Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,166 members, 7,835,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales (6311 Views)

Toyota Achieves 50,000 Sales In First Quarter / 2018: BMW Group Achieves Best-ever January / Nissan Leaf All-Electric Vehicle Spotted In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by autojosh: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2018
Clearly, the revolution is on!

The migration from carbon-based fuel-driven vehicles to electric vehicles is fast gaining momentum.

Indeed, electric vehicles (EVs) are fast selling.

Tesla, the world-renowned electric vehicle maker, recently announced that it has sold a record number of their EVs in the last quarter.

Indeed, this is regarded as an achievement giving the automaker’s struggles with quality control and production bottlenecks for its Model 3 sedan.

In a statement, Testla said that it sold 83,500 cars worldwide, including 55,840 Model 3 sedans, 14,470 Model S sedans, and 13,190 Model X crossovers.

In 2017, Tesla reached a milestone of 101,312 cars. The third-quarter sales figure was not only its highest amount since the second quarter of 2018, but it also topped the company’s annual sales for every year through 2016, when it hit 76,230 cars.

Testla is outselling EVs from other major automakers despite their customer’s reports of poor fits, mismatched paints, bumpers falling off, etc.

By contrast, through September Nissan moved 10,686 Leaf cars and General Motors sold 11,807 Chevrolet Bolt EV models. Sales from competing luxury automakers, such as BMW’s for its i3, are but a fraction of those two cars.

This news conveniently arrives within a couple of days since the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission levied two $20 million fines, one each against Tesla and its CEO, Elon Musk, who settled fraud charges with the agency and is now barred from his chairman post for three years.

Interestingly, despite its record quarterly sale, profit is still unlikely for Testla.

Tesla still has never made an annual profit, and its forthcoming quarterly report is likely to report more losses even as demand for the Model 3-with hundreds of thousands of buyers reportedly still waiting-continues.

https://autojosh.com/testla-the-electric-vehicles-maker-achieves-record-quarterly-sales/

1 Like

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by sohampal: 7:24pm On Oct 08, 2018
Tesla is talking too much time delivering Tesla Model 3 so we should look at Tesla Model 3 Competitors
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by bewla(m): 7:11am On Oct 09, 2018
book
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by BruncleZuma: 7:11am On Oct 09, 2018
grin grin grin grin

The two folks above me ...

[img]https://media1./images/8395864ab7fd0dd3e2285f08a1e21c51/tenor.gif[/img]

and the dude below me sha...

2 Likes

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 09, 2018
Mods why? Just one comment, boom. FP

Do Nigerians drive Tesla

3 Likes

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by yjgm(m): 7:12am On Oct 09, 2018
Nice
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by Franzinni: 7:12am On Oct 09, 2018
grin
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by dannybomb(m): 7:13am On Oct 09, 2018
and the brainy behind it, Elon recently resigned
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by RolyRoly: 7:14am On Oct 09, 2018
What has this got to do with Nigeria economy
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by Massdamm(m): 7:16am On Oct 09, 2018
noted
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 09, 2018
RolyRoly:
What has this got to do with Nigeria economy
tokunbo dey come

1 Like

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by Austine2k: 7:22am On Oct 09, 2018
Africa is truely missing out

Study In Germany For Free - University of Oldenburg Fullfunded International Student Scholarship

Apply Now: http://studydegreehq..com/2018/09/university-oldenburg-scholarship.html
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by CocoaOla: 7:25am On Oct 09, 2018
Tesla doesn't want to bring his business to Africa so sad
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by dazzlingd(m): 7:28am On Oct 09, 2018
Quite interesting, believe me, this revolution will change the world.

Welcome to the world of renewable energies.

The future is coming, yes a future will come when everything will be completely wireless. We haven't achieved wireless yet if I must tell you the truth.

Now let me tell you about witricity. Same way, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi operates and you share files or connect to internet without cables, same way the future holds for electricity. A future will come when the people of that generation will never connect cables to anything. Appliances, automobiles, mobile devices etc will all be powered using WI-Tricity. You get home and connect your phone to electricity same way you connect to WI-Fi, you power your cars in the road same way, you run your appliances connected to a Wireless source.

There would be no longer cables on the street, transformers would have been extinct and Wat we will have would be electric mast and towers. Isn't it interesting.

4 Likes

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by zombieTRACKER: 7:35am On Oct 09, 2018
Tell Buhari to stop looking for oil in Chad basin

Stop wasting scarce resources

20 years from now... Electric cars will flood the market

The future is green technology

1 Like

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by bestpunterever: 7:51am On Oct 09, 2018
I'm selling original power bank to charge your car.
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by nke001: 7:54am On Oct 09, 2018
Musk must reduce his buharimic tweets to avoid his company's share slid.
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by nke001: 7:55am On Oct 09, 2018
bestpunterever:
I'm selling original power bank to charge your car.

This can only happen in a country called nigeriya
grin grin
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by softtouch2(m): 8:01am On Oct 09, 2018
CocoaOla:
Tesla doesn't want to bring his business to Africa so sad

Africa is not ripe for Telsa with persistence lack of electricity and poverty rate (Telsa is not cheap)
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by bestpunterever: 8:53am On Oct 09, 2018
nke001:

This can only happen in a country called nigeriya
grin grin
Lol, if those cars should be shipped to nigeria, then power bank should follow.

2 Likes

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by otunbakolawole(m): 9:14am On Oct 09, 2018
Tesla, the highest-selling EV company, is the granddaddy loss maker of them all. Which is why the company lost a staggering $2 billion on $8.5 billion in sales last year. Yet Tesla keeps losing money. Meanwhile the company has to compete with BMW leasing its $50,000 i3 electric vehicle for only $54 a month. That’s not a typo. Bloomberg recently confirmed you could lease an i3 for less than your monthly cable bill.
It’s a race to the bottom… Everyone in the space (including Tesla) is competing against each other, resulting in laughably low monthly leases. The electric vehicle space is difficult. Vehicle prices are high and there isn’t enough demand for manufacturers to make money (even with generous government subsidies).

But the old guard auto manufacturers, like GM and BMW, can sell other, profitable vehicles to plug the gap. General Motors loses about $9,000 every time it sells a Chevy Volt (a $36,000 car). Fiat loses an absurd $20,000 on each electric Fiat 500 it sells. And Tesla, the highest-selling EV company, is the granddaddy loss maker of them all. Which is why the company lost a staggering $2 billion on $8.5 billion in sales last year. Still, Musk maintains his cult leader status amongst shareholders, who believe he will walk across water and change the world.
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by Gerrard59(m): 10:02am On Oct 09, 2018
otunbakolawole:

It’s a race to the bottom… Everyone in the space (including Tesla) is competing against each other, resulting in laughably low monthly leases. The electric vehicle space is difficult. Vehicle prices are high and there isn’t enough demand for manufacturers to make money (even with generous government subsidies).

But the old guard auto manufacturers, like GM and BMW, can sell other, profitable vehicles to plug the gap. General Motors loses about $9,000 every time it sells a Chevy Volt (a $36,000 car). Fiat loses an absurd $20,000 on each electric Fiat 500 it sells. And Tesla, the highest-selling EV company, is the granddaddy loss maker of them all. Which is why the company lost a staggering $2 billion on $8.5 billion in sales last year. Still, Musk maintains his cult leader status amongst shareholders, who believe he will walk across water and change the world.

In other words, EV is a mere dream, right? grin

The worse are driverless cars...

The bold is damn hilarious! grin

1 Like

Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by GetCofOProperty: 10:06am On Oct 09, 2018
dazzlingd:
Quite interesting, believe me, this revolution will change the world.

Welcome to the world of renewable energies.

The future is coming, yes a future will come when everything will be completely wireless. We haven't achieved wireless yet if I must tell you the truth.

Now let me tell you about witricity. Same way, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi operates and you share files or connect to internet without cables, same way the future holds for electricity. A future will come when the people of that generation will never connect cables to anything. Appliances, automobiles, mobile devices etc will all be powered using WI-Tricity. You get home and connect your phone to electricity same way you connect to WI-Fi, you power your cars in the road same way, you run your appliances connected to a Wireless source.

There would be no longer cables on the street, transformers would have been extinct and Wat we will have would be electric mast and towers. Isn't it interesting.

I love this... It's really a project for the nearest future, and I trust the present generation of scientists and Info Technologists to achieve such evolutionary feats in not too long a distant years.

Do You Desire A Very Good Property Investment That Guarantee High Return... Or You Want a Suitable Land or House For You To Live In. There are good properties in choice locations that boast of a huge return on investment. Don't miss the current promos Visit our Ikeja Office (Off Medical Road) or Call/WhatsApp +234(0)8027390046. Check our signature here below
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by HeavenlyBang(m): 10:09am On Oct 09, 2018
Well, the Model 3 has been one of the most anticipated cars of the past few years, and it just went on sale last quarter. Most people who want to buy it would have bought it the moment it launched.

Can't see Tesla selling anywhere close to this till it releases a new model.
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by MycroftHolmes: 12:52pm On Oct 09, 2018
Green energy is quite beneficial, but pretty expensive too.

And, kudos to Tesla for operating their business for this long without profit—didn't really think it was possible.
Re: Electric Vehicle Maker, Tesla Achieves Record Quarterly Sales by alohman(m): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2018
Please someone help me with fairly used Toyota haice bus to enable me start a transport biz I can't afford to feed my farmly again even if I pay you on instulmental basis tnx as you empower some one today my no is 08035449881

(1) (Reply)

Osinbajo Assures Automotive Manufacturers Of FG’s Protection. / Understanding Gdi Issues. / Is Driving Quadricycle Legal In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.