Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,003 members, 7,835,399 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? (5241 Views)

Photo Of The Day( She Is A Celebrity In Her World) / When U Get Married To A Celebrity Branch Manager, Lol (Photo) / Chidinma Talks About Her Sex Scandal And Life As A Star (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by spora(m): 7:26pm On Apr 05, 2007
Life As A Star: Good Or Bad?

We all, have heard or read about stars saying they have been paying prices for being starts. They can not do what they would want to do, They can not live a normal life, etc etc. Life is even harder if they are not all that confortable economically so to say. They can't run after molue or even climb Okada because if they are not mobbed by people they will be the target of journalists.

But with all these, a lot still want to be stars. Is it really worth it? Please, let's hear your view.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by spora(m): 7:27pm On Apr 05, 2007
We all, have heard or read about stars saying they have been paying prices for being popular. They can not do what they  naturally would have wanted to do: live a normal life, go to Oyingbo market, "demolishing" corn while strolling through Allen Avenue etc etc. Life is even harder if they are not all that confortable economically so to say. They can't run after molue or even climb okada because, if they are not mobbed by people they will be the target of journalists.

But with all these, a lot still want to be  a star. Does it really worth it? Please let's hear your view.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by Seun(m): 7:31pm On Apr 05, 2007
If you achieve stardom through decent labor, and it pays your bills, then it's worth it. If you're poor, it's not!
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by kay9(m): 7:52pm On Apr 05, 2007
[i][/i]Life as a celebrity is boring, when u get down to it. Neva mind the initial noise-making and all, u'll finally get tired of it all. U know what they say about celebrity marriages: it never lasts!
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by deejay1(m): 9:10pm On Apr 05, 2007
live as a celeb is fab my bruv if am being honest with you. as per wat u said about their freedom and stuffs like that ooh yea thats true if u r like a movie star, footballer ( not all thou) but not musicians hell no u r free as Bleep ( am not talkin abt naija musician thou that needs attention). and those movie stars and footballers almost lack control over there emotion thats y u will always see a papparrazzi run after there car 2 spot there mistakes and make the head lines. celeb life man its a free and nice life.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by kobe(m): 9:55pm On Apr 05, 2007
See, it ain't easy bein' me
Life as a celebrity is less than heavily
I got these fakes and these back-stabbers chasin' me around
And it's always drama
Whevever I want to get around
Mama told me
Long before I ever came up
Gotta be true, to watchya' do
And keep ya' game up
'Cause things change
And jealousy becomes a factor
Best friends at your wifes house tryin' to MACK HER!
I'm on tour
But still they keep on knockin' at my door
And I got no time to worry
I'm steady wantin' more
Every day is a test, yes
I try hard
But I'm strugg-a-lin' with every breath

Extracted from: Thugs Get Lonely Too 2pac

Justin Timberlake:
§ On the tabloids: "I despise what they do. They create soap operas out of people's lives. [Cameron and I] had our thing, and it's over. They edit that stuff like MTV edits reality shows. It's a spin game, and I choose not to take part in it.""
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by iice(f): 3:09am On Apr 06, 2007
invasion of privacy and living under a microscope is what one pays for the price of fame. You make it work to your advantage or not. Being worth it or not is upto the person himself/herself, like everything there is a yin to the yang.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by bunmii(f): 6:21am On Apr 06, 2007
life as a celebrity is good because they get free clothes and other stuffs, they get loadz of money for a film and etc. the only downside is privacy issue but then again celebrities should know what they are letting themselves for when they wanna become one.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by bennie019(f): 8:00pm On Apr 06, 2007
life as a celebrity cld be fab you see ppl doing things for you, you get free stuff, u are an inspiration to people, n all the gud stuff but it has its down sides like you hav to live a life to please ppl , sometimes you cant be urself, lack of privacy, but then it pays the bills n i wont mind being one wink wink wink
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by osegwu(m): 8:44am On Apr 08, 2007
Life as a celeb? There is nothing like it. If not stars

like R. Kelly with bad publicity would have long gone.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by MP007(m): 9:18am On Apr 08, 2007
Dont know abt other parts of the world,But here in the usa,I perfer not to be seen as a celeb cos paparazzi's make there life miserable.u loose weight to satisfy the public, u make public confession abt ur private life just to sell movies.aint down with all of that.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by fekuti: 1:32am On Apr 09, 2007
take it from mike tyson, he\'s done it all:

\"Real freedom is having nothing. I was freer when I didn\'t have a cent. \"

\"I been robbed of my most of my money, can I at least get sex without the people wanting to harass me and wanting to throw me in jail? \"

\"I know why they don\'t like me because they want the money I have. \"

\"Money! It\'s all about money. Before, I had money but no understanding of money, so they didn\'t care.\"

Mike Tyson
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by star01(m): 1:35am On Apr 09, 2007
like 2pac words
"when they see u re rich they come to get ya"
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by Busta(f): 3:05am On Apr 09, 2007
love the money and the fame comes with it
the troubles and headache. . .might be too much.
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by star01(m): 3:28am On Apr 09, 2007
more money more problem,
   but i would rather be a celebrity n face the consequences rather than being an average man
Re: Life As A Celebrity: Good Or Bad? by kellorah: 4:13pm On Apr 12, 2007
there'll definitely be good AND bad moments. celeb or not!

(1) (Reply)

Beyonce Is Now White / Cynthia Morgan Dumps X Boyfriend DAMMY KRANE For Billionaire Boyfriend. / I Love Being Naked,for I Was Born Naked – Model Shuga Titi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.