Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,791 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:47 PM

How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City (24939 Views)

John Terry Beaten To Death With Rods By Cultists In Benin City. Graphic Photos / Fb User Narrates, "How The Smell Of My Boxers Saved Me From CULTISTS" / Man Shows Off His Fulani Friend Who Helped Him From Cultists In Rivers. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by XaintJoel20: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2018
How I Cheated Death. God Saved Me From Cultists.

Towards the end of July this year, I parked down to my new apartment after frantic efforts to relocate from my former abode finally paid of. Since I parked into my new residence, I barely stay at home due to the nature of my hustling, which makes me to leave the house early and return late, and at such, I have been at peace with my neighbours. No be who you see you go follow make trouble?

If you are conversant with daily news in and around Benin City, you would know that there has been series of cult clashes which has claimed numerous lives in Benin City and environs. On Saturday being the 29th of September, after my daily hustling, I was hesitant in going home for reasons I could not comprehend. Normally I close a bit early on Saturdays so as to have enough time to prepare for church service on Sundays and also relax at my regular spot to watch one or two football matches, but on this last Saturday, I felt so relaxed at my office that thought of going home didn't flash through my mind and after spending some time with my neighbour who occupies the next shop, I left to settle some scores with a woman, my plan was that after I finish with the woman, I would jet home. I was at the woman's place when my neighbour called me that one of my clients needed my attention, I went back to the shop I attended to her. ( Note; it's negates my business ethic to go back to the shop after I have locked, but on this day I compromised for reasons I could not comprehend). After attending to the woman, she refused to leave, on the flimsy excuse that she wants to wait for her husband, deep inside of me, I was like "of all places,why would this woman chose my shop to wait for her husband at a time like this"? It was around 8PM. Anyway, I accepted it in good faith and spent roughly another forty five minutes with her while she waited for her husband. I eventually left her outside when I discovered that it was taking eternity for the husband to come.

When I got to my compound, I found out that everywhere was grave silence and the gate and doors leading to my apartment was locked, which was unusual at that time. (The normal time to lock the gate and doors is 10PM). I broke the gate barriers and came face to face with the front door, I knocked and didn't get any response, I went to the back door and did the same, still there was no response. Then I came back to the front door to continue my knocking if peradventure a Good Samaritan would hear me and open for me. When I knocked this time on the front door, I got a response from inside, "Who be dat" ? I responded, 'na me'. When they recognized my voice, someone was instructed to open for me. When I got to the tunnel leading to apartment, I discovered virtually all my neighbours were pipping from their apartments, while standing at the door that leds to their various rooms, and they were all were wearing look of awe.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by Yambee: 4:43pm On Oct 03, 2018
Finish the story son.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by XaintJoel20: 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2018
The first question that pumped out of Mama Nkechi's mouth was, "where you follow?" Another question followed in quick succession from another neighbour, "who you see for outside"? Then another question, "you no know wetin dey happen for outside"? At this point I was surprised and didn't know which to answer first. Then my gut told me all wasn't OK. I asked them, 'wetin dey happen'? They didn't answer. At this point I left them at the tunnel to continue their meeting while I dashed to my apartment.

While inside, I was restless and deep in thought as to what could have happened that would warrant such an assemblage of my neighbours at that unholy hour. Being a phone addict, I reached out to my phone and quickly forgot the scenes that has played outside.

The next day being Sunday, I woke up a bit early and rushed down to my barber's shop to have my beard shaven since I couldn't move out the previous night after the suspense my neighbours threw up. I met the shop locked, which is the usual thing as he doesn't opened on Sunday morning. I rushed to his house, which is a stone thrown from his shop to call him. He obliged me and followed me to the shop.

While he was doing what I went there for, I told him why I couldn't come the previous day as has been the custom, which was Saturday to have my beard shaven, it was at this point he told me someone was shot in my locality that same Saturday. He tried all he could to describe the guy and his house. The description had little or no impact because the more he was trying to describe him and his place, the more I was confused. After a nice shave, I paid him and hurried down to the church even though I got to the church a little behind schedule.

Faster forward to Tuesday, 2nd October, I went to do some repair work at my place of residence, when I was almost done, one of my neighbours pleaded with me to help with hers. After I had promised to help her, she opened her mouth and told me what really transpired on the Saturday. She told me how some ferocious looking dudes storm the house, while some surrounded the house, others headed straight to my room, in search of the occupant of the apartment.

The guy who packed out of my present apartment before I parked in is a notorious cultist, who is well known for his heinous acts in that neighbourhood. On that faithful Saturday that they were engaged in their usual battle for supremacy, the rival cult group came to my apartment to look for him, oblivious of the fact that he has packed out some months back. They stayed for some time and waited for the occupant to come back from wherever he went to. This was the time I was in my shop doing things that ordinarily were not useful to me, but God used those things to keep me back in other not to fall for the claws of death.
My saving grace on that fateful day was that I was not in the house. They probably would have shot me dead before realizing it's a case of mistaken identity.

God spared my life from death.

May his name be glorified forever and ever...

384 Likes 32 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by kunle75(m): 3:24am On Oct 04, 2018
XaintJoel20:
The first question that pumped out of Mama Nkechi's mouth was "where you follow?" another question followed in quick succession from another neighbour, who you see for outside"? Then another question, "you no know wetin dey happen for outside"? As this point I was surprised and didn't know which to answer first. Then my gut told me all wasn't OK. I asked them, 'wetin dey happen'? They didn't answer. At this point I left them at the tunnel to continue their meeting while I dashed to my apartment.

While inside, I was restless and deep in thought as to what could have happened that would warrant such an assemblage if my neighbour at that unholy hour. Being a phone addict, I reached out to my phone and quickly forgot the scenes that has played outside.

The next day being Sunday, I woke up a bit early and rushed down to my barber's shop to have my beard shaven since I couldn't move out previous night after the suspense my neighbours threw up. I met the shop locked which is the usual thing as he doesn't opened on Sunday morning. I rushed to his house, which is a stone thrown from his shop to call him. He obliged me and followed me to the shop.

While he was doing what I went there for, I told him why I couldn't come the previous day as has been the custom, which was Saturday to have my beard shaven, it was at this point he told me someone was shot in my locality that same Saturday. He tried all he could to describe the guy and his house. The description had little or no impact because the more he was trying to describe him and his place, the more I was confused. After a nice shave, I paid him and hurried down to the church even though I got to the church a little behind schedule.

Faster forward to Tuesday, 2nd October, I went to do some repair work at my place of residence, when I was almost done, one of my neighbours pleaded with me to help with hers. After I had promised to help her, she opened her mouth and told me what really transpired on the Saturday. She told me how some ferocious looking dudes storm the house, while some surrounded the house, others headed straight to my room, in search of the occupant of the apartment.

The guy who packed out of my present apartment before I parked in is a notorious cultist, who is well known for is heinous acts in that neighbourhood. On that faithful Saturday that they were engaged in their usual battle for supremacy, the rival cult group came to my apartment to look for him, oblivious of the fact that he has packed out some months back. They stayed for some time and waited for the occupant to come back from wherever he went to. This was the time I was in my shop doing things that ordinarily were not useful to me, but God used those things to keep me back in other not to fall for the claws of death.
My saving grace on that fateful day was that I was not in the house. They probably would have shot me dead before realizing it's a case of mistaken identity.

Please relocate if you have the means
There might be reprisals attack from those guys
God will continue to guide and protect us all

120 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by Bluezy13(m): 4:17am On Oct 04, 2018
Good thing you survived.
But,
Cheating means an act of deception, unfaithfulness, false extortion, psychological manipulation to take advantage of a person, perversion of justice and laid down principles.

Death is not what everyone crave for. Almost everyone detests death. Almost everyone sees death as abysmal and unwelcoming.

Why and how then do people cheat death

Does it mean they are being unfaithful to death ? That they deceive death by craft since deception is wrong

Figurative or not,
If that is the case, as implied by the meaning of cheating, then they are wrong to cheat...play a fast one on...death.

If it means something else, be kind enough to let me know.

6 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by Diamond23(f): 7:25am On Oct 04, 2018
This is a clear work of extravagant grace. Don’t wait for der second coming before u do d needful**** u cheated death....Hallelujah!

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by anonymuz(m): 9:00am On Oct 04, 2018
Where exactly to you stay in benin? Please I will just tell you to relocate. Benin cultist are know for reprisal attack even if it's 10 years after the first attack. Thank Go's for your life. That's why I have to relocate to lagos the day I wrote my final exams then in uniben. Despite the fact that I stayed at bdpa....Benin generally is not a safe haven for a guy. You look good na problem, look rugged na dat one dangerous pass. You need to be careful when choosing associate in benin. Brother change your environment asap.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by Shegzy8(m): 9:30am On Oct 04, 2018
Omo.. Such is life bro.. Just be grateful and give thanks
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by XaintJoel20: 10:48am On Oct 04, 2018
anonymuz:
Where exactly to you stay in benin? Please I will just tell you to relocate. Benin cultist are know for reprisal attack even if it's 10 years after the first attack. Thank Go's for your life. That's why I have to relocate to lagos the day I wrote my final exams then in uniben. Despite the fact that I stayed at bdpa....Benin generally is not a safe haven for a guy. You look good na problem, look rugged na dat one dangerous pass. You need to be careful when choosing associate in benin. Brother change your environment asap.

They didn't come to attack me. They came to attack the guy that was occupying my apartment before I moved in, not knowing that he has packed out.

They could have shot any body they met in that apartment, thinking that they have hit their target. That's why I am elated.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by XaintJoel20: 10:49am On Oct 04, 2018
Shegzy8:
Omo.. Such is life bro.. Just be grateful and give thanks

To Baba God be the glory and honor.
May his name be glorified forever.

Thanks...

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by XaintJoel20: 10:50am On Oct 04, 2018
Diamond23:
This is a clear work of extravagant grace. Don’t wait for der second coming before u do d needful**** u cheated death....Hallelujah!

What exactly is the "needful" in this case?

Thanks...
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by anonymuz(m): 10:53am On Oct 04, 2018
XaintJoel20:

They didn't come to attack me. They came to attack the guy that was occupying my apartment before I moved in, not know that he has packed out.

They could have shot any body they met in that apartment, thinking that they have hit their target.
that's the problem....you are still not safe in that apartment.

25 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by XaintJoel20: 10:54am On Oct 04, 2018
kunle75:

Please relocate if you have the means
There might be reprisals attack from those guys
God will continue to guide and protect us all

I have thought about relocating, but I paid in advance for the apartment and I don't think the landlady will make a refund.

Anyway, I understand the cult groups have settled their differences.

Thanks.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by XaintJoel20: 10:57am On Oct 04, 2018
anonymuz:
that's the problem....you are still not safe in that apartment.

Plans are on top gear for me to move out of that house.

Thanks...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by ifyalways(f): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2018
You are not safe in that house. Get a lawyer to make the landlord refund u whatever Is left of your rent and move out.

Better to err on the side of caution.

17 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by itiswellandwell: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hmmm
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by itiswellandwell: 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hmm
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by pweshdodo(m): 1:06pm On Oct 04, 2018
Hm!!!..cultists are rampant in Benin o

2 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:07pm On Oct 04, 2018
The worst thing that can happen to you is to lack safety in your own house embarassed
We all will die once, so don't take chances. It'd even be better you move to another state that to be killed by some blood-thirsty drunk teenagers!

3 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by Zanas: 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2018
Why is everybody afraid of death
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by TalkTalkTwins(m): 1:10pm On Oct 04, 2018
Zanas:
Why is every afraid of death

Because we all have plans in life sad

10 Likes

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by uknownforce: 1:12pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thank God for your life, Meanwhile, check My siggy for a lifetime good something grin
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by helphelp: 1:13pm On Oct 04, 2018
Only God

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by cooldipo(m): 1:14pm On Oct 04, 2018
Thank your stars

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by CirocBoi(m): 1:16pm On Oct 04, 2018
XaintJoel20:
The first question that pumped out of Mama Nkechi's mouth was "where you follow?" another question followed in quick succession from another neighbour, who you see for outside"? Then another question, "you no know wetin dey happen for outside"? As this point I was surprised and didn't know which to answer first. Then my gut told me all wasn't OK. I asked them, 'wetin dey happen'? They didn't answer. At this point I left them at the tunnel to continue their meeting while I dashed to my apartment.

This issuea frequent.... 19th street opposite uniben

While inside, I was restless and deep in thought as to what could have happened that would warrant such an assemblage if my neighbour at that unholy hour. Being a phone addict, I reached out to my phone and quickly forgot the scenes that has played outside.

The next day being Sunday, I woke up a bit early and rushed down to my barber's shop to have my beard shaven since I couldn't move out previous night after the suspense my neighbours threw up. I met the shop locked which is the usual thing as he doesn't opened on Sunday morning. I rushed to his house, which is a stone thrown from his shop to call him. He obliged me and followed me to the shop.

The guy who packed out of my present apartment before I parked in is a notorious cultist, who is well known for is heinous acts in that neighbourhood. On that faithful Saturday that they were engaged in their usual battle for supremacy, the rival cult group came to my apartment to look for him, oblivious of the fact that he has packed out some months back. They stayed for some time and waited for the occupant to come back from wherever he went to. This was the time I was in my shop doing things that ordinarily were not useful to me, but God used those things to keep me back in other not to fall for the claws of death.

1 Like

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by Benekruku(m): 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
All this boys scout gangs are the ones you had encounter with

If na the real ones find you, you should be late by now
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by lepusok: 1:17pm On Oct 04, 2018
God can
Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by winj3: 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2018
god did not save you, it was not your time to go.
stupid spiritual ad fetish reasons for death not occurring is dumb jare!
just because your brain is not mature enough to understand physical dynamics does not mean a spiritual thing was in control.
dumb african apes

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How God Saved Me From Cultists In Benin City by casspersteve: 1:23pm On Oct 04, 2018
If there is something I have learnt lately is that "When unusual things are happening just be patient,there are things the physical eyes can't see"
I have learnt to be patient!!!
And be calm in the face of storms!!!

22 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16-year-old Boy Kills Brother For Dating His Girlfriend / Customs Officers Beat Lagos Magistrate For Impounding Vehicles / Mass Burial Of 24 People Killed By Fulani Herdsmen In Benue (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.