Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,995 members, 7,838,510 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? (14420 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be Affected By Past Curses And Ancestral Bondages? / How To Hear God's Voice And See Visions / Can A Born Again Christian Marry A Muslim Lady? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Shepherd00: 7:02pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dottore:

How did our parents and grandparents do it in their days and still achieved near perfect marital union compare to the present era where despite the many "God's directives, leading, revelations and the likes" spinsters and bachelors' program, singles summit and many others there are still very high rate of marital failures. Pls educate me
Lol, your parents achieved near perfect marriages? No, it wasn't near perfect, except perfection by your standard has a different definition.

Our Fathers never loved our mothers, they married their wives for necessities sakes and as farm hands, sex for them was for the purpose of procreation. Our mothers were largely subjugated and ignored. Their marriages were more Master/servant lesions than husband and wife which is suppose to be in a relationship.

Our parents never cared abt the feelings of our mothers. They saw them as objects to be had. There wasn't any iota of love-relationship between them.

Our mothers were beaten like animals. Our mothers never enjoyed sex with our fathers because the men didn't know if anything like orgasm existed. When they climax, it was done.

If this is what you call Near perfection, then you know not what marriage is about.

And, don't forget, Jesus instituted marriage so knows its rudiments more than your parents.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Shepherd00: 7:03pm On Apr 25, 2019
HitSong:
[s][/s] Lol RUBBISH
Same to you.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Dottore: 8:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shepherd00:

Lol, your parents achieved near perfect marriages? No, it wasn't near perfect, or except perfection by your standard has a different definition.

Our Fathers never loved our mothers, they married their wives for necessities as farm hands, sex for the purpose of procreation. Our mothers were largely subjugated. Their marriages were more Master/servant lesions than husband and wife which in a relationship.

Our parents never cared abt the feelings of our mothers. They saw them as objects to be had. There wasn't any iota of love-relationship between them.

Our mothers were beaten like animals. Our mothers never enjoyed sex with our fathers because they men didn't know if anything like orgasm existed. When they climax, it was done.

If these is what you call Near perfection, then you know not what marriage is about.

And, don't forget, Jesus instituted marriage so knows its rudiments more than your parents.
If your father and his brothers were beasts to their wives then it's unfortunate. My parents are very married and heading eagerly to golden jubilee of marital union. Their marital union is examplary and worthy of emulation.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Shepherd00: 8:17pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dottore:

If your father and his brothers were beasts to their wives then it's unfortunate. My parents are very married and heading eagerly to golden jubilee of marital union. Their marital union is examplary and worthy of emulation.
Congrats to them. It's either your father is considered a weakling whose whims are his wife's or he is an exceptional man.

If you can be truthful and won't lie, between your parents, who is the man, your father or your mother? because homes like this, the woman is always the man dishing out orders while the man obeys.

Olden days marriages are hardly as you say, except a weak man concedes to the woman. So, pls tell, who controls who in your home? Mama or Papa. If you lie, you lie to yourself.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Dottore: 8:30pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shepherd00:

Congrats to them. It's either your father is considered a weakling whose whims are his wife's or he is an exceptional man.

If you can be truthful and won't lie, between your parents, who is the man, your father or your mother? because homes like this, the woman is always the man dishing out orders while the man obeys.

Olden days marriages are hardly as you say, except a weak man concedes to the woman. So, pls tell, who controls who in your home? Mama or Papa. If you lie, you lie to yourself.
I owe you no burden of proof but if you must know, popsi calls the shot in family decisions and he knows his place and momsi acknowledges his authority and knows her place. They see themselves as companions and best friends. They don't keep secrets from each other.
Dad would always tell ms "MAY God give you a wide that will be as nice as you mother"

Mom would tell my sisters: "may the Lord bless you with a good husband like your father"

You have a choice of not believing me. And amongst my siblings they all wish to be as happily married as our parents. So tell me what other benchmark is needed to weigh their marital union.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Shepherd00: 8:40pm On Apr 25, 2019
Dottore:

I owe you no burden of proof but if you must know, popsi calls the shot in family decisions and he knows his place and momsi acknowledges his authority and knows her place. They see themselves as companions and best friends. They don't keep secrets from each other.
Dad would always tell ms "MAY God give you a wide that will be as nice as you mother"

Mom would tell my sisters: "may the Lord bless you with a good husband like your father"

You have a choice of not believing me. And amongst my siblings they all wish to be as happily married as our parents. So tell me what other benchmark is needed to weigh their marital union.
You see how you just shut yourself in the foot? So it is the Lord who gave your Momsi a husband like your popsi?
Yet you attacked me like I said an abominable thing.

Your parents are exceptional because there are friends, and only God can bring two like minds together, that is why we pray to the Lord to help us find partners like your parents did. Go back 80 years and check how marriages were. You have Aunts and Uncles, Village folks, neighbors. How are their marriages, like your parents?

Before you attack people, first read. Don't just attack becos it about Jesus.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by Dottore: 8:52pm On Apr 25, 2019
Shepherd00:

You see how you just shut yourself in the foot? So it is the Lord who gave your Momsi a husband like your popsi?
Yet you attacked me like I said an abominable thing.

Your parents are exceptional because there are friends, and only God can bring two like minds together, that is why we pray to the Lord to help us find partners like your parents did. Go back 80 years and check how marriages were. You have Aunts and Uncles, Village folks, neighbors. How are their marriages, like your parents?

Before you attack people, first read. Don't just attack becos it about Jesus.
So all the people that were involved in failed marriages didn't pray or didn't hear from God before venturing into marriage. Oga even in my extended family there's no history of failed marriage at least to the best of my knowledge talking about my uncles and aunties as well as my siblings.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by asalimpo(m): 8:55pm On May 20, 2019
DavidEsq:
The bible has provided the simple procedures of getting a good mate. Find it in the bible. I wld advice u read "secret of family happiness". U may download it. Its free.
Besides, read Hebrews 1:1,2. It tells us that God has stopped speaking to us directly but now through the scriptures.
God still speaks to people today. You cant get all answers from d scriptures. Personal life decisions cant all b answered by scriptures e.g what course to study,which job to accept , should you buy the car/house from this dealer? Should you board that vehicle? God still directs people today.

1 Like

Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by asalimpo(m): 9:11pm On May 20, 2019
Date 100 or more women. Eliminate the ones you dont like. Settle for the ONE you really bond with-that is your wife. Spend a lotta time with them to know what you really like/dislike in a woman.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by DavidEsq(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2019
asalimpo:

God still speaks to people today. You cant get all answers from d scriptures. Personal life decisions cant all b answered by scriptures e.g what course to study,which job to accept , should you buy the car/house from this dealer? Should you board that vehicle? God still directs people today.
Pls read 2 Timothy 3:16. It tells us the scriptures is beneficial for all purposes of life. It also tells us this at 1 Corinthians 13:8-10:
Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with .
If u look at verse 11, it tells us that all what u are talking about have come to an end.
Now the Bible answers personal decosions. How? On what course to study and which job to accept, Matthew 6:33 tells us not to engage in life pursuits that would drown out our spirituality, family life, duties in the congregation, etc. On why u should buy a car from a particular dealer: Proverbs 21:5 says: The plans of the diligent surely lead to success,But all who are hasty surely head for poverty. .
What does this tell u about the need to put diligence over trust? Very clear. Shouldn't u call a mech to test the car, take it's particulars to VIO for verification, do a police background check on the dealer, call a lawyer? If u say no, well there we are. The second part of that scripture describes u. So if God has penned down these instructions, wouldnt he be foolish to continue telling u wat u have refused to read in the scriptures? On whether u should board a vehicle or not, Proverbs 21:5 also advice's u to be diligent. Other events that could occur far beyond the reach of diligence is captured by Ecclesiastics 9:11 which tells us that unexpected events overtake us ALL. So now, all the victims of accidents, didn't have God to speak to them? Sometimes we make ourselves victims (of false religion) before we even get victimized by the same false religion.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by asalimpo(m): 4:13pm On May 21, 2019
DavidEsq:

Pls read 2 Timothy 3:16. It tells us the scriptures is beneficial for all purposes of life. It also tells us this at 1 Corinthians 13:8-10:
Love never fails. But if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away with; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away with. 9 For we have partial knowledge and we prophesy partially, 10 but when what is complete comes, what is partial will be done away with .
If u look at verse 11, it tells us that all what u are talking about have come to an end.
Now the Bible answers personal decosions. How? On what course to study and which job to accept, Matthew 6:33 tells us not to engage in life pursuits that would drown out our spirituality, family life, duties in the congregation, etc. On why u should buy a car from a particular dealer: Proverbs 21:5 says: The plans of the diligent surely lead to success,But all who are hasty surely head for poverty. .
What does this tell u about the need to put diligence over trust? Very clear. Shouldn't u call a mech to test the car, take it's particulars to VIO for verification, do a police background check on the dealer, call a lawyer? If u say no, well there we are. The second part of that scripture describes u. So if God has penned down these instructions, wouldnt he be foolish to continue telling u wat u have refused to read in the scriptures? On whether u should board a vehicle or not, Proverbs 21:5 also advice's u to be diligent. Other events that could occur far beyond the reach of diligence is captured by Ecclesiastics 9:11 which tells us that unexpected events overtake us ALL. So now, all the victims of accidents, didn't have God to speak to them? Sometimes we make ourselves victims (of false religion) before we even get victimized by the same false religion.
you are talking about principles. The bible has a principle for every life event. True. But not all the answers. You cannot find specific answers to many life events in d bible.
I gave examples earlier,dont mix things up or confuse issues.

On the job thing,your respponse is out of point. What of situations where one is contemplating 2 or more legitimate options?

On contemplating boarding or not boarding a vehicle? What does diligence hav to do with it?

"should you buy a car/house from this dealer?"- your response is again besides the point. Vio check, background check are all irrelevant to the issue at hand.
Do all ppl at a cross road,indolent careless ppl ? Does doing all checks and taking all precautions solve the problem? No. The issue is integrity or honesty but confusion. Most christians struggle with this issue.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by DavidEsq(m): 9:09pm On May 21, 2019
asalimpo:

you are talking about principles. The bible has a principle for every life event. True. But not all the answers. You cannot find specific answers to many life events in d bible.
I gave examples earlier,dont mix things up or confuse issues.

On the job thing,your respponse is out of point. What of situations where one is contemplating 2 or more legitimate options?

On contemplating boarding or not boarding a vehicle? What does diligence hav to do with it?

"should you buy a car/house from this dealer?"- your response is again besides the point. Vio check, background check are all irrelevant to the issue at hand.
Do all ppl at a cross road,indolent careless ppl ? Does doing all checks and taking all precautions solve the problem? No. The issue is integrity or honesty but confusion. Most christians struggle with this issue.
So u feel the need to do check ups is foolish? Like I said, the second part of that scripture should answer ur question, then.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by asalimpo(m): 8:56pm On May 23, 2019
DavidEsq:

So u feel the need to do check ups is foolish? Like I said, the second part of that scripture should answer ur question, then.
you miss the point i am tryna make greatly. Vio nd car checks are irrelevant to the argumnt at hand. Wrong choices too. The point is,the bible cannot answer all life's questions specifically. And many ppl battle everyday with all sorts of problems for which they need help. Christians. They hav no particular scripture to help them in their state of confusion so they are lost nd confused.
E.g house rent is due,your landlord will evict you, you hav no where to get the money. What do you do?

You got admission into stanford nd yale nd princeton. Which do you choose? Which bible verse will help you make a specific choice? None.

This because the bible is not for astrology. It is impossible to do so nd still b portable,so the christian needs in addition to knowledge of scriptures (general principles) to hear directly from God.
E.g, peter toiled all night and caught nothing. He was a skilled fisherman. But after Jesus stepped into his boat and used it to preach, He gave peter a few O.T verses like whatever thy hand findeth to do, do it with all thy might? Or a merry heart doeth good like medicine ? No. He told peter exactly what to do. He gave him a word that solved the problem forever. The same river that had no fish,now produced fish in abundance, until the net broke!

So scriptures alone is not enough. Hearing specifically from God on an issue is the key. Many times David consulted God bf going into battle-and God would give him specifc instructions. Hence,David would always win.
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by jekagadura: 11:01am On Sep 20, 2020
...the same way you hear God about other things...but there is a caveat you are to note. That you married right does not mean the marriage will last. For a marriage to last, both parties involved must be bound by the mutual obedience to the law of the LORD GOD!
Re: How Does A Born Again Christian Hear GOD About The Right Spouse? by ABOVEDELAW: 12:23pm On Sep 20, 2020
GOD DID NOT CREATE NOR CHOSE ANY SPOUSE FOR ANY BODY HE CREATED, STOP CONFUSING YOURSELF.
Righteousness89:
Firstly, You Have to Be Sincere to GOD about your Request ... don't ask GOD for his Choice when you Already have your Choice...

Secondly, Depend on GOD fully.. let him understand that you cannot marry Except you hear from HIM..

Thirdly, Create an atmosphere to hear from GOD.. i.e
Live Right
Read your Bible
Communicate with GOD..

Lastly, Relax, Be paitent... don't be in a rush to hear .. if not you will hear different voices

I Assure you, Even if your GOD Ordained Partner is in Russia, GOD Would connect you both...

I say This From My Personal Experience

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Benny Hinn's Miracle & Impartation Service At Christ Embassy / U Are Born-again But You Still Lust After Men Or Women? This Prayer Can Help U / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.