Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,893 members, 7,821,118 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:28 AM

My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron (3163 Views)

NDLEA Arrests Drug Baron Shipping $23m Narcotics To S’africa (pictured) / Ugandan Babe Stabs Nigerian Boyfriend Over Sex (Graphic Photos) / Drug Baron Held For Producing Drugs In Anambra State (PICTURE) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by tanasha(f): 11:25pm On Apr 05, 2007
I`ve been dating a nigerian guy who frequently travels to nigerian,almost every 3 months.Now he`s gone for Easter holidays and some pple were telling me that he`s a drug baron!I`m so scared and i don`t really know what this is ,as i`n not nigerian.He told me he was a car dealer but some of his pple were saying he`s a baron and i`m putting my life in danger.I really loved this guy with all my heart and i can`t even pick his calls anymore.I`m planning to run away to another city before he comes back.Please help me knowwhat this all means.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by cuteass1(f): 11:28pm On Apr 05, 2007
could it be his people were telling you this so you'll leave their brother alone?? undecided

my dear if you find out that he truly is a "whatever you called it" then run ooh, a criminal can never be trusted.
you shouldn't settle for anything less than the best, and believe me dearie a criminal is definitely not on the list wink

you have to look out for yourself girl but make sure you're not being decieved either wink
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by tanasha(f): 11:58pm On Apr 05, 2007
I`m really confused , ?I really don`t know how i`m gona find out and i even suspected hat his friend`s could be lying but what if they are not?Seems like i`ve put my life in a mess i`m still in shock and i`m scared.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by cuteass1(f): 12:38am On Apr 06, 2007
tanasha:

I`m really confused , ?I really don`t know how i`m gona find out and i even suspected hat his friend`s could be lying but what if they are not?Seems like i`ve put my life in a mess i`m still in shock and i`m scared.

Dear until you have a reason to doubt someone, stick with them. Now for all we care he could be doing what he's being accused of on the other hand he might not.

If he still treats you like a man is supposed to treat his lady, respects you, cares for you, has shown you he loves you, and you've not moticed any change in his behaviour nor has he given you any reasons to doubt him then i suggest you give deaf ears.

If you start to imagine this, why would one's close friend be bad-mouthing his own person if doesn't stand to gain anything??

how would we( you or i) feel if ourspouses took decisions and acted on them just based on what people told them?? bad, right?? cry

then i think you owe him as much as to give him a benefit of the doubt, you might even watch him closely when he gets back, but until he has been proven guilty, give deaf ears to gossips wink

They ruin relationships sad
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by tanasha(f): 1:41am On Apr 06, 2007
winkCute-ass thanks for your advice i feel so much better and i feel you are right.I have to face him and find out the truth,he has loved me beyond my expectations and has always been good to me.I will hae to face him and know the truth for myself then i will decide.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by cuteass1(f): 1:57am On Apr 06, 2007
tanasha:

winkCute-ass thanks for your advice i feel so much better and i feel you are right.I have to face him and find out the truth,he has loved me beyond my expectations and has always been good to me.I will hae to face him and know the truth for myself then i will decide.

thats the right way to go about it girl, his friends might be up to something, never trust another human being with all you got.

time will surely tell you what to believe, till then trust him and give him the benefit of the doubt, you owe him that much. How can you throw away the love he has for you with some unproven theory from a couple of obvious jealous friends.

Good luck honey cheesy it shall be well.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by whiteroses(f): 1:58am On Apr 06, 2007
don't panic if he's a drug whatever it's none of your business just enjoy him and his money while you can
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by tanasha(f): 11:35am On Apr 06, 2007
lol white rose if it was that simple i could just enjoy but i don`t wanna end up in jail or with a bullet in my head.Or him being dead i can`t stand that, i have to know that`s the best.But thanks anyways i feel a lot better!
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by Seun(m): 1:29am On Apr 09, 2007
He says he's a car dealer, but you know he's probably a drug baron, so run! Run for your life! Report to the police!
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by cuteass1(f): 1:32am On Apr 09, 2007
Seun:

He says he's a car dealer, but you know he's probably a drug baron, so run! Run for your life! Report to the police!

she doesn't know, a friend of the guy told her.

why would the guy's friend do such a thing if he's not up to something?

well i'm not saying he isn't one ,but something fishy is smelling undecided
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by Busta(f): 2:19am On Apr 09, 2007
who in the world uses the word "baron" these days?

do u have any reasons to believe that he is into any kind of shady business?

why not be sure and confirm ur suspicions rather than believe wat pple are saying or telling u?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by adeboo(f): 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2007
No i dont think he is a baron. The people telling you that dont realy approve of your relationship with him - dont be scared.

He may be involved in other kinds of businesses.
Answer these questions-

- does he work?
- how often does he travel?
- is he constantly receiving phone calls?
- does he always have loads of cash around?

He may be genuinely involved in a legite business and he may not be.

I personally dont think he is from the sounds of what you have said.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by youngies(m): 6:27pm On Apr 10, 2007
adeboo:

No i don't think he is a baron. The people telling you that don't realy approve of your relationship with him - don't be scared.

He may be involved in other kinds of businesses.
Answer these questions-

- does he work?
- how often does he travel?
- is he constantly receiving phone calls?
- does he always have loads of cash around?

He may be genuinely involved in a legite business and he may not be.

I personally don't think he is from the sounds of what you have said.
Yes, you need to answer the above questions. Then follow it up by telling him that you are interested in knowing about his business. Tell him you want know where he buys his cars and who his customers are in Naija. Then watch but closely his reactions. Don't miss even the minutest details like scratching his eye lashes, that might be the clue you are looking for
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by ultrafem(f): 6:41pm On Apr 10, 2007
@POSTER

RUN RUN RUN PLS RUN. IF YOU WANT I WILL BORROW YOU MY LEGS TO RUN

some ppl are here saying maybe his friends are after something by telling such things. rubbish. i tell you they are probably right, they probably telling you the truth. A girl i know is now in jail in America becos her bf who was a drug dealer put alot of his ill gotten goods in her name and when the law came down on him, she was shocked to find many of his assets and deals were done in her name without her consent.
Anyway RUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

ONE EXAMPLE many of my ex bf's friends were telling me my bf was sleeping around, i thought they were lying, that they wanted to get into my pants, but guess what they were right, i caught him one day 6months after cheating on me. And like ppl are telling you now that his friends are up to no good , same way ppl were telling me my dear runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by 4Play(m): 6:50pm On Apr 10, 2007
If you started to run from every Nigerian engaged in criminal activity,you might as well stop dating Nigerians. grin
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by DewDrop(f): 6:57pm On Apr 10, 2007
@4 Play: angry Grrrrrr Not All Nigerians are engaged in criminal activity just as not all Italians are mobsters! Be NICE!

as for tanasha, If someone has loved you beyond even your expectations, you owe him more than a 'dear john' letter. AND there is no need to be coy and ask leading questions and try to read minds and decipher body language- JUST tell him straight up!

You can lead with something like "i was reading all these things on the internet about Nigerian business men and I'm just curious about blah blah blah".

But just come out with it!
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by Seun(m): 7:02pm On Apr 10, 2007
If you started to run from every Nigerian engaged in criminal activity,you might as well stop dating Nigerians.
That's much better than going to jail for what you know nothing about. So please run for your life and freedom!

If you are not sure that he's a drug dealer, then you can report to the police. Investigating such things is their job!
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by 4Play(m): 7:07pm On Apr 10, 2007
Seun:

If you are not sure that he's a drug dealer, then you can report to the police. Investigating such things is their job!

Its bettter she makes her excuses and quietly leaves than inform the Police.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by ultrafem(f): 8:45pm On Apr 10, 2007
i second that motion . Girl runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by Seun(m): 1:17am On Apr 11, 2007
Its bettter she makes her excuses and quietly leaves than inform the Police.
Why is it better? Can't she drop an anonymous tip from a payphone?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by Maneater1(f): 12:52pm On Apr 11, 2007
whiteroses:

don't panic if he's a drug whatever it's none of your business just enjoy him and his money while you can

there was this girl that was feeling smart and rolling with a shady guy, unfortunately she was with him in his car when there was a drive-by shooting, they are both dead. dont put urself in a dangerous situation.

and as for those advising she call the cops on his ass, no matter what u cant tell on an ex-love, no one likes a snitch. dont put urself in a dangerous situation just tell him u cant be with him cos its compromising ur sfaty and leave. Dont get shot over something u r not part off.

he mite not be into drugs but most car dealers aint doing nothing legit, they cud be stolen cars and people like that ususally have dangerous friends.

be careful babes! undecided
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by Seun(m): 10:16pm On Apr 11, 2007
If she reports to the police and later gets shot, at least the police will know who is responsible?
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by ultrafem(f): 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2007
@man eater
you have said it all jare. wink
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by IBDat(m): 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2007
U peeps ain't easy, The poor guy girl is obviously already in a state and now i'm sure she's even worse off.
Let's break it down:
1. She says his people r telling her he's a drug baron (is he Norega?) - who are his people_his friends and if they are so against it why are they his friends?
2. He travels back every 3 months - so i'm back apprx every 5/6 mths does dat make me one? - does he have investments back home?
3. She can't answer his phone anymore - i'm shocked she was answering it b4 (and they're not married) we r talking about a Nigerian man here.
4. THERE IS NO PROOF!

Girl u should knw better - take more of an interest in his life and maybe yo judgement wouldn't be so impaired.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by ultrafem(f): 12:52am On Apr 12, 2007
runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn girl
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by tanasha(f): 12:59pm On Apr 14, 2007
His sis called me during easter and was asking when i`ll visit to Nigeria.I did a bit of investigations and i learnt that he sent 10 000 euro to Nigeria and some of his friends were present , that`s when they became suspicious.According to a man at the african shop,my boyfriend made his money a long time ago and he`s got a lot of investments in Nigeria.He goes to clear his cars as he says and he is not a drug baron.
He does not work but is currently studying,he only travels once in every 3 months and he does not have a lot of friends.He receives calls once in a while, i don`t live with him so i wouldn`t know what happens during my absence.He has never bought anything in my name and he wants to marry me this summer,he`s got his own european nationality and i really don`t think he`s out to use me in any way.He gives me money,wants me to study and have a good career,i really don`t know . I come from a poor family and everything i`ve got is because of him.I`m trying to trust him and i will continue to give him the benefit of the doubt.He`ll be back on Tuesday and i`ll have to face him and tell him what i`ve had.He`s a christian,he loves God and he`s always helping his pple.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by IBDat(m): 1:39pm On Apr 14, 2007
Now you're thinking clearly! So i guess you already know there is something dodgy there, the question is what is it? n NO yo life is not in danger!
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by cuteass1(f): 1:54pm On Apr 14, 2007
@ IBDat

you're getting me hypnotised with your posts ooh. Thanks for always reading my mind, and being as realistic as possible unlike some that think generalization and digging every soul in the same shovel is the order of the day wink
keep on keeping dear!

@ Tanasha
well dear, i told you earlier on this thread, and i'll tell you again. Do not judge someone by what others say, esp. when there's no proof to to what they're saying. When you love someone and you know the person loves you, you owe the person some amount of trust and benefit of doubt to come over whatever others think.

Now i made it clear to you, that these people of his were just after to throw you out of his life, what friend or relation will so concerned in exposing their own person?? Never you do something because someone else that has been in your shoes had a particular outcome, we all have different destinies. Someone else's should not determine yours.

I'm happy you got the answer you're looking for, and that you guys get the life you hope for. Remember, until the person is proven guilty, their chances of of innocence cannot be wiped away wink
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by sweetilomo(f): 4:47pm On Apr 14, 2007
even if he's a drug baron or whatever pls dont tell the police.u dont want the downfall of a man u love 2 come from u.u better leave him on a clear note than 2 report him.i tell u,u'll regret till u die if u report him
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by raphy(m): 8:23pm On Apr 14, 2007
hi
if i find out he is a baron u have to run thats all i v to tell ya shocked
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by mamaput(f): 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2007
People do not make money like that on cars alone.
if more than one person told you , then there is something funny.
These is this Nigerian lady i know she once had a Nigerian Visitor and he was using her car to do his deals not knowing the police was on his tail. Till the day the Police came a knocking on her door.
It took a lot of effort to convince them that she was innocent.
Anyway in Europe the police will most likely be tapping all lines for sometime b4 they come.
Re: My Nigerian Boyfriend May Be A Drug Baron by waleleader(m): 10:06pm On Apr 14, 2007
@tanasha,
Why worry urself so much when u can easily wake him up in the middle of the night to ask him. At that time of the day, he wont be able to quickly make up lies.

Plan B.

If u are scared to face him alone, get a trusted friend to be there and honestly ask him

Assure him that You are not out to expose him but You sincerely cannot be with him if he's into that business

You have nothing to be scared about, be bold and take your life into your hands

i have reasons to believe that they are lying to you anyway undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

See Pictures From Nigeria Prisons That Got People Talking Online / Cultism Alert! Tasued Is Killing Me / "See The Way Europeans Use Us" Benin Boy Cries Out (vid)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.