you can partner with, Good motor parks. Since you'll be the on handling it yourself you have nothing to worry much about. If you maintain the vehicle, you'll enjoy it... Never despise the days of little beginning... Congratulations.
thanks bro, I'll keep this in mind... I have had this idea at heart for a long time but I kinda held back because I don't really know how the business works, If all is as it seems then I think I must have found the best investment for me smiley
Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by Springsdy456958(m): 12:27pm On Oct 01, 2018
TissuePaper:
thanks bro, I'll keep this in mind... I have had this idea at heart for a long time but I kinda held back because I don't really know how the business works, If all is as it seems then I think I must have found the best investment for me smiley
sure it is a good Investment. If you're a Christian. Back to up with prayers. You'll thank God.
Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by TissuePaper: 4:37pm On Oct 01, 2018
Lalasticlala Dominique Puskin.. I need more opinions
Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by ositadima1(m): 5:22pm On Oct 01, 2018
While considering the gains you also need to consider running costs; car maintenance, fuel, Union money, government monies, agbero money and emergencies.

As for bad drivers one good thing about them is they are not innovative, most of their mischief is a closed set, know them all and have counter moves set up.

1 Like

Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by Laird(m): 6:12pm On Oct 01, 2018
Get insurance for your vehicle too
Re: How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? by TissuePaper: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2018
ositadima1:
While considering the gains you also need to consider running costs; car maintenance, fuel, Union money, government monies, agbero money and emergencies.

As for bad drivers one good thing about them is they are not innovative, most of their mischief is a closed set, know them all and have counter moves set up.
nice... Thanks bro smiley

(1) (Reply)

Getittome App Is Live / Nairaref / Ccecc Quarry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.