Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? (7175 Views)

Should A Husband & Wife Share One Bank Account? / Mama Ibru sons Ran Oceanic Bank Into The Ground / Please Help! How Can A Non-resident Cash An International Bank Draft? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by Ank(m): 8:01pm On Jul 09, 2010
Fellow Nairalanders,

I have a joint savings account with my sister in Nigeria with both First bank and oceanic bank.
Can I deposit a UBA bank draft or cashiers check generated in Abuja into this account in the same Abuja or must I have a current account to be able to do so.

Please advise.

Thanks

Ank
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by sirp2007: 1:34pm On Jul 15, 2010
no.
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by Dvampire(m): 7:01pm On Jul 16, 2010
well, basically no. this is because a savings account is not created to have clearing powers like the current account. but these days, banks, like first bank have savings accounts that allows for some good degree of flexibility like a current account. First bank for instance, has the FIRST SAVINGS PLUS. this is an account that allows holders to pay in cheques, dividend warrants and drafts of other banks for clearing. u can also issue its cheque to a 3rd party.
i advise u open a current account or go for the first savings plus.
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by Ank(m): 7:12pm On Jul 18, 2010
Dvampire:

well, basically no. this is because a savings account is not created to have clearing powers like the current account. but these days, banks, like first bank have savings accounts that allows for some good degree of flexibility like a current account. First bank for instance, has the FIRST SAVINGS PLUS. this is an account that allows holders to pay in cheques, dividend warrants and drafts of other banks for clearing. u can also issue its cheque to a 3rd party.

Dvampire link=topic=476552.msg6397764#msg6397764 date=1279303260:

Thank you so much Dvampire. You have indeed made my day with this your response. First Savings Plus from First Bank is excatly what I need at this time to address my banking needs.
I am going to go ahead and advise my sister whom I have joint savings account with, at first bank to go ahead and convert it to First savings Plus and I will take away from there
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by kaybanwo: 12:27pm On Jul 19, 2010
You would need a current account for that.

Cheers
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by effizy27: 9:46am On Jul 20, 2010
CHECK OUT EFFIZY 'DEUCES REMIX" ON YOUTUBE
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by napa: 3:12pm On Jul 22, 2010
ekedon con:

Hello girls prostitution is a great business in dubai and a round is $27 which is 100 dirhams in dubai money and also 4,200 Naira in Nigeria money and per night is $100 which is 365 dirhams in dubai money and als 15,300 Naira in Nigeria money.if u are interested in making your money just write direct to my email justineugochukwu@hotmail.com or call me +971558214052 thanks u all girls and its only for girls who are ok and if u are pretty u get more pay and connections from the white men.

I don't think this subject or reply is meant for this post, learn the rules of sending or replying to posts, @Ank, it's very possible, i work with a bank and we have some hybrid accounts that accomodate such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by blessaff: 5:20am On Jul 28, 2010
yeah sure i belive it is posible
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by chikejude(m): 2:58am On Jul 29, 2010
Yes, just give them two refree's
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by Tinyemeka(m): 7:34am On Jul 29, 2010
If you have a Zenith savings account, simply tell the Customer Service person that you wish to upgrade ur Savings account, get two references from any two Current account holders from any bank and you are good to go. However dividend warrants can only be paid into accounts that have been running for at least 6 months. CBN policy.
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by Djswaggz(m): 3:09am On Aug 19, 2010
Busta Rhymes - Dangerous
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by 808: 11:12am On Aug 25, 2010
silly comment.
Re: Can One Deposit Bank Draft Of One Bank Into A Savings Account Of Another Bank? by golamike: 3:20am On Sep 12, 2010
Yes, on one condition - Only if the savings account was referenced @ the point of opening it. Otherwise you may need to upgrade it or forget about it.

(1) (Reply)

Forest Trading :how Do I Start. / Access Bank Fx Trading Platform / Cac Documents Upload Error

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.